Guernsey changes 2011

Mondê

I have seen the jumper as I work at rebel sport.. Collar looks good and colours are good .. our new emblem is sitting where the 150 year celebration logo was. All in all looks good

Argh, I hated the 150 year logo...looks silly so central on a footy jumper

Love the logo (above the sponsor), would have preferred to let the jumper speak for itself

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen the jumper as I work at rebel sport.. Collar looks good and colours are good .. our new emblem is sitting where the 150 year celebration logo was. All in all looks good

Sounds great, do you know when they will be in store to purchase?

the 150 year logo was under the point of the Vee

the new Jnr jumper on MFC site doesn't have new emblem under the point of the Vee

So are you sure its in the same place as 150 logo on the new adult jumper?

edit: changed "on" to "under"

Edited by daisycutter

the 150 year logo was under the point of the Vee

the new Jnr jumper on MFC site doesn't have new emblem under the point of the Vee

So are you sure its in the same place as 150 logo on the new adult jumper?

edit: changed "on" to "under"

Yes I am sure it will be .. barring any last minute changes.. Not sure when it will be available .. we only have been given the jersey to view.

With New Balance on board as of next season, changes to our guernsey in 2011 are as follows.

- New logo above major sponsor on the chest, and

- 12 stars around the collar representing each of our premiership victories.

I love the stars idea and hopefully we will add a few more in a few years time.

looks like they have stolen the idea from World Football....

This was on the Herald Sun website today -

Today Stevo rates the AFL's best and worst jumpers and calls for the Dogs to adopt their 1954 flag strip.

FORGET the inspired decision to draft Stephen Hill ahead of Daniel Rich ... dropping the anchor is the best decision Fremantle has made in recent years.

The old purple, red, white and green guernsey (complete with stylised anchor) was a stinker.

Suddenly, the Dockers are the height of fashion after switching to a poweful dark purple jumper with strong and basic Vs in white coming down off the shoulders.

Stylised logos are so 90s.

It is time to get back to basics and the Dockers have stolen a march on others.

Let's hope the Bulldogs take note. The stylised puppy on the front of their jumper is so 1997 ... sorry, Smorgo and Co, but its time it was torn off.

The time for animals on front of jumpers is gone. It worked as a nice gimmick in the early days of the Western Bulldogs "brand", but the Dogs should immediately go back to the simple, powerful 1954 jumper (one red stripe, one white).

It is the club's most famous jumper, synonmous with success. The fans would love it. Do it now, before you get caught totally out of fashion.

So here is the "Best of the Jumpers" list, from 1 to 17, including the atrocity that is the GC jumper.

1. CARLTON: Dark navy, white motif. Great mix. Powerful

2. MELBOURNE: Love the almost black blue and red. Kills the royal blue and red shocker of 80s.

3. COLLINGWOOD: Striking. Famous. No silly animals.

4. FREMANTLE: Controversial, yes, but suddenly makes Dockers look mean and a serious outfit.

5. ESSENDON: Dark. Mean. Looks great in long sleeves, too.

6. ADELAIDE: Mix of colours perfect. And simple.

7. PORT ADELAIDE: Designed by school kid. Keep it simple, please!

8. RICHMOND: Almost as good as Bombers. Red better than yellow.

9. ST KILDA: Traditional. Tick.

10. NORTH MELBOURNE: No good with white shorts.

11. GEELONG: Hoops not as good as stripes. Don't like new club logo.

12. SYDNEY: Not sure about the Opera House thing. OK, but better with old South jumper.

13. WESTERN BULLDOGS: Colours great. Puppy old hat.

14. HAWTHORN: No one's fault. Just that colours are rotten.

15. WEST COAST: Get rid of the Eagle. Shame its not velcro, Don Scott could do it for them.

16. BRISANE LIONS: Paddle pop lion no good.

17. GOLD COAST: Is that still their training jumper? Uninspiring.

post-4864-128641656758_thumb.jpg

Cam Schwabb just posted these photos up on twitter off the jumper for the Shanghai game

Really can't make any assumptions about 2011 jumper, but it certainly is different

http://plixi.com/p/49099851

http://plixi.com/p/49099975

http://plixi.com/p/49100466

I appreciate the effort of uploading photos of the jumper but they could have at least held it up properly so it can be seen clearly.

Update on stars:

I originally thought the stars representing our premiership victories were placed on the collar of our new guernsey. I can confirm that 12 small yellow stars will be printed above each players number on their back, in the shape of a horse shoe.

Does any body know if the Jumper with the dragon is going to be sold at the shop, or is it for the players only?

I really like the dragon, and i think some computer savy person also did an image of a Demon tail on the back of the clash jumper for next year, love the tail as well it would be great if it could be done. ;)

Update on stars:

I originally thought the stars representing our premiership victories were placed on the collar of our new guernsey. I can confirm that 12 small yellow stars will be printed above each players number on their back, in the shape of a horse shoe.

This could actually be a decent look. Yellow or white stars would be a fine choice.

Looking forward to seeing the new jumper unveiled!!!!

Update on stars:

Is this some sort of hoax Mondê?

Update on stars:

I can definitely picture yellow. Yellow goes well on red. Sounds great!

I don't jest. This is 100% confirmed. You will only believe me when they release it I suppose.

I guess so Mondê - no offense meant

It was just you changed your story on stars after originally "seeing" it

and your placement of the emblem differs from tingles description

dunno what to think of stars, initial thought was wtf, but I'll reserve judgement until I see it

I'm trying to "wait and see"

But the idea of the stars for our premierships is chringewhorthy at best, maybe if we had won one in the last oh I don't know 10 years we might have something to be a bit more proud of, but I reckon 50% of our members would not have seen the 64 GF.

Sounds like a bad idea to me and I reckon it will be.

I'm trying to "wait and see"

But the idea of the stars for our premierships is chringewhorthy at best, maybe if we had won one in the last oh I don't know 10 years we might have something to be a bit more proud of, but I reckon 50% of our members would not have seen the 64 GF.

Sounds like a bad idea to me and I reckon it will be.

You think too much. The brand is still intact - the red and blue, the red V, the dark blue - and yet you think the inclusion of an historic reminder of our history is cringe-worthy? Even as subtle as a small horse shoe on the back of the jumper?

Remember, the club is in the midst of a rebranding. We had no brand 4 years ago, and we are currently trying to establish ourselves as a powerful club with a memorable and powerful brand. As long as that core design is intact, something like the stars could only have either a positive or no effect on neutral supporters. It's a reminder of success, something that can't be seen anywhere else. Do you think the random bandwagon football supporter knows Melbourne has 12 flags? Where else can we be reminded of that?

It's a great opportunity to showcase the success we have as a club, and we should be proud of that success. Our inability to embrace that past, I think, has been what has halted our ability to create a well-known brand, because that's what it's about now. Collingwood's logo is an ageless logo that will always be around, and their symbolism as a club comes from their success and the "side by side" mentality, that even though they've been so unsuccessful over a 70 year period, they're still powerful. We might hate them for it, but you have to admire it.

You need to take risks. The club has been stuck in a conservative, old fashioned mentality for going on 30 years. You need to experiment and embrace things like our 12 premierships.

I am also very, very confident in Cameron Schwab. His passion for the club is undeniable, and in my 20 years following the club, I've never, ever been more proud to say I'm a Melbourne supporter. We're suddenly establishing ourselves in the community, and enforcing our brand aggressively. Part of that brand are our 12 flags. It doesn't matter that our last flag was 50 years ago. That's irrelevant. We have 12 flags, that's our history. Don't be embarrassed about it. The only way we can establish this brand is to embrace that history. We've done so partly with the brilliant new logo, and now with the stars.

I don't mean to cause offense, but how old are you? It just seems that the baby boomers or thereabouts are so hesitant for change in regards to everything. Sometimes you need to branch off and look at the bigger picture.

Edited by calabreseboy

You think too much. The brand is still intact - the red and blue, the red V, the dark blue - and yet you think the inclusion of an historic reminder of our history is cringe-worthy? Even as subtle as a small horse shoe on the back of the jumper?

Remember, the club is in the midst of a rebranding. We had no brand 4 years ago, and we are currently trying to establish ourselves as a powerful club with a memorable and powerful brand. As long as that core design is intact, something like the stars could only have either a positive or no effect on neutral supporters. It's a reminder of success, something that can't be seen anywhere else. Do you think the random bandwagon football supporter knows Melbourne has 12 flags? Where else can we be reminded of that?

It's a great opportunity to showcase the success we have as a club, and we should be proud of that success. Our inability to embrace that past, I think, has been what has halted our ability to create a well-known brand, because that's what it's about now. Collingwood's logo is an ageless logo that will always be around, and their symbolism as a club comes from their success and the "side by side" mentality, that even though they've been so unsuccessful over a 70 year period, they're still powerful. We might hate them for it, but you have to admire it.

You need to take risks. The club has been stuck in a conservative, old fashioned mentality for going on 30 years. You need to experiment and embrace things like our 12 premierships.

I am also very, very confident in Cameron Schwab. His passion for the club is undeniable, and in my 20 years following the club, I've never, ever been more proud to say I'm a Melbourne supporter. We're suddenly establishing ourselves in the community, and enforcing our brand aggressively. Part of that brand are our 12 flags. It doesn't matter that our last flag was 50 years ago. That's irrelevant. We have 12 flags, that's our history. Don't be embarrassed about it. The only way we can establish this brand is to embrace that history. We've done so partly with the brilliant new logo, and now with the stars.

I don't mean to cause offense, but how old are you? It just seems that the baby boomers or thereabouts are so hesitant for change in regards to everything. Sometimes you need to branch off and look at the bigger picture.

Well said. The Aints would kill for our history....Be Proud of it People and it will grow even bigger.

A yellow horse shoe? The emblem on the front? Sounds like overkill.

There is no doubt, a time and place to acknowledge our great history; but as far as our playing jumper is concerned, I'd rather they kept it simple.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. We already have the best looking jumper. It's the clash strip that could use a few adjustments.

Great post !! Send this to one C Schwab.

Great Post!