New jumper explained By the man Neitz...

darkhorse72

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good little video.

I reckon half of what was said was to shut you up WYL!

Note: Schwab mentioned we will request to wear blue shorts with the clash strip, but that we will be required to wear white from time to time.

Good little video.

I reckon half of what was said was to shut you up WYL!

Note: Schwab mentioned we will request to wear blue shorts with the clash strip, but that we will be required to wear white from time to time.

Easy 25!!! If you listen carefully Schwabby is not a big fan either, but his hand is forced.

I will say this though. The club has made the best out of a situation in terms of the away strip. I will never be entirely happy with white in our strip, regardless of the reasons for it. But the club is to be commended for this outcome

Maybe a few other clubs will take note, and tone down all those shocking jumpers our opposition wear as a Clash strip.

Hoping it counts as a collared shirt for the MCC dress code :P

Me too...I don't like the collar though, the old one was fine. The other new concepts are fantastic though

Loving the direction the club has taken.

Whether you like the new jumpers, or the new emblem, or whatever topic... the club is explaining the reasoning behind everything we're doing.

Feels good to be a part of a club that going places on and off the field.

I like both of the jumpers, wasn't sure about the mini Chinese flag on the back, but it'll be a new tradition, and it'll grow on me as more stars are added.

Clash jumper looks like a good clash jumper, can't complain.

Great job to all involved.

Well said. Communication to members is vital and the club have been delivering that in spades.

I like both of the jumpers and seeing the clash jumper on Liam - looks good and for me, still encompasses the clubs jumper with the red yolk. I quite like the navy blue down the sides. Still feels Melbourne.

Well done.

Well said. Communication to members is vital and the club have been delivering that in spades.

Have they ever! From Rags to Richs

The MFC website is resembling a newspaper site. Its not just the written word, they are making a big effort with the videos, some very professional (having an media guru on the board obviously helps).

So much good stuff has happened this year. The club is well and truly transformed

would loooove the red cuffs back!!!! all in all very very happy with the jumpers, the stars tho are my only concern, i think we should of waited till we won a flag too put that on!!!

That would look like bragging.

Doing it now shows we're striving for success and proud of the past. Which sums up the feel of the club right now.

Guest Thomo

That would look like bragging.

Doing it now shows we're striving for success and proud of the past. Which sums up the feel of the club right now.

Also means that a lot of fans will need to update their jumpers when we win a flag. Smart marketing idea, it will result in huge revenue for the club.

Absolutely brilliant.

The first away strip that doesn't make me want to projectile vomit, and which successfully keeps the integrity of our actual jumper.

Fantastic amount of detail, but still very simplistic and powerful. Great to see we finally managed to get the colours right as well. Must have to do with the increased absorbency of the new fabrics that NB are using.

Good stuff. I love this club even more now! :wub:

the stars tho are my only concern, i think we should of waited till we won a flag too put that on!!!

No, this is the Perfect Time to start the Stars on the Back, We are right now a New Club, with a very old & proud Tradition. Stuff what all the other clubs want to do. We are Melbourne, Home of the MCG.

would loooove the red cuffs back!!!! all in all very very happy with the jumpers, the stars tho are my only concern, i think we should of waited till we won a flag too put that on!!!

Nah , love the stars .

Heaps of dicks out there need reminding that we have a history of success .

Had a Swans supporter ask scornfully today "Whats with the fricken stars ?"

"Means 12 flags to your piddly 4." I replied .

Shut him straight up .

Nah , love the stars .

Heaps of dicks out there need reminding that we have a history of success .

Had a Swans supporter ask scornfully today "Whats with the fricken stars ?"

"Means 12 flags to your piddly 4." I replied .

Shut him straight up .

Well said Fork, they were dead lucky with that 4th one too. If Festival Hall hadn't been let off for that Blatant punch in the Prelim, no way would they have won that GF.

They were lucky, good luck to 'em, but the should be on 3 Flags.

Absolutely brilliant.

The first away strip that doesn't make me want to projectile vomit, and which successfully keeps the integrity of our actual jumper.

The back of the clash strip reminds of the back of the Casey jumper, I doubt it was deliberate but it is a nice connection none the less.

I have a huge problem with the new designs!

I love them both and can't decide which one to buy.

Looks like I'll have to fork out for both.

Well done to all at the club, although a special word of thanks has to go to CS. As others on this site have pointed out previously. For a long time the MFC seemed to stand for nothing, but slowly and surely as we reunite with the MCC and by extension the MCG, cherish and promote our heritage through things like the emblem, build a suburban presence in the fastest growing growth corridor in Melbourne, finally have first class training facilities at AAMI and now the best jumpers (both and away) in the AFL (a special acknowledgment must go to the PA strip) we have a lot to be excited about!

This is all on top of a quality, young list that is going to win a lot of games in the years ahead.

Go Dees - can't wait for the footy to be back!