Austin Wonaeamirri has a blinder.

Robbie57

A new thread asreported elsewhere "we also have Wonaeamirri whom played a blinder at Casey over the weekend."

This is excellent news can anyone provide a full report?

I will be thrilled if he comes back into the side sooner rather than later.

A new thread asreported elsewhere "we also have Wonaeamirri whom played a blinder at Casey over the weekend."

This is excellent news can anyone provide a full report?

I will be thrilled if he comes back into the side sooner rather than later.

Where?

Posted by Jayceebee31 in the "Newton given another chance" thread:

Posted Yesterday, 09:08 PM

Keyser Söze, on 15 March 2011 - 05:08 PM, said:

Realistically, Evans would have a hard time squeezing into the side when other fringe dwellers in Maric and Nev Jetta have had such great preseasons.

Reply by JayCeeBee31

Agree and we also have Wonaeamirri whom played a blinder at Casey over the weekend.

I would also love the details of this, cos if it's as good as it sounds it's the best news Ive heard all pre-season!

I was at the game. Casey played Sandy In a practice match on Sat and yes Aussie was a standout. His tackling and pressure was great and he managed to snag 4 goals. Apart from that there wasnt many standouts as Casey got flogged. Other players to play were Cook, Blease, Mcdonald and Spencer, none of them did much.

I was at the game. Casey played Sandy In a practice match on Sat and yes Aussie was a standout. His tackling and pressure was great and he managed to snag 4 goals. Apart from that there wasnt many standouts as Casey got flogged. Other players to play were Cook, Blease, Mcdonald and Spencer, none of them did much.

Considering his pre-season and our glaring need for forward pressure I'm wrapped with this news.

Thanks JRiv.

This is excellent news. We need forward pressure and I feel he might be the x factor we need.

Put Maric in the mix and we might just have some thing a bit more varied and interesting.

I was also at the game, Aussie was quiet in the first half, but scraped off the rust in the second and looked to be getting back to where he should be.

Blease had some nice touches, practice game and was thinking too far ahead for some of his teammates

Howe showed again some nice touches, combining with Aussie with him attempting to pack mark and Aussie crumbing

Cook couple of nice pieces of play

McDonald, my early call will be alongside Frawley in a year or two, couple of errors but also a couple of good things

Spencer was Spencer

Gawn, starting to get some good game time in

Johnston, bit of grunt in the middle and a couple of howitzer kicks

Cheers J-Riv. Hopefully this is the start of a blinder from Wonna. Jurrah, Wonna and Maric in the forward line will be good provided they see enough ball.

Cheers J-Riv. Hopefully this is the start of a blinder from Wonna. Jurrah, Wonna and Maric in the forward line will be good provided they see enough ball.

Aussie did ok after a quiet first half, it was the VFL, just starting to look good again, I wouldn't say standout...

Wonaeamirri is comfortably in our best 22

I wouldn't say comfortably, he has competition in Maric who has has a good pre-season to date. It's good that there is competition for spots too. Jetta is probably another.

There's no guarantees.

Aussie did ok after a quiet first half, it was the VFL, just starting to look good again, I wouldn't say standout...

WELL I DO- HE WALLOPED THEM.

I wouldn't say comfortably, he has competition in Maric who has has a good pre-season to date. It's good that there is competition for spots too. Jetta is probably another.

my thoughts exactly, although i would have said maric had a very good pre season haha

There's no guarantees.

I saw Aussie about a month ago at the Future Fund function and had a chat with him. He easily looked the best I've seen him in the last three years - very toned and seems to have lost that chubbiness / baby fat that I've seen in previous years. Once his training load is back where the FD want and he's back in the red and blue he's in for a massive year imvho.

There's no guarantees.

Agree. Its a hole for MFC and we have three fringe players fighting for a spot and their careers.

while where on the topic of aussie; I happened to bump into dean rioli the other day and he reckons aussie is on of the best back pocketers he has ever seen.

while where on the topic of aussie; I happened to bump into dean rioli the other day and he reckons aussie is on of the best back pocketers he has ever seen.

Yeah, I've wondered about Aussie in the BP. He is a great kick. He could get isolated in a marking contest but that didn't seem to worry David Wirrpunda.

McDonald, my early call will be alongside Frawley in a year or two, couple of errors but also a couple of good things

Gawn, starting to get some good game time in

McDonald was drafted as a forward/ruckman, so will be interesting to see how far they develop him as a backman, or whether its being done to get him used

to expectations at this level before swinging him back forward. I was very pleasantly surprised with his level of comfortableness at the Brisbane game.

And its great to hear Gawn coming along, albeit slowly. Lets hope he can get 15-18 games at Casey under his belt this year unscathed.

Compared to any other Casey player on the day he was a standout...

Firstly thanks for seconding my thoughts on Wona's game. Also Aussie came to us as a back pocket. He played with Norwood seconds in the back pocket. This was the role he got drafted.