7 - DemonDave

5 - Dr.Gonzo,  BDA

4 - Clintosaurus,  Macca*,  Dee Zephyr,  Gorgoroth

3 - DeeSpencer*,  Go the Biff,

2 - JV7

1 - titan_uranus

*denotes bonus point awarded

In the final week we play for 3 points but a bonus point is in offer as well

Thus, 10 participants can still win either outright (or share the award)

I'll post up next weeks games asap but the scheduled times aren't programmed yet nor are the lines available

However, it looks a much easier week for the road teams (shudder)

Edited by Macca

Puka Nacau needs 29yrds to break the record for yards received by a rookie. 
Rams have clinched the play off spot, do they rest players or play them? 

Id play him and get him the record.

15 hours ago, BDA said:

Eagles gone. Terrible loss v cardinals. not sure where things stands in the division but i think that leaves cowboys in the box seat.

It sure does

Also, there was a misconception about that the Eagles held the tie-break over Dallas but not so.  The Cowboys now lead the NFC East and they now control their own destiny

The Eagles are now in the wild-card position and are now on the road throughout the playoffs unless Dallas slips up next week at Washington

At this stage the Eagles will be on the road in week 1 of the playoffs against whoever wins the NFC South (and that could be one of Tampa, the Saints or Atlanta)

Meanwhile, the Packers also control their own destiny.  Packers win next week and then it will be Green Bay or the Rams at Big D in the first week of the playoffs depending on whether the Rams win or lose against the 49ers next week (unless Dallas slips up against Washington with the Eagles winning)

Confused?

There's about a dozen other stories & scenarios but that's what divisional football delivers.  It's a great system (in my view)

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Macca said:

It sure does

Also, there was a misconception about that the Eagles held the tie-break over Dallas but not so.  The Cowboys now lead the NFC East and they now control their own destiny

The Eagles are now in the wild-card position and are now on the road throughout the playoffs unless Dallas slips up next week at Washington

At this stage the Eagles will be on the road in week 1 of the playoffs against whoever wins the NFC South (and that could be one of Tampa, the Saints or Atlanta)

Meanwhile, the Packers also control their own destiny.  Packers win next week and then it will be Green Bay or the Rams at Big D in the first week of the playoffs depending on whether the Rams win or lose against the 49ers next week (unless Dallas slips up against Washington with the Eagles winning)

Confused?

There's about a dozen other stories & scenarios but that's what divisional football delivers.  It's a great system (in my view)

I read if the Rams beat the niners (and who knows if either team fields any starters) we would play Detroit in Detroit. Which would mean Stafford finally got a playoff game in Detroit, just not as a Lion 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

I read if the Rams beat the niners (and who knows if either team fields any starters) we would play Detroit in Detroit. Which would mean Stafford finally got a playoff game in Detroit, just not as a Lion 😂

Yeah the 49ers have got the bye so if they rest a player like Purdy, he won't have played for 3 weeks when week 2 of the playoffs comes around.  But if he gets injured by playing next week, then the risk won't be worth it

Definitely a bit of a dilemma as I recall about 10 years ago when the Packers (who had the bye) rested Rodgers and the whole team came out rusty in week 2 of the playoffs (the Giants won that game and then went on to win the SB) The 15 & 1 regular season record voided there and then!

What the 49ers could do is strengthen their offensive line so Purdy can't get hit easily. Just use the game to try out different schemes.  Run the ball primarily as well

As for the Rams, you may as well get ready for Detroit or the Cowboys as it's a tough assignment either way.  On the other hand the Packers have to win to get in and the Bears would love to play spoiler against a noted rival

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Macca said:

Yeah the 49ers have got the bye so if they rest a player like Purdy, he won't have played for 3 weeks when week 2 of the playoffs comes around.  But if he gets injured by playing next week, then the risk won't be worth it

Definitely a bit of a dilemma as I recall about 10 years ago when the Packers (who had the bye) rested Rodgers and the whole team came out rusty in week 2 of the playoffs (the Giants won that game and then went on to win the SB) The 15 & 1 regular season record voided there and then!

What the 49ers could do is strengthen their offensive line so Purdy can't get hit easily. Just use the game to try out different schemes.  Run the ball primarily as well

As for the Rams, you may as well get ready for Detroit or the Cowboys as it's a tough assignment either way.  On the other hand the Packers have to win to get in and the Bears would love to play spoiler against a noted rival

We were the same a few years back, rested everyone and was rusty as hell. I reckon we will play them for a half, treat it more like a pre season game.

• Like 1

@Gorgoroth @layzie @JV7 @DeeSpencer

Leaderboard Tipping Comp

7 - DemonDave

5 - Dr.Gonzo,  BDA

4 - Clintosaurus,  Macca*,  Dee Zephyr,  Gorgoroth

3 - layzie,  DeeSpencer*,  Go the Biff

2 - JV7

1 - titan_uranus

*denotes bonus point awarded

It's the final week and we play for 3 points (a bonus point is on offer as well)

Thus, 10 participants can still win either outright (or share the award) Podium places as well contribute to the overall hall of fame 😄

Bit easier to finish ... but is it ever easy?

Good luck Gentlemen!

Couple of AEDT Sunday games this week - both vital games too although the Ravens have stitched up the bye.  Pittsburgh a hated rival though so any concessions?

image.png.e7ba444e2a3e75272252eea2bbfd9929.png

Edited by Macca

McCaffrey rules out of Rams game, and a few lesser names. I won’t do my tip to the last min to see who is in and out.

Last week always sucks dude to players sitting out or sitting halfway into the game. 
Is he surprised if Wentz didn’t play at least a 1/4 on the weekend.

• Like 1

Can't be bothered going back to see if it was discussed but the Broncos treatment of Russ is horrible... He has actually had a very good season after the slow start...

I wouldn't be against the Falcons going after him depending on he's contract & price. Our QB position is a shambles atm, Ridder isn't it & Heinicke isn't much better, they've chopped & changed in the back half of the year & in games, pretty embarrassing really... Would be surprised if Arthur Smith survives to next season tbh... With 2 young kids I hardly watch games anymore, that & I think I'm still scarred from the 28-3 Super bowl debacle 🤣

Edited by JV7
  • Like 1

4 Rams make the Pro Bowl.

AD99 of course.

Stafford.

Kyren Williams - well deserved, missed 4 games and is 370yrds of McCaffrey’s rushing season, for a second year player who missed played 10 games last year, two of which he didn’t see any action. 

And the rookie sensation 

Puka Nacau!!! I love this kid! What a season.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2024 at 15:45, Gorgoroth said:

Associated Press saying Purdy is out vs Rams

And Stafford is out too, according to McVay

23 minutes ago, Macca said:

And Stafford is out too, according to McVay

Yeah just saw that, Wentz vs Darnold… I highly doubt Donald, Turner, Kupp will play either. Higbee is injured.

A win means Detroit and loss and it’s the Cowboys. Rather the Lions tbh

Edited by Gorgoroth

9 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Yeah just saw that, Wentz vs Darnold… I highly doubt Donald, Turner, Kupp will play either. Higbee is injured.

I believe you can lose and still play Detroit (depending on other results)

1 hour ago, Macca said:

I believe you can lose and still play Detroit (depending on other results)

Yeah and there is a small chance of playing the eagles too. But from what I’ve read the most likely scenario is win, play Detroit, lose play cowboys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

Yeah and there is a small chance of playing the eagles too. But from what I’ve read the most likely scenario is win, play Detroit, lose play cowboys.

All depends on whether the Packers win or lose.  If GB win the Packers go to 6th spot no matter what (I think) And the Rams have secured a playoff spot so would finish 7th if GB win

But if GB lose, Rams must finish 6th (I think)

The ESPN Playoff machine is getting a workout as GB can still somehow make the playoffs if they lose to the Bears

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

Gonna be a Shmozz of a game.

CMC will miss obviously and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Trent Williams, Deebo and others on limited minutes.