Bailey's Lament

Guest 36DD

Guest 36DD

If Bailey is to get the boot at the end of this season, I feel his biggest regret would be getting rid of James McDonald one year early.

Brad Green is just not a captain, great player and luv him but he is no captain, he was really poor today, along with a lot of others but he just does not have the ability to impose himself on the game. One of the great performances I witnessed by Garry Lyon was a miserable day at the G against Brisbane i think (when they were bad), we were getting rolled, Garry moved himself into the middle and willed our team to victory. Brad Green will never be able to do this, he relies on others.

Another thing I noticed last week was he missed the opportunity to give the ball to Petterd and Bate so they could kick goals. Furthermore, when Petterd kicked his first of the third quarter, Green was 10 metres away from Petterd's set shot, when Petterd kicked the goal, Green did not go over to him and pat him on the back or to gee him up, he simply turned around and ran to the wing ready for the next bounce. That is not leadership, fair to say I was shocked by it.

Is it possible that Green may get the arse as captain at the end of the season??? Who would we want as replacement???

This one's a bit risky but could come with big rewards, Col Sylvia would be my pick.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible that Green may get the arse as captain at the end of the season??? Who would we want as replacement???

This one's a bit risky but could come with big rewards, Col Sylvia would be my pick.

Brent Moloney, every day of the week.

If Bailey is to get the boot at the end of this season, I feel his biggest regret would be getting rid of James McDonald one year early.

Brad Green is just not a captain, great player and luv him but he is no captain, he was really poor today, along with a lot of others but he just does not have the ability to impose himself on the game. One of the great performances I witnessed by Garry Lyon was a miserable day at the G against Brisbane i think (when they were bad), we were getting rolled, Garry moved himself into the middle and willed our team to victory. Brad Green will never be able to do this, he relies on others.

Another thing I noticed last week was he missed the opportunity to give the ball to Petterd and Bate so they could kick goals. Furthermore, when Petterd kicked his first of the third quarter, Green was 10 metres away from Petterd's set shot, when Petterd kicked the goal, Green did not go over to him and pat him on the back or to gee him up, he simply turned around and ran to the wing ready for the next bounce. That is not leadership, fair to say I was shocked by it.

Absent captain goes with absent match-day coach - a perfect match!

Green has been in a shocking form this year. I don't know if he's carrying an injury but god he's lost his pace, and his kicking has totally gone down hill.

He was cruising out there today, which is so disappointing after he made great inroads last week.

I think it's easy to blame Bailey for everything that goes wrong, but often there are plenty of things that are beyond his control, and which he cannot be blamed for.

A captain going at half pace is one of those things. Greeny has absolutely disappointed me this year, and I've always been a fan.

Green has been in a shocking form this year. I don't know if he's carrying an injury but god he's lost his pace, and his kicking has totally gone down hill.

He was cruising out there today, which is so disappointing after he made great inroads last week.

I think it's easy to blame Bailey for everything that goes wrong, but often there are plenty of things that are beyond his control, and which he cannot be blamed for.

A captain going at half pace is one of those things. Greeny has absolutely disappointed me this year, and I've always been a fan.

well if its not Baileys fault can you tell me who is in charge of giving them all a game !!!!!!!!!! coach has last word

Guest 36DD

Frustrated the shizen out of me today, love to look at his GPS data, seemed to be a lot of walking, just did not seem interested.

Maybe, this whole leading teams and empowering players is bollocks. Surely the coaching staff would realise the dangers of having an outside player as your captain.

Guest 36DD

well if its not Baileys fault can you tell me who is in charge of giving them all a game !!!!!!!!!! coach has last word

Anyone know when was the last captain to be dropped purely based on poor form???

Guest 36DD

they tend to hide it under a mysterious injury these days to save face

cant play em back to form in the two's though

Edited by 36DD

Come on now, captains rarely get dropped, and Green is a high quality player.

Tell me who we have in the VFL who is a better option?

Green has plenty of credits in the bank, and Bailey will continue to persist with him, as would every other coach.

Remember that the boys voted Green into the leadership group and on face value I understand completely why the coaches and the board voted for Green to lead us.

I understand why the fans want Moloney, but it's because he goes out and gets [censored] post game that he isn't captain. Maybe it's an isolated incident, but it still tells me that he doesn't have the right mindset to lead a club, because it's as much what you do off field as it what you do on field.

Guest oldman emubitter

saw green do something during the west coast game that i've never seen a melbourne captain do. he dropped his head. then after the not giving bate a goal last week with about a minute to go, it was easy to see the bloke is not a captains ring hole

Come on now, captains rarely get dropped, and Green is a high quality player.

Tell me who we have in the VFL who is a better option?

Green has plenty of credits in the bank, and Bailey will continue to persist with him, as would every other coach.

Remember that the boys voted Green into the leadership group and on face value I understand completely why the coaches and the board voted for Green to lead us.

I understand why the fans want Moloney, but it's because he goes out and gets [censored] post game that he isn't captain. Maybe it's an isolated incident, but it still tells me that he doesn't have the right mindset to lead a club, because it's as much what you do off field as it what you do on field.

Green would not have any credits in the Bank if i had my way.

How can we ever improve the standard of this list with his performances. I love Brad, but he is not a captain & should have been dropped after the Wet Coke game. To set an example to the whole list.

2 weeks later, the problem still exists. A captain sets the example...which is what we got today.

For Many years everyone has cried out for green to play forward which we would all agree is his best position.

Green is having more a run in the midfield this year to show a bit of leadership but failing.

I'd like to see him across half back while we are a bit more undemanned to put his body on the line and inspire the team. Then fingers crossed with a bit of luck he can spend the 2nd half of the season in the forward line where he belongs.

Green is really not giving enough, as well as Davey these guys will struggle when trengove, grimes and scully are hitting there straps. Normal whipping boys Jones and Moloney have showed people there are in our best group of players.

I have to pull this one up. I don't think Aaron Davey gets enough credit for his sublime skills. There isn't another player in the competition who can kick the ball the way he does. I believe the opposite to what you're saying is true - when Scully, Trengove and Grimes are up and running there will be no opposition taggers left to follow the best kick in the competition. Does he rely on other players for his games to work? Sure and that has been his undoing in a young emerging side but as this team progresses, and despite the negativity on this forum, they are progressing, Aaron's game will climb to a new level.

Edited by WAClark

I have to pull this one up. I don't think Aaron Davey gets enough credit for his sublime skills. There isn't another player in the competition who can kick the ball the way he does. I believe the opposite to what you're saying is true - when Scully, Trengove and Grimes are up and running there will be no opposition taggers left to follow the best kick in the competition. Does he rely on other players for his games to work? Sure and that has been his undoing in a young emerging side but as this team progresses, and despite the negativity on this forum, they are progressing, Aaron's game will climb to a new level.

Gave them a goal in the first with said 'sublime skills'.

They're there, but sometimes he gets too cute.

I have been frustrated with Green all year. This year his kicking for goal has been woeful. Years ago he would be the player you would want to have the ball to kick you a winning goal.

Its not because we lost its been happening all year. He isnt a captain like a Judd or even a Jonathan Brown where you know if your team is down then they will put themselves on the line and go in and get the ball. Even Neitz would go in hard like when he crunched Luke McCabe that day to set a statement.

At quarter time i didnt even notice him on the field. Last week we saw him grab the jumper for pride. Well where was that today. Moloney played a poor game and was well held and he can do that because he has been awesome this season so we needed Green to stand up. I saw nothing. Its a big 5 games coming up. I would expect our captain to do a bit more.

For what reason? are you serious? why has nobody else commented on this?

Great player will never captain, has enough troubles motivating himself

Davey hasnt averaged higher than around 74% kicking efficiency his whole career.... does some nice things but will fluff it also, this year isnt the one i would use as an example either

saw green do something during the west coast game that i've never seen a melbourne captain do. he dropped his head. then after the not giving bate a goal last week with about a minute to go, it was easy to see the bloke is not a captains ring hole

Last week he was selfish. He had been under the pump all week and he made sure he got all the stats. I noticed it then, and he didn't back it up today.

I like Green, but he needs to work harder, like they all do.

Moloney is the Truest Captain i believe we will have on our list... pity off field incidents will influence his ability to do this.

Then it may be Grimes, or Scully..... who are very young like our list in general.... a big problem with our list is the lack of experience

Frawley leads from the front, organises the defence, i dont know where his credentials sit at, does a good job leading game day

Frustrated the shizen out of me today, love to look at his GPS data, seemed to be a lot of walking, just did not seem interested.

Maybe, this whole leading teams and empowering players is bollocks. Surely the coaching staff would realise the dangers of having an outside player as your captain.

Geez, I hope he hasn't signed his Footy Diary and closed it, having been given the 'Captaincy', and feels it's now completed works.