Martin - courageous but limited

Tapscott - was surprisingly quiet

Davey - great from defence

Jetta - failed his chance

Bail - effective until injury

Newton - gave some hope

Jones - aggressive and effective

You have to be kidding!

This bloke is a hack! Again 2 turnovers costing us goals at critical times of the game.

Jones....disposal is woeful!

Soft as butter!

Too the twos!

The turnover king

Joeboy, normally I think you get it pretty close.

Today, very kind to senior players - Green, Moloney, Davey & Dunn. Very tough on new players - Martin & Watts in particular.

When are we going to start to blame the senior players for debacles like this, and not the younger ones???

Edited by Akum

Jones was our best. Jones soft? Try bennell davey these guys are soft. Wona is fat and slow and not sure why he is in the team. Maric our best small forward. Dunn horrible. Davey turned it over far more than Jones, his horrible kicks across goal. The guy is a down hill skier!

Green - he was there?

Warnock - old fashioned stopper

Jones - tried as always

Bartram - tried but unskilled

Watts - skillful, not aggressive

Gysberts - steady learning process

Bennell - couldn't give more

Frawley - best for us

Sylvia - four quarter effort

Dunn - clumsy and distracted

Petterd - got sucked in

Maric - back to casey

Garland - was desperately needed

Moloney - struggles without russian

Jurrah - better, still lazyish

Wonaemirri - positioned himself wrong

Martin - wrong rucking strategy

Tapscott - needed runners around

Davey - skills are struggling

Jetta - tried too hard

Bail - solid, needed player

Newton - had early luck

Bailey - back to struggling

Umpires - inconsistent as us

Green - lost looking captain

Warnock - consistent considering rampage

Jones - ran...thats it.

Bartram - not the worst

Watts - tried hard throughout

Gysberts - talented but young

Bennell - not enough gametime

Frawley - the attacking defender

Sylvia - another inconsistent performance

Dunn - don't defend again!

Petterd - Jack Reiwoldt frustration

Maric - Impact...continues form.

Garland - Curtalied yet determined

Moloney - Shut down. Quiet

Jurrah - No second efforts

Wonaemirri - Spare Tyre Syndrome

Martin - Gallant and trying.

Tapscott - First quiet game

Davey - Wasteful and confused

Jetta - What's his role?

Bail - Efficient until injury

Newton - VFL not AFL

Bailey - Assistant Coach Only.

Most MFC players - Didn't turn up

Newton - Great first quarter / the only highlight

Martin - Great first quarter / the only highlight

Davey - turnover merchant, F#%k!

Melbourne supporters - Were rarely sighted (those who were there made some noise in the 1st and when the umps decided to put on a circus)

Bailey - Dead Man Walking

Josh Mahoney - Be honorable, walk. (BTW, what's with the 10 assistant coaches in the huddle at 3/4 time. They are getting away with daylight robbery, being on the MFC payroll)

Edited by Demon Disciple

I'm really surprised by the negative comments towards Martin.

He competed extremely well, especially in the first quarter, until he got a knock to the knee that really slowed him down.

He played against one the better ruckman in the competition and held his own. I thought he played very well and did a great job trying to curb the influence of Goldstein around the ground, with virtually no help.

And again, his disposal was good, he showed excellent athleticism and given what he was up against, he deserves a lot of praise IMO.

Btw, the umpiring in the ruck today was f'ing woeful.

Umpire appreciation week? More like shove it up your arse umpire week :lol:

Melbourne supporters - Were rarely sighted (those who were there made some noise in the 1st and when the umps decided to put on a circus)

Gotta agree with that one. The idiots around me not only failed to cheer, but were angry that others were cheering. WTF, stay home your fair weather wankers. Oh and to the North supporter who gave me crap all game only to leave 20 minutes before the siren, you are the reason why North is going under, because you won't even stay and cheer your boys when they win. Pathetic!

Edited by Jaded

I like Green as a player but he is down on form and that has happened since he assumed the captaincy

I think possibly Sylvia should be captain most of his performences are solid and he didnt give up today after taking quite a few nocks

Put Brad back to Vice and let him get some form back

As for Watts I believe Watts is learning and each week his starting to grow into a real AFL player he is definetly a workin progress

at least he no longer trips over his own feet.

He also certainly performed better than a number of other players of ours on the field today

Joeboy, normally I think you get it pretty close.

Today, very kind to senior players - Green, Moloney, Davey & Dunn. Very tough on new players - Martin & Watts in particular.

When are we going to start to blame the senior players for debacles like this, and not the younger ones???

Yeah, spot on. Green and Dunn in particular were ordinary.

Hmmm - Stef Martin. Starts on one of the least intimidating ruckman in the AFL and gets completely pantsed.

I can't look when the ball is in his hands, especially when a better ball user is running with him and he won't give it over.

Couldn't keep up with Goldy, has no idea about zone, doesn't run into space and couldn't catch a cold.

But, I'm being a bit tough - I don't know why we're all lamenting. We're not good enough........yet!

Remember 2013???

3 words >>>>Finals Chances Shot !!

Green, dunn, Davey were all pathetic and have been all year. If they had some balls theyd strip the captaincy and vice captaincy. Only thing is we have such a pathetic list there is no one to give it to other than Moloney.

Warnock was average.

Jones' disposal and decision making is atrocious.

Wonna is not going to make it. One of the worst indivisual games ive seen ina while.

The whole team lack heart and self decency

Guest 36DD

Green, dunn, Davey were all pathetic and have been all year. If they had some balls theyd strip the captaincy and vice captaincy. Only thing is we have such a pathetic list there is no one to give it to other than Moloney.

Warnock was average.

Wonna is not going to make it. One of the worst indivisual games ive seen ina while.

I will cut Wonna some slack given the trying preseason he had however, he is simply too fat and not fit enough to apply forward pressure which is critical in today's footy.

Last week Tim Watson said he barely made it to the interchange bench in the last quarter.

I will cut Wonna some slack given the trying preseason he had however, he is simply too fat and not fit enough to apply forward pressure which is critical in today's footy.

Last week Tim Watson said he barely made it to the interchange bench in the last quarter.

I think there has been plenty of case studies that show in all sports, than when a an athlete misses a whole season with injury, that it can sometimes take them a well of a year to find form again.

Therefore i am willing to give Wonna a bit of a reprieve.

Warnock was average.

Totally agree, should try something different, Russian and Beamer for Captain Vice Captain. They get into Maloney for an off field indiscression yet he has played a million times more committed than our so called leadership group combined. The list is full of to many small to medium size players who cannot take a contested mark and cannot even win the contested ball and they are poor decision markers!

Agree with Newton.

Never been a fan but at least he had a crack.

More than can be said for the majority of his team mates.

Unfortunately playing one good quarter doesn't constitute having a crack in my book. I'm with you I've never been a fan however I'm yet to be converted on the back of today's poor performance. There is a reason he was put on the rookie list!

Most MFC players - Didn't turn up

Newton - Great first quarter / the only highlight

Martin - Great first quarter / the only highlight

Davey - turnover merchant, F#%k!

Bailey - Dead Man Walking

Josh Mahoney - Be honorable, walk. (BTW, what's with the 10 assistant coaches in the huddle at 3/4 time. They are getting away with daylight robbery, being on the MFC payroll)

Green, Davey, Dunn, Newton and Bailey back to Casey!

Mahoney-Your Fired!

Warnock was average.

Look out, the apocolypse is on it's way.

She'll be right, soldier.

Newton - had early luck

Luck? Here's what I remember from the first quarter:

In one of the first plays Newton was involved in he came out and applied a decent bump on a North player, only for Dunn to slide in and give away a free kick. That seemed unlucky.

Newton took three marks within scoring range where he lead out strongly at the footy, kicking 2.1. I guess you could say the 50m penalty was lucky, but he earned the initial mark and also showed aggression at the North guy who took a jab at him.

Newton also made a great chase and tackle on a North defender streaming out of our forward line which earned him a free kick, and with advantage called Watts was able to kick a goal.

I think he had about 5 marks and 7 disposals at quarter time so I wouldn't be surprised if he had some more early 'luck' that I'm forgetting.