• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Nathan Jones' Website

Big Kev

i was talking about the demonland poster and his right to post here and go personally slagging off our players with such little reason to do so. Shouldn't be tolerated, this is a public place.

c'mon george orwell, lighten up ...

seriously though, what's Nathan supposed to call his own website - www.selflessdemonplayer.com ??

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was talking about the demonland poster and his right to post here and go personally slagging off our players with such little reason to do so. Shouldn't be tolerated, this is a public place.

Ha.

What?

Oh you're serious...

Ha.

Are you ok curry? Poped your lid yet?

When I have more time I will respond to some posts re: my criticism.

It's not the URL but the website itself. Was really just a passing comment, but thanks to curry and E25 has turned into a classic demonland, meaningless off season argument. So thanks for keeping entertained, on what is otherwise a boring cricket season.

Yeah, but the criticism wouldn't be because it was Dayne's website; it'd be because Dayne Beams is a scumbag.

I think you mean a filthbag

If an Essenscum player had a web site it would be because he was a scumbag

Come to think of it Dayne Beams would be incapable of creating a web site let alone be capable of any articulate scribblings

haha. I dont see how my lack of actual AFL experience has any baring on my opinion of a website? Do you?

Maybe I need to take another good look at myself?

Or maybe just your spelling :)

Please. No nudity on this site.

Seriously if you don't think this is lame you just need to take a step back for a second. There is no doubting it is good in some ways to promote himself, but it also cheapens his image as well. Still a legend and I love him.

I don't mind his site at all. Rather than gratuitous self-promotion, he is giving us his own take on events such as the China Tour, the trip north to farewell Wona's father, his Movember contribution and why it is a good cause to get behind... etc etc. One thing I particularly is the fact that he is obviously not using a ghost writer and that he has taken the time himself to produce the material on the site; in other words, it isn't just some club produced marketing effort.

Obviously his bio has been written for him (unless he likes to refer to himself in the 3rd person), but that is no big deal. We appreciate the efforts of our players on the field and some may even "worship" certain players... but I like the fact that in this case we can see and learn a bit more about the person behind the player.

Oh come on 45, how many games of AFL have you ever played..???

You need to take a long ahrd look at yourself, etc etc.

yeah you do

one of your players write a piece about another player's late father and you get on here to express, essentially, how little you think of the author.I would love to see you say it to Jones himself or anyone down at the club but you wouldn't, it's safer from your keyboard

and no 45 if it was Dayne Beams website i would still have enough class to keep my nasty thoughts to myself

yeah you do

one of your players write a piece about another player's late father and you get on here to express, essentially, how little you think of the author.I would love to see you say it to Jones himself or anyone down at the club but you wouldn't, it's safer from your keyboard

and no 45 if it was Dayne Beams website i would still have enough class to keep my nasty thoughts to myself

Not convincing me.

RK mentioned he liked the piece before saying the site was a bit self-involved.

It is a good piece, and it is self involved.

Hardly nasty thoughts...

It's that time of year again...

For those having a go at Jones, and you are entitled to of course, have you considered that the club have asked him to make the website?

The club has made an obvious push into every media outlet, and Jones was one of the first to use Twitter, and did a good job at it.

What's he supposed to call it, www.melbournefc.com.au/asdocumentedbyoneofitsplayers ? Bit long.

Anyway... the Tiwi article was a great read, too bad this thread overshadows that. Curry & Beer, well done making this thread as ridiculous as the ones you hate on 'ology.

For those having a go at Jones, and you are entitled to of course, have you considered that the club have asked him to make the website?

The club has made an obvious push into every media outlet, and Jones was one of the first to use Twitter, and did a good job at it.

What's he supposed to call it, www.melbournefc.com.au/asdocumentedbyoneofitsplayers ? Bit long.

Anyway... the Tiwi article was a great read, too bad this thread overshadows that. Curry & Beer, well done making this thread as ridiculous as the ones you hate on 'ology.

pft, how have i done that, by sticking up for Jones? Your post seems to indicate you agree with me so what the hell are you on about? The site shouldn't be used to personally bag our own boys and their efforts (as you acknowledge) to engage with the public through the media. That's the exact opposite of support, full stop. I'm sure the club would agree. You say 'too bad this thread overshadows that' which is exactly the thought that popped into my head when i read the baggings and thats why i spoke up. Could you contradict yourself any harder?

Not convincing me.

RK mentioned he liked the piece before saying the site was a bit self-involved.

It is a good piece, and it is self involved.

Hardly nasty thoughts...

It's that time of year again...

no not nasty at all, not if you barrack for Essendon, his thoughts were quite complimentary. Shame we barrack for Melbourne

pft, how have i done that, by sticking up for Jones? Your post seems to indicate you agree with me so what the hell are you on about? The site shouldn't be used to personally bag our own boys and their efforts (as you acknowledge) to engage with the public through the media. That's the exact opposite of support, full stop. I'm sure the club would agree. You say 'too bad this thread overshadows that' which is exactly the thought that popped into my head when i read the baggings and thats why i spoke up. Could you contradict yourself any harder?

You've contributed to one of the stupidest threads on Demonland in recent times, with an extreme view opposing the other extreme view you disagree with.

I mean don't let people post who have negative things to say? I know we're trying to push in to China, but geezus...

Didn't contradict myself at all. I think having a go at Jones over a website is stupid, I think your way of policing such opinions are equally stupid.

You've contributed to one of the stupidest threads on Demonland in recent times, with an extreme view opposing the other extreme view you disagree with.

I mean don't let people post who have negative things to say? I know we're trying to push in to China, but geezus...

Didn't contradict myself at all. I think having a go at Jones over a website is stupid, I think your way of policing such opinions are equally stupid.

I'm with DA.

I was having a go at people who were having a go at RK who think he shouldn't have had a go at Nathan Jones.

He's got a freakin website for christs sake...

He can be criticised.

What else do we do in this forum other than critique matters related to the Demons?

Wow, 2 pages. Has to be the off season.

Lets clear a few things up for Curry and let this thing rest.

Firstly, I wasnt having a go at the URL, i think Nathan2Jones makes complete sense. It serves its purpose nicely. I was simply making comment, that Nathan Jones has his own website.

When I think of players having a webpage, I would have thought of franchise players, I dont know your Judd, Ablett, Brown, Pavlich, Cousins, Riewoldt's of the game. And Nathan, in all his ability, spirit, heart, bleeding red and blue for the club, and any other football references anyone wants to use, doesnt jump out at me.

As my OP explains, Iam not critical of the content in said website. Obviously he has a close relationship with Wona and I appreciate that he took some time out to share his experience, but again, its the website itself. So Curry before you go running your mouth off accusing me of being a 'keyboard hero', I suggest you read my post a little more thorough, and do your best to comprehend my comments. "I would love to see you go up to Jones himself..." What are you 12?

To suggest that i am slagging off any players? I would like you to point out exactly where I have done that, and I'll write them an apology, but to be honest, I have wasted more than enough time ( as entertaining as it has been watching you implode ).

So next time Curry, if its a fight that you are really looking for, then go down to your local and start talking your mouth off like you have done today, and iam sure you will find a few takers.

Or perhaps its you, who is the keyboard hero?

HaHaHaHa! That's the best piece of Garbage i have seen on TV in years, Well done 45.

Can you believe Tax Payer money is funding her madness to come down to Australia, we are all in the wrong jobs Guys!! What a scam

But the honor to be buried with Oprah....forever....is there room for how many dead people???? B)

I was simply making comment, that Nathan Jones has his own website.

To suggest that i am slagging off any players? I would like you to point out exactly where I have done that, and I'll write them an apology, but to be honest, I have wasted more than enough time ( as entertaining as it has been watching you implode ).

did you think you were going to get away with that post?

But Nathan2jones.com????????? What a self serving piece of..

I mean really?

you then went on to imply that everything would be fine if he was as good as your mate Hird

can't even stand by your own garbage, what a shame for you i can simply go back and quote exactly what you said in case we all forgot. Now write that apology.

Edited by Curry & Beer