Rock Bottom

fired up

Honestly I think we are at Rock bottom right now.

We are no better than when Bailey took over, even if we were tanking and building.

The truth is we can not even beat teams with little or no wins.

We are softer than ever, we look disinterested most of the time.

I cant see how they can turn it around without a major shake up and replacing personal.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are no better than when Bailey took over, even if we were tanking and building.

i disagree with this, when Bailey did get the job is when this club was at its lowest. He made the hard calls on certain players, went down a path that was much needed(youth).

I cant see how they can turn it around without a major shake up and replacing personal.

5 first team players missing today, plus the Tapscott injury

Yeah St Kilda are terrible havnt played in the Last 2 grand finals have they

We were strong in contested possession and tackles today

I am sick of the doom sayers we are still 9th with over half the Season left

Worse than when Bailey took over? you must have a terribly short memory...imagine paying at that time missing a qaurter of our starting 22

Gary Lyon said today that if the Saints lost to Melbourne they would have hit rock bottom because if you couldnt beat us well enough said.

i disagree with this, when Bailey did get the job is when this club was at its lowest. He made the hard calls on certain players, went down a path that was much needed(youth).

When Bailey got the job, he thought we had a list to make the finals and have a crack. He failed dismally in his first year and only then did he look at the youth path.

You kidding me.

Our kids were good today.

I would take todays effort over the win against the Bears, save for some insipid efforts by Davey and Newton at times.

lol

What rubbish...

We are having our issues, but to compare us to Rd 1 2008 is just dumb.

I never get to carried away when someone uses hyperbole on here but it is stupid to say that we are where we were when Daniher left.

Can you honestly, honestly say you lined this game up as a win pre-season? I sure as hell didn't. Yeah, St Kilda are down on their form. But there's still class. Riewoldt, Montagna and Goddard were the difference today, and once we have that bit of class running through our midfield (see Scull, Trenners, a bulked Gys) we will have them. Watts was sensational by all accounts, and will keep improving.

Stuff the drama. I'll be there Friday screaming my lungs out because the only thing better than beating the Filth is beating Carlton.

You kidding me.

I would take todays effort over the win against the Bears, save for some insipid efforts by Davey and Newton at times.

Echo that.

Our kids were good.

Gysberts is a B grade player right now, at 19.

He will be good...

And Watts is showing more and more.

Our kids are getting there.

It's the Daniher leftovers that are not doing much...

We lost this game. They didn't win it.

I don't even have to see how many goals they kicked from turnovers to know that.

We had Newton, Davey, Jones and Bartram costing us about 10 goals between them.

I'm not disheartened; looked at the players I just mentioned. They're our second rate players. It's just how things are.

Good work by the kids, yet again.

It's a new episode of melodrama every week.

I'll be staggered if anything tops the West Coast loss.

Exactly. The West Coast loss will take some matching, this isn't even remotely close.

When Bailey got the job, he thought we had a list to make the finals and have a crack.

Did he tell you that? That's contrary to just about every thing I've heard about how Bailey went about it, starting from his job interview.

We lost this game. They didn't win it.

I don't even have to see how many goals they kicked from turnovers to know that.

We had Newton, Davey, Jones and Bartram costing us about 10 goals between them.

I'm not disheartened; looked at the players I just mentioned. They're our second rate players. It's just how things are.

Good work by the kids, yet again.

Spot on, half a dozen mistakes cost the game, not a lack of intent (save the Davey incident)

I'll just say as well - if you can't honestly say you didn't expect losses like this this season, you've absolutely got your head in the sand?

We matched last year's grand finalist and just got run over a touch by that extra A-grade that they have from experience and developed A-grade talent. Apart from the Davey issue, I'm still pleased with the game.

Echo that.

Our kids were good.

Gysberts is a B grade player right now, at 19.

He will be good...

And Watts is showing more and more.

Our kids are getting there.

It's the Daniher leftovers that are not doing much...

+1 what you said about what he said plus the bits you added.

When are people on this site realise Bailey is a management speak bull shitartist i hope the board wakes ups soon!

You kidding me.

McLure..ABC .. The Saints were woeful.... Melbourne were worse (Yes I was there, ...every Victorian Game.. even skilled stadium... for many years) We are fragile, some signs of hope from kids. but we were bad.

McLure..ABC .. The Saints were woeful.... Melbourne were worse (Yes I was there, ...every Victorian Game.. even skilled stadium... for many years) We are fragile, some signs of hope from kids. but we were bad.

Mclure.....OK,

Our kids were good, we were on top in most KPIs especially contested ball, tackling, a man down with and already depleted outfit and the white flag was flown by one of our senior players.

I saw enough today to continue to get excited aboout our midfield going forward. It will be the best midfield at the club in my lifetime in the next couple of seasons.

We won the contested ball, we tackled well. We let ourselves down. Errors at both ends cost us dearly. Rock bottom? I think not. Without the brain fades, the squibbs and a third of our best starting 18 off the park, we didnt do so bad. No excuses - we lost. The way we lost was a big step forward compared to last week.

Serious?

Hardwick was critical of our list, shown the door. Bailey was talking them up and things went pearshaped.

In opposite world?

I think Bailey had to coach our team to lose too often. They're not the same team they were last year... same personnel but not the same attitude.

From what I know Bailey didn't give a glowing appraisal of our list. Hence the culling that occurred and the corresponding tanking.

But I do remember feeling uncomfortable when we started this process. Something about waving the white flag and bringing kids into a culture of losing worries me...

But my personal opinion is coaches ingrain their football philosophy on their players. Roos, Malthouse, and Lyon seem to get the most out of their lists. There’s even early signs Hardwick is holding players accountable.

We have a young list and I never expected finals this year, but I did expect us to be in games for longer. What does Bailey and the players who play for him stand for? I’m not saying nothing, I just don’t know what yet.