Ashley Hansen

Range Rover

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind him at Melbourne.

Good insurance for the club should a couple of Jurrah, Petterd, Dunn, Green, Watts etc...go down.

At worst he plays out the season at Casey.

Not really

Most likely he plays out the season at Casey.

At worst he gets (re)injured and doesn't play much

As for insurance, its a bit like saying Juice is insurance for Jurrah

No thanks

Yeah, it's ok, we just drafted 4 talls capable of playing KPF, but I'd rather they get pushed into playing Casey reserves so we can fit the corpse of Ash Hansen into the Casey 1s.

It'll be great for their development.

Interesting that Ash Hansen has been linked to the Demons according to this article.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/cameron-bruce-and-john-anthony-headline-nominations-for-pre-season-draft/story-e6frf9jf-1225963397459

Other players hoping for a another chance at AFL level include delisted West Coast forward Ash Hansen, who had been linked to Melbourne, and also Melbourne forward Brad Miller.

Yeah, it's ok, we just drafted 4 talls capable of playing KPF, but I'd rather they get pushed into playing Casey reserves so we can fit the corpse of Ash Hansen into the Casey 1s.

It'll be great for their development.

Had a good old chuckle at that one E25....

Interesting that Ash Hansen has been linked to the Demons according to this article.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/cameron-bruce-and-john-anthony-headline-nominations-for-pre-season-draft/story-e6frf9jf-1225963397459

Other players hoping for a another chance at AFL level include delisted West Coast forward Ash Hansen, who had been linked to Melbourne, and also Melbourne forward Brad Miller.

C'mon Robbie, there is no link- just a journalist trying to fill space. Absolute crap and he won't be at MFC next year given we have no picks in the PSD and i'm tipping our 6 picks in the rookie draft will be much better spent elsewhere.

comparing him to miller is a stretch, The bloke is a premiership player. You can't take that from him. He is a nice kick of the footy and can take a mark on the lead.

I wouldn't be disappointed if we did pick him up for a touch of experience. Year by year contract for sweet f-all.

I played a year above him as a junior. He never showed much until under 18's

Edited by Friday

The linkage with the MFC is happening far too frequently for my liking.

It's been reported that it was suggested as early as September by WCE that he should retire because of his history of injuries that kept him to around 20 AFL games in three years (2 in 2010). I admire him for wanting to go on but the fact that he won't cost us much because the Eagles will be picking up most of the tab isn't enough for me.

It would go against the grain of our recruiting philosophy of the past three years to take him i.e we don't take players with question marks about their fitness.

An emphatic pass from me.

I don't rate Hansen very highly but can't see any harm in snaring him with a late rookie selection, for the sake of forward-line depth and not being any risk to the club. Am fairly confident the pickings will be very slim when using the later picks in the rookie draft, courtesy of GWS and GC.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 27

VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 31

POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 280

GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884

WARNING by William from Waalitj

As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 22

OVER YET? by KC from Casey

The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

CENTIMETRES by Whispering Jack

Our game is one where the result is often decided by centimetres; the touch of a fingernail, a split-second decision made by a player or official, the angle of vision or the random movement of an oblong ball in flight or in its bounce and trajectory. There is one habit that Melbourne seems to have developed of late in its games against Carlton which is that the Demons keep finding themselves on the wrong end of the stick in terms of the fine line in close games at times when centimetres mak

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

The Demons have a 10 day break before they head on the road to Perth to take on the West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 527

PODCAST: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Sunday, 12th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Blues in the Round 09. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE:

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 30
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!