• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Caroline Wilson writes on alleged "tension" at the MFC

M_9

I don't place great importance on what the Gossip Girls and Boys of the Media write these days. Journalism in 2011 is tabloid, personality based and controversy focussed. The journalists are multi platform celebrities read in the newspapers and online and on twitter, heard on the radio and watched and heard on the TV. Media Brands in their own right with a voracius appetite for content to fill the space and the time of their multiple content hungry platforms. Incestously they feed on the stories of their fellow journalists to generate their own content elevating cliched hack tracts almost to the status of revealed truth.

Edited by demoniac

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really believe that the coach or admin wanted to win, or that the coach actually coached to win ?

If so I'm astonished, because you seem reasonably intelligent.

No, I don't believe that the Coach or Administration wanted to win but clearly the players did as players always do. I am just sick of "tanking" talk when every Coach and Administration has done the same in the past to get the best draft picks. The Pies won a flag with their early picks like Thomas and Pendlebury and no one seems to bring up their "tanking" at every opportunity. I think most Pies fans are happy with the result as are Blues fans with Murphy, Kreuzer, Gibbs etc.

Also the Tigers game gets brought up all the time, yet we were [censored] all year and we were leading at the final siren,what more could be expected. People and especially the media need to get over it or lobby the AFL to change the system.

I am just fed up with all the talk about it.

Lastly thanks for the compliment of me being reasonably intelligent, though some people have suggested I am even more than reasonably intelligent and in fact just plain intelligent, but I accept your grading of me based solely on Demonland posting.

I don't place great importance on what the Gossip Girls and Boys of the Media write these days. Journalism in 2011 is tabloid, personality based and controversy focussed. The journalists are multi platform celebrities read in the newspapers and online and on twitter, heard on the radio and watched and heard on the TV. Media Brands in their own right with a voracius appetite for content to fill the space and the time of their multiple content hungry platforms. Incestously they feed on the stories of their fellow journalists to generate their own content elevating cliched hack tracts almost to the status of revealed truth.

Well said.

Lastly thanks for the compliment of me being reasonably intelligent, though some people have suggested I am even more than reasonably intelligent

I'm a harsh marker.

Sweeping generalisation, and entirely subjective. For me, his media conferences are smart, and the more I see of him, the more I like him. As for not being inspiring ... all the reports I've read of people who've spoken to him are to the contrary of that. But heh, you (and others) have it in for him because a bunch of kids aren't playing like Collingwood every week.

(Though by the way, Collingwood got belted for a quarter by a bottom-4 team last week ... sack Malthouse??).

The bye couldn't have come at a worst time. Another week of this mindless conjecture and, as someone put it earlier, masturbation (though it's closer to self-flagellation and masochism). Which is only going to get worse once we lose against WC (side on the up, playing at home, and with more than a couple of useful players).

Two points from your argument.

1. Collingwood haven't looked like losing a game and are the current Premiers !! (Terrible statement you made ,Sack Malthouse)

2. Exactly what I have said before, West Coast behind us last year... Passing us this year ???? Hope not !!. Side on the Up ?? Aren't we ??

You already have us losing against WCE.. That unfortunately is the culture of most people on this site ... Sad !!

Edited by plg31ni

Two points from your argument.

(Terrible statement you made ,Sack Malthouse)

You already have us losing against WCE.. That unfortunately is the culture of most people on this site ... Sad !!

Not very good at reading sarcasm? It is patently obvious that the "sack Malthouse" comment was a not so subtle dig at all of the sack Bailey proponents on here.

And I see nothing wrong with his WC win comment, as based on current form, they are well ahead of us and would beat us unless our players cn dig deep and play a full 4 quarters with some intensity. I hope we win, but this is a game I have already stated will be a defining moment for our finals chances this year.

Not very good at reading sarcasm? It is patently obvious that the "sack Malthouse" comment was a not so subtle dig at all of the sack Bailey proponents on here.

And I see nothing wrong with his WC win comment, as based on current form, they are well ahead of us and would beat us unless our players cn dig deep and play a full 4 quarters with some intensity. I hope we win, but this is a game I have already stated will be a defining moment for our finals chances this year.

I totally assure you that the response to "sack Malthouse" was in no way intended to be sarcastic. It was never intended to relate to the sack Dean Bailey proponents.. I was merely pointing out what I considered a rather silly attempt at trying to ridicule my post...Can you please read what I am actually saying and not what you want to think I am saying... Read again and look at it the way it was intended..So the WCE game is a defining moment for our finals chances this year ?? I certainly hope not. If our players really want badly enough, they will dig deep and play 4 quarters of intense footy because they have the team to do so.It's a matter of breaking the pain barrier sometimes.. If they lose and have played their insides out for 4 quarters then great !! Cannot ask anymore.. Can we ??

To say it will be a defining moment in our finals chances is indeed a disappointing assessment.There are 17 matches to be played after that and I would like to think we can win at least nine of those wouldn't you ? That should put us about 6th.. with 50 points... I think maybe 46 points would make the eight ? (pure speculation of course)let's just go for the old cliche.. one game at a time...

If Tom Scully is super-straight, driven and fiercely-anti boozy club cultures, the question for me is "where would he prefer to go to in the AFL?"

Last time I checked, AFL clubs existed on planet earth where 20-somethings enjoy the company of their team mates out of hours in legal pass times.

Have no doubt, if he leaves its for the cash. Simple as that. To say its related to a cultural issue is to give it substantially more credence than is warranted.

FWIW I think he will stay, the coach will go, and that we are roughly on the intended track.

If we're on the intended track then I highly doubt the coach will go.

I really like Dean. Although TBH I am struggling to understand the game plan (do the players understand it?). For now, Dean is doing the required heavy lifting.

And The Stynes-led board is loyal. So he should get an extension next year but....

if it comes down to a good process or a good result, then I am barracking for the pragmatists who care more for the result.

In baseball, a hugely professional sport, they have starting pitchers and finishers. Bailey has played a solid game and set it up well.

But its a question of timing. When do we call for the finisher?

I really like Dean. Although TBH I am struggling to understand the game plan (do the players understand it?). For now, Dean is doing the required heavy lifting.

And The Stynes-led board is loyal. So he should get an extension next year but....

if it comes down to a good process or a good result, then I am barracking for the pragmatists who care more for the result.

In baseball, a hugely professional sport, they have starting pitchers and finishers. Bailey has played a solid game and set it up well.

The next 2 games will tell a lot i believe, WC over there followed by the Crows at the 'G, win those and the self doubt may leave this young side.

There is a huge blanket over about 14 sides at the moment. we can have a great year if the mental attitude is right.

Thats the trouble between lateral thinkers, and those who like to talk in riddles. The lateral thinker doesn't know which thought the riddler meant.

It's hard to believe a person who won't talk absolute. It's as good as the speculator, who say's believe this.

Well Put together Lateral Thinker

I totally assure you that the response to "sack Malthouse" was in no way intended to be sarcastic.

Ok, so it was a sarcastic remark directed at you following the rather odd commentary regarding Bailey based on his press conference appearances. And as you are one of the "sack Bailey" proponents, then it would be fair to extrapolate and say it is a dig at others of a like mind to yourself.

So the WCE game is a defining moment for our finals chances this year ?? I certainly hope not. If our players really want badly enough, they will dig deep and play 4 quarters of intense footy because they have the team to do so.It's a matter of breaking the pain barrier sometimes.. If they lose and have played their insides out for 4 quarters then great !! Cannot ask anymore.. Can we ??

To say it will be a defining moment in our finals chances is indeed a disappointing assessment.There are 17 matches to be played after that and I would like to think we can win at least nine of those wouldn't you ? That should put us about 6th.. with 50 points... I think maybe 46 points would make the eight ? (pure speculation of course)let's just go for the old cliche.. one game at a time...

Now I would suggest you attempt to understand (as opposed to read) what I say. The defining moment comment refers to the fact that if we can get up for that game and achieve a victory, then it should set us on the course for many more victories. As you surely must realise, footy is a game of confidence and momentum... hence this could well be a pivotal game.

And I suggest that if you want me to read what you are saying rather than think what you might be saying, perhaps you could be a little more concise and lose a lot of the waffle (a term bandied about by many an English teacher) from your posts; it would make them far easier to read and understand... seriously.

I'm not sure that the Baseball analogy really fits...

But Collingwood and Geelong didn't move for their Jon Papelbon, they stuck with their Roy Halladay and he threw some decent pitches down the stretch and into the last, and they....

You get the point...

We will see how the season progresses and the club will make this big decision as best they can.

Ok, so it was a sarcastic remark directed at you following the rather odd commentary regarding Bailey based on his press conference appearances. And as you are one of the "sack Bailey" proponents, then it would be fair to extrapolate and say it is a dig at others of a like mind to yourself.

Now I would suggest you attempt to understand (as opposed to read) what I say. The defining moment comment refers to the fact that if we can get up for that game and achieve a victory, then it should set us on the course for many more victories. As you surely must realise, footy is a game of confidence and momentum... hence this could well be a pivotal game.

And I suggest that if you want me to read what you are saying rather than think what you might be saying, perhaps you could be a little more concise and lose a lot of the waffle (a term bandied about by many an English teacher) from your posts; it would make them far easier to read and understand... seriously.

The feeling is quite mutual. Understand what I say and not "read" to use your words. the way you address me is what I would define as condescending, with all due respect. I am not a child and I had, at last testing, an I.Q. of 145 and don't need your "school teacher" approach (more waffle ?) Now you have explained in more detail what you actually meant by your defining moment,(been more concise) I see what you were trying to say. but I will stick with my "waffle". You may call it waffle,some others may and some may not. BY the way I was awarded a 91 % mark in English Level 3 at Matriculation College, which at that point in time was the second highest mark at Hobart Technical College. A long while ago admittedly, but nevertheless a high achievement..

Edited by plg31ni

The feeling is quite mutual. Understand what I say and not "read" to use your words. the way you address me is what I would define as condescending, with all due respect. I am not a child and I had, at last testing, an I.Q. of 145 and don't need your "school teacher" approach. Now you have explained in more detail what you actually meant by your defining moment,(been more concise) I see what you were trying to say. but I will stick with my "waffle". You may call it waffle, others may not. BY the way I was awarded a 91 % mark in English Level 3 at Matriculation College, which at that point in time was the second highest mark at Hobart Technical College. A long while ago admittedly, but nevertheless a high achievement, considering in those days there were no computers and all spelling mistakes were deducted from marks.I consider myself to be no less intelligent as you obviously consider yourself (by your comments) to be...no offense intended ..

And earlier you stated that you didnt think you were being too sensitive. Jeepers creepers. You dont have anything to prove. Its a footy forum, enjoy your footy here.

I, personally, appreciate your passion to the Dees. But really, if a poster doesnt agree with you, or replies in a way you feel is condescending, get over it and move on. Writing a reply like this would not help your cause, whatever that may be.

While we are on the subject...

I was in the top 5 percent in the country for maths in year 5...

So, yeah, impressive.

Good job rpfc. I am proud of you.

While we are grandstanding, I was in the top 1% of the world for finger painting in kindergarten.

While we are on the subject...

I was in the top 5 percent in the country for maths in year 5...

So, yeah, impressive.

what can I say? I only got a 143 in an IQ test 45 years ago. Don't think I cheated either, but can't remember.

agree, impressive

Hate to one-up you all, but I got a 160 on the Australia's National IQ Test last year hosted by none other than Eddie Everywhere.

You really are a funny mob when you want to be. I really know how to start something don't I ?? The Rookie from Tassie...give me hell boys.. I can take it.. !! 160.. very impressive.. Go to the top of the class..!!!