How about a positive thread this year?

Footynut

Guest Guy Rigoni

Stefan Martin is quick becoming our everywhere man. Crazy, as though last year and even in the pre-season he couldn't hold an overhead mark to save his life. His touch on the ball is fantastic for a bloke that big.

Stefan Martin is quick becoming our everywhere man. Crazy, as though last year and even in the pre-season he couldn't hold an overhead mark to save his life. His touch on the ball is fantastic for a bloke that big.

GR spot on, He is the big positive in 2011 for me.

Gysberts we know can play, Tapscott looked the goods but could not get on the park.

But Stef is braining them as far as I can see.

After three games he is "the" Positive for me.

Fans have more than enough justification to be "negative" considering they are paying and giving their time up to watch the games. Also, this is a message board and an online community, and people can be as negative/positive as they like. It's fine either way, and no one should tell someone else otherwise.

Here is a big positive for all you negative cry babies.... WE ARE STILL STANDING.

FFS 4 years ago we looked to be dead as a club. That we are still here, playing, developing, progressing, surviving... that is the biggest positive of them all and everyone needs to remember that every time they feel like having a whinge about things.

We are thriving as a club, and to me that is the only thing that matters at this point in time.

Fans have more than enough justification to be "negative" considering they are paying and giving their time up to watch the games. Also, this is a message board and an online community, and people can be as negative/positive as they like. It's fine either way, and no one should tell someone else otherwise.

Exactly so that's why fans have every right to set up a topic people can post positive things given the choice...

A lot of other threads turn negative...as u point out it's your choice...im not saying anyone has to come here and say anything except providing a positive forum as a topic...

It's only taken few replies for you to get on and state the obvious rather than keeping to the vibe of thread....well done..

Here is a big positive for all you negative cry babies.... WE ARE STILL STANDING.

FFS 4 years ago we looked to be dead as a club. That we are still here, playing, developing, progressing, surviving... that is the biggest positive of them all and everyone needs to remember that every time they feel like having a whinge about things.

We are thriving as a club, and to me that is the only thing that matters at this point in time.

Great call exactly the point of this thread

Hi all,

I don't know if many of you feel the same as i do....

Just a feeling that there is alot of negativity on this site and that this could be a thread where only real positive things are posted about the club, the team, the coaches etc..

I want to start by saying no matter what I love this club and I'm absolutely over the moon at the membership tally this year! I really want to see us crack that 40k!

In addition can't wait for today's game and I'm hoping that good things about today's game get posted here as acknowledgement...

Not sure if there is an appetite for this but thought why not provide an alternative!

Go Dees!!

I'm with you on the negativity front. I'm also not so keen on the way threads seem so often seem to deinigrate into personal insults. Call me old fashioned but i was brought up to belive in the importance of respect and being polite. I'm keen on footy discussion not cheap point scoring.

A postive from today? Jurrah - worth going along just for him, really smart in the last quarter the way he sheparded the Moloney goal through. Also Gysberts, he's a natural footy player and just a ball magnet. And Wonna showed how valuable his forward pressure will be in the next few years.

Oh and 4 points. As i posted in another thread this was a real danger game and i'm happy to come away with a win

Signing Scully would be a positive.

Everything else is going along fine.

So, no positives?

Gotta say, Stefan Martin's in awesome form. Gys was great too.

I remember when we nearly beat Collingwood in round 2 last year. Nick Maxwell was interviewed after the match and said something like ``good teams find a way to win even when they're playing badly." I think that happened today.

Just imagine who we'll beat if we play four quarters of football some day soon. We still haven't even played two quarters in a game yet. That's a positive and a negative for obvious reasons.

Some Postives so far

Amazing improvemnet in Stef Martin

Tapscott - just a brute

Gysberts - a inspired draft selection - could be the pick of the bunch

Players getting game time and experince

No injuries - Injury free list is the best in many years

Only lost 1 game out of three

Scully to return

Jordie Mac to return

Our Midefield will be feared and the envy of all in the years to come

Slowly building momentum - Team has yet to find true form - All the signs are pointing that we will come home with a wet sail

Edited by Kojak