Jack Anthony

Parma

I don't buy Anthony as a big tall option. Just a medium tall option.

ANTHONY 192cm

Posdiadly - 193cm

Fevola - 191cm

Pavlich - 192cm

Roughead - 193cm

Bradshaw - 190cm

You dont actually have to be 196+cm to be a tall forward. Both the Riewoldt boys have made everybody think that 190-193 is not big enough for a tall forward. It actually is!

Edited by ox_5_demons

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANTHONY 192cm

Posdiadly - 193cm

Fevola - 191cm

Pavlick - 192cm

Roughead - 193cm

Bradshaw - 190cm

You dont actually have to be 196+cm to be a tall forward. Both the Riewoldt boys have made everybody think that 190-193 is not big enough for a tall forward. It actually is!

Though he is big he does not carry the beef of these guys. Here you also have serious talent, brains and some great work ethic though not all in the same body.

Edited by america de cali

Though he is big he does not carry the beef of these guys. Here you also have serious talent, brains and some great work ethic though not all in the same body.

He is also only 22, so he has plenty of time to build up a body like a Pavlich type.

I don't think we will get him because I think Carlton will be all over him. I dont know anything about his attitude like I have said previously so I wont comment on that, but as a player it is one to consider.

He is also only 22, so he has plenty of time to build up a body like a Pavlich type.

I don't think we will get him because I think Carlton will be all over him. I dont know anything about his attitude like I have said previously so I wont comment on that, but as a player it is one to consider.

Yeah agree with that.

Anthony has competed with the gorilla fullbacks of the competition and more than held his own. On our current list, only Dunn has the physical attributes for the role but he's not a pure forward. The lightly framed Jurrah and Petterd are not goalsquare material and until Watts fills out we need to plonk someone down there who can kick 2.5 goals a game.

He's worth a try if we can pick him up reasonably cheaply.

If the only reason people can give for not looking at him is some hearsay story about him fronting up at someone's wedding unannounced then that's no reason at all.

Edited by Range Rover Realism

Anthony could be a decent pick-up, although I wouldn't want him unless we could pick him up via the rookie draft and then promote him.

We've traded for another 3rd rounder, so we should use it and shouldn't have to waste a place on the senior list after losing a veteran/rookie spot as a result of Bruce leaving.

He's not likely to be a Roughy/Fev etc type, but if he can provide a big presence up forward and take some pressure off the rest of the forward line.

As a leading tall forward- definately worth looking at. May even be a geat foil for the likes of Jurrah,Petterd etc.. Just maybe the one. Please note I am very disappointed re Bruce.

A foil?

Maybe, but we are looking to address a specific position arent we?

Back-up ruck/FP - so that we can have a ruck to help Jamar and also not over-burden us with talls to take away from our running game.

Another thing is: where do you put all these similar players.

Petterd Watts Dunn

Wonaeamirri Jurrah Green

Sylvia, Bate, Tapscott

Who does he push out?

Anthony is purely a lead-up forward. He does it quite well.

Not as well as Green though, and he will be there for the rest of his career.

Assuming he doesn't have an aversion to one-year contracts...

Destined to go heave ho to Freo based on comments in this story - Dees looking for replacement for Bruce.

Our PSd pick is AHEAD of freo's

What PSD pick..?

the one we all have should we choose !!

You have x number of positions to fill.. you dont have to use them al lup with Draft picks...you can leave one for the PSD..

why is this even a question huh.gifwacko.gif

Given that Anthony walked out on Collingwood because he wasn't getting opportunites he likely would not want to come to us anyway. He would want guarantees that he will be a starter most games within reason. Who do we drop in our team to make way for him?

Our PSd pick is AHEAD of freo's

Haven't we all learnt from previous drafts. If Anthony is determined to go to Freo, it doesn't matter what position we hold in the PSD, he will go to Freo.

Melb arnt in the business of picking up players against their will.

Luke Ball?

The article doesn't mention whether he is keen to go or not, however, I think I know were he would prefer to go at this stage. I hope Iam wrong. I think he would be a decent pick up.

Where was I advocating picking against will ? Just noting our pick is before Freos . If he was interested were in the box seat of the three clubs being mentioned . Interestingly the Bummers just axes Neagle So possibly they're also interestedand they'd trump us.

You'd think a 50 goaler a handy pickup . Still this wasn't our orig plan. Perhaps were at plan B. We do need someone to release Watts and Jurrah . Anthony youd have to think would force that of an opposition or have a field day with our improving delivery. The combo of these 3 would raise a mighty sweat on the opposing coach !!

Will be interesting to see how such a move perceived by footy world I,e theucky bugger going to the Dees .. ( a desirable destination ) or otherwise .

Whichever way you're buttered Anthony's currency is on the way up .Clever lad.

the one we all have should we choose !!

You have x number of positions to fill.. you dont have to use them al lup with Draft picks...you can leave one for the PSD..

why is this even a question huh.gifwacko.gif

As it stands we have picks 12, 33, 50 & 53.

We'd have to forfeit one of those picks to have a pick in the PSD.

Why on earth would we leave one of our picks to the PSD, instead of using it at 53 in the ND?

I guess, I think it would be lunacy to select a spud like Anthony & I don't even consider it a realistic possibility, so my judgement is tainted.

If we for some inexplicable reason were keen on him & he only nominated for the PSD, then we would save a pick for then.

Won't happen.

A foil?

Maybe, but we are looking to address a specific position arent we?

Back-up ruck/FP - so that we can have a ruck to help Jamar and also not over-burden us with talls to take away from our running game.

Another thing is: where do you put all these similar players.

Petterd Watts Dunn

Wonaeamirri Jurrah Green

Sylvia, Bate, Tapscott

Who does he push out?

Anthony is purely a lead-up forward. He does it quite well.

Not as well as Green though, and he will be there for the rest of his career.

Assuming he doesn't have an aversion to one-year contracts...

However note,the foil has kicked 50 goals in a year. Pretty good foil I think.However, I feel Petterd and Jurrah, both have the ability no doubt of kicking at least that in a season as well. It would allow a very penetrating forward line which opposition coaches would have a nightmare with. We know doubt will recruit at least one more tall to develop as well.

Melbourne will of course talk to Anthony. To not do so would not befit the thoroughness with which the club now functions . It will also consider the fittingness of Thorpe . I will suggest it will simply overlook Neagle. both Thorpe and Anthony have something that could add a dynamic to the attack . Anthony a better pedigree perhaps and more runs on board, also dare I say ita better attitude, but pure supposition on my behalf . Did Jack peak already is the question. Would either represent better value than pick 53 ? And that's quite possibly yes .

Neither represent plan A and that is what might cause the club to baulk and possibly seek a modable kid to be that plan A.

I don't see either MT nor JA as the panacea nor do I see them as spuds.

Is all about the plan and the fit !!

Melbourne will of course talk to Anthony. To not do so would not befit the thoroughness with which the club now functions . It will also consider the fittingness of Thorpe . I will suggest it will simply overlook Neagle. both Thorpe and Anthony have something that could add a dynamic to the attack . Anthony a better pedigree perhaps and more runs on board, also dare I say ita better attitude, but pure supposition on my behalf . Did Jack peak already is the question. Would either represent better value than pick 53 ? And that's quite possibly yes .

Neither represent plan A and that is what might cause the club to baulk and possibly seek a modable kid to be that plan A.

I don't see either MT nor JA as the panacea nor do I see them as spuds.

Is all about the plan and the fit !!

And the timing to allow us to develop another couple of talls.