We've got a coach in our Midst.

dee-luded

Given Fremantles pathetic history up until that point, it was an achievement..one which DB is unlikely to emulate, ever :( !

A reasonable chunk of people thought we were likely to make the eight this year. (I didn't).

Ironically, we're eighth right now but most of them have jumped off that bandwagon.

OK, you get a medal. Happy?

In case you missed it, my point is that for all the 'THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING' talk in general on Demonland since Thursday, and the specific suggestion that DB will never take a side to finals in particular which I quoted, we're eighth right now.

(By the way, you've got rocks in your head if you think I'm happy that we're struggling, or that I'd prefer not to make the eight).

Chris Connolly is a great Man to have in our club. He does bleed Red & Blue, but he is not the Coach we need right now.

If Bailey is to be replaced we need a seasoned hard coach from outside, who has the ability to choose his own assistants.

In case you missed it, my point is that for all the 'THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING' talk in general on Demonland since Thursday, and the specific suggestion that DB will never take a side to finals in particular which I quoted, we're eighth right now.

(By the way, you've got rocks in your head if you think I'm happy that we're struggling, or that I'd prefer not to make the eight).

Rogue sorry for the sarcasm but it is May 2nd

the finals are decided at the end of August.

Hope you are right and if we make it post this reply for all to see

I will of course say how clever you are.

Until then OD

I repeat as elsewhere.. Id love to see a Viney Laidley combo.

Would you consider a Viney/ Lyon combo.

Rogue sorry for the sarcasm but it is May 2nd

the finals are decided at the end of August.

Hope you are right and if we make it post this reply for all to see

I will of course say how clever you are.

Until then OD

You 'hope I'm right' about what? It seems you're still missing the point, as you seem to be implying that I made some assertion that I didn't make.

In case it needs to be made bleedingly obvious, I never argued that being eighth now means we will be eighth at the end of the season, so if that's the implication you're making then I suggest you read my posts more clearly (if you care about accurately representing them, that is - if not, continue as you are).

(For the record, I'm [still] not suggesting we are likely to make finals).

Chris Connolly is a great Man to have in our club. He does bleed Red & Blue, but he is not the Coach we need right now.

If Bailey is to be replaced we need a seasoned hard coach from outside, who has the ability to choose his own assistants.

I agree- but it is Chris that has to stand up now as GM of football- he has to either unite or axe.But he has also got to stand up and say something soon IMO.

Well, don't pat yourself on the back

Wow. He made the finals. Once. Spiffing.

Not that I want him to coach Melbourne, but he got them to the finals in '03 and (of course) '06 where they beat that team we all hear so much about.

I agree- but it is Chris that has to stand up now as GM of football- he has to either unite or axe.But he has also got to stand up and say something soon IMO.

Sure Chris has an important role to play at the MFC right now, Very important, but it is not coaching as the thread title implied.

Would you consider a Viney/ Lyon combo.

c

Viney as an assistant, coaching as he did at Hawks no probs. Forget about G. Lyon. He aint comin. Makin too much ezy foldin stuff elsewhere me thinks B)

Whats Bob Skilton upto nowadays? Not much I assume. He was a champion player you dont win three brownlow medals if you dont know anything about coaching the game. Bring him back in for a second crack I say...

Whats Bob Skilton upto nowadays? Not much I assume. He was a champion player you dont win three brownlow medals if you dont know anything about coaching the game. Bring him back in for a second crack I say...

Funniest voice ever