Our new non pink jumpers

Alf Stewart

the first time I can remember in a really long time our red looking really really good. Have always been jealous of the red on the bombers jumpers, the swans jumpers and even the crows - wondering why we could never get it right. Looked fantastic tonight. Bombers red looked horrible for a change - theirs looked almost orange to me.

Edited by jako13

They looked shite IMO. Watching the game at the ground the red looked closer to burgundy or maroon. Dunno who is to blame but the socks were also too dark. I never recall seeing a mfc side ever play in that type of red before. Massive balls up, sort it out MFC / new balance. multi million dollar company/business & can't even sort a colour out.

Hahahahaha this is what I've been talking about every time this topic comes up...

People don't even know what they want, and they often have conflicting views.

The club has said they are aiming for a darker red.

That's what it looked like to me.

There is a big difference between darker and brighter, or more intense.

Hahahahaha this is what I've been talking about every time this topic comes up...

Since when did Melbourne play in a red close to maroon? Fair enuf make the red a blood red, but the current red is nowhere near it. Why don't the club just show new balance a jumper from 1964 & colour match it. It really isn't that hard!! Pretty amateurish really...

Blood is close to a maroon colour you twit

Lmao personal insults aside, bad time of month maybe for you? Traditionally the red is nowhere near the current colour on the jumper. All they had to do was reduce the amount of yellow from last years to make it darker/less orange. The current colour looks more like the old fitzroy maroon, which is not blood red.

I will answer your original post & leave it at that.

Cam Schwab has stated that he wants to match the jumper to the old woollen jumpers. Said that it was about brand & bringing back the traditional colours ie. darker almost black blue & a darker red, less orange or pink than what we have had over the years. I have seen the jumper he is talking about using as a template with my own eyes & the current red is nowhere near it.

Now the red is darker your correct, but it is not the colour of a traditional Melbourne jumper.

Before you go hurling insults & telling people they don't know what they're talking about, maybe you should get all your facts right & learn what the purpose in changing the red is all about. That purpose was to bring back the old red, if the current red stays it's not the traditional red. Whether you think darker, lighter or more intense is irrelevant.

Wouldn't these jumpers be part of the dodgy batch that had our clash strip as pinkish?

It was stated on here by the club that the correct coloured playing strip wont be ready till round one....

Btw, was happy to see that the MFC wore our home strip as it was our home game... No longer being pushed aside... Although why were we wearing white shorts if it was our home game?

Edited by No16

Btw, was happy to see that the MFC wore our home strip as it was our home game... No longer being pushed aside... Although why were we wearing white shorts if it was our home game?

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised to see our guys run out in our main jumper. I say surprised, because I really expected the AFL to insist we wear our clash jumper, given it was Essendon we were playing. But, if we were considered to be the "home side", why did we have to wear the white shorts? (I could even go one further, and ask why we didn't see Essendon run out in their new, predominantly white, clash jumper. But, we all know the answer to that one...! LOL)

By the way, had a laugh with my daughter when Cale Morton was being interviewed. On our telly, his Melb shirt looked positively pink! (Even though at other times I've seen that shirt, and it's definitely red!)

People need to go down to Haynes paints and look for the colour they would like to see us play in.

I think there would be quite a few different 'hues.'

And our red last night made Essendon's look like positively flourescent.

And that made me smile.

Best jumper by far. For anyone that is not aware it is only our clash strip that have colour problems. The home strip that we sore last night is what we will be wearing for round 1.

No, that's not right. See the thread and OP created by DemonHQ in the Pink Jumpers Thread.

Hi All,

Given there has been lots of discussion about the colour of the guernseys we wore in Friday night's NAB Cup game, we thought it was best to clarify the situation.

• The jumpers we played in on Friday night are not the correct colour. They have been produced in error and will be fixed.

• The intention of the new jumper was to get the red to a deeper, blood like, red.

• We have experienced a number of teething problems with our new apparel partner New Balance which have been very frustrating but we are continuing to work through the issues because we believe the range, when it is produced correctly, is outstanding and that New Balance will be a great partner in the long term.

• The original jumpers that the Club received prior to Christmas, for retail, had some colour imperfections in the emblem and the stars but were the correct red. New Balance recalled these jumpers on our request, to fix the stars and the emblem. New Balance then tried to reproduce the jumpers correctly in time for the intra club and Nab Cup games. Whilst they did fix the emblem and star imperfections, the new delivery were now an incorrect red and looked very pink.

• New Balance are now remaking the jumpers for the third time, in time for Round 1, in the correct red.

• The playing jumpers have sublimated numbers, GPS pockets and are a slightly different cut and fabric to retail jumpers so we can't wear the original retail jumpers (which are the correct red) on the field.

• Due to the delivery times (the jumpers are made in China and have been further delayed by Chinese New Year) we will be wearing the jumpers with the incorrect red for the remainder of the Nab Cup matches. The red is incorrect on both the home and clash jumpers but arguably more noticeable on the clash.The Club is acutely aware of the significance and importance of the Jumper to our game. We are bitterly disappointed to have to wear these jumpers for NAB Cup and that we are doing all we can to rectify the situation for Round 1.

Couldn't care if we had a fluro pink jersey with a dancing flamingo on it. As long as we win premierships I couldn't care less what shade the freaking jumper is.

Just be thankful you aren't a Hawks fan, their jumper looks like the inside train station toilet bowl.

Maroon.

Still no good.

Whats wrong with maroon anyway. A lot of us old Fitzroy people up in the red( oops!!)legs appreciate it more than most. We're going for the song next, how's this sound ?

' We are the boys from Melbourne town we wear the colours...wait for it..blood red and blue '.