Troy Davis (thyroid) - ongoing assessment

Jack Fitzpatrick (foot) - 3 weeks

James Frawley (shoulder) - 3-4 weeks

Jordie McKenzie (groin) - 3-4 weeks

Tom McNamara (foot) - 3 weeks 

Cale Morton (finger) - 4 weeks 

Michael Newton (hand) - 1 week

Jack Trengove (ankle) - test

Lynden Dunn (hamstring tightness) is this week's phantom injury.

Campbell, Chip, McKenzzie (!!) and Morton aren't really progressing!!!

Here is the list as per injuryupdate.com.au:

UPDATED 19/03/11

Robbie Campbell - achilles tendonitis - Rnd 5

Troy Davis (medical illness) - medical illness - Rnd 4

Thyroid condition

Jack Fitzpatrick - foot injury - Rnd 2

James Frawley - pectoral tendon tear - Rnd 2

Has had surgery and should return by early April

Jordie McKenzie - groin strain - Rnd 2

Tom McNamara - foot injury - Rnd 2

Cale Morton - hand fracture - Rnd 3

Michael Newton - fractured forearm - Rnd 2

Has had surgery and could miss the early games of the season

Jack Trengove - ankle sprain - Rnd 1

Test

Edited by DeezMan

Injury List

Melbourne

Robert Campbell (Achilles) - 6-8 weeks

Troy Davis (thyroid) - ongoing assessment

Jack Fitzpatrick (foot) - 3 weeks

James Frawley (shoulder) - 3-4 weeks

Jordie McKenzie (groin) - 3-4 weeks

Tom McNamara (foot) - 3 weeks 

Cale Morton (finger) - 4 weeks 

Michael Newton (hand) - 1 week

Jack Trengove (ankle) - test

Lynden Dunn (hamstring tightness) is this week's phantom injury.

We've got a bye in round 4. All these players except Davis and Campbell will be available for round 5.

Considering the irrelevance of Campbell and Davis to our 2011 aspirations, it's pretty good that our longest term injury is only going to be out for 3 matches!

James Frawley this morning on SEN said he is looking to put his hand up this week and hope he gets the go-ahead. If not, next week Round 2. The 3-4 weeks on the list makes me wonder if it's right.

DeezMan's post looks on the money.

Given past years, our injury list coming into the season is not too bad. Although I hate to have anyone injured at any time.

Yep compared to other clubs we are doing ok up to this minute.

When is a list ever injury free. If chip is ready it maybe worth giving him a run, just so he at least gets a feel. A first up game against Buddy and those evil hawks would be tough going.

That said if he is at all a liability to play this week-Just don't.

Premiership teams usually have a fantastic run with no injuries eg Sydney c2005

sure, same as the filth last year. But they would have still managed many a player behind closed doors.

After a long pre season and practice matches we are in pretty good shape (Touch wood)

James Frawley this morning on SEN said he is looking to put his hand up this week and hope he gets the go-ahead. If not, next week Round 2. The 3-4 weeks on the list makes me wonder if it's right.

DeezMan's post looks on the money.

I think Greeny let the cat out of the bag last week when he said that Chip would play second round.

Best to give Scully time to fully recover so the injury does not become more serious than it is.

With these injuries, there's also a bit of a silver lining: there's room in the team for some of the younger guys and untried talent to have a shot at the big time.

Hopefully we'll see the likes of Tapscott, Blease etc come through with impressive showings early on in the season.

We've got a bye in round 4. All these players except Davis and Campbell will be available for round 5.

Considering the irrelevance of Campbell and Davis to our 2011 aspirations, it's pretty good that our longest term injury is only going to be out for 3 matches!

Bye Rd 4 or 5? My program says round 5, Gold Coast Rd 4.

If you add Scully and Trengove to the injured list for this week, we compare pretty poorly to most clubs on the injury front to start the year in terms of numbers missing. Obviously some are worse off than us, but we're definitely on the wrong side of the injury curse once again to start the season. Thankfully there's not much in the long-term category.

Never again will I take any notice of an injury list during the pre season. I am sick to death of reading how well we are travelling with injuries and then come the first round, several top players are unavailable.

I don't have any info on Scully's knee, but they were cautious with him during the 'practice' matches, then played him against Brissy - what is exactly the concern on his knee ? Medial ? What ?

I don't have any info on Scully's knee, but they were cautious with him during the 'practice' matches, then played him against Brissy - what is exactly the concern on his knee ? Medial ? What ?

Stress-related injury on his left patella (knee cap) - 4 weeks out

Jordie out for 6 also :(

BUT.... we are fortunate that, after Round 1, we get Chip back (MAYBE Morton).

Seriously... with all due respect, after Round 2 (Hawks) we have Brissy down here, Gold Coast (Gabba), BYE, West Coast (Patersons) and then Adelaide down here. Thankfully we don't have to play too many top teams at all... until Round 8. Rounds 1 and 2 will be testing... and perhaps West Coast up in Perth.

Edited by DeezMan