David Hale

Demon Tragic

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Hale is behind Macintosh and Goldstein in North's pecking order but both those guys would stroll straight into our best 22. Just because Hale isn't in front of those two doesn't mean he's no good or won't considerably improve our side.

Yes, but pick 12?? The guy has been playing VFL this year...why?

Does he just need a change of scenery and a kick up the date, or is he seriously flawed.

Pick 12 in this years draft means a lot to this club so we gotta be dead sure of our choice.

Edited by why you little

I am not in a position to say whether David Hale is a Bargain for the MFC or not, but i do have one question...If he spent so much time playing for the North Melbourne Reserves..Why?? And therefore why will we be sure he will play in the MFC Seniors when our list has supposedly more potential??

Choose very Carefully please. B)

Having spent a good part of the year watching most Nth Games (due to a personal association), I'm of the belief that Hale isn't a great fit for the Nth game style under Brad Scott (that's not to say he can't be at MFC). North's use of the football under Scott this year has mirrored Collingwood in many regards, taking the ball wide along the wings and then bringing the ball into the corridor from about 65-75m out to a leading target. Their game style suits the quick forwards, in particular the likes of Thomas, Sam Wright and Warren. Brad Scott seems to be mirroring many of the structures from Collingwood, even extending as far as taking the players to Utah for an altitude training camp.

Melbourne on the other hand have a game plan that has a higher scoring efficiency (for inside 50 entries), due to the game plan of bringing the ball more often down the centre corridor. I see the MFC game plan involving a forward/ruck who can play deep out of the square, stretching the opposition with our height up forward and on the scoreboard. Whether Hale is the solution, or Gawn and Fitzpatrick may be better suited long term, either way Jamar needs support and it appears we're keen to fill such a void.

We are competing with both GC Suns & Nth Roos in our window...

We'll be going Not Only backwards in the 1st Rnd draft order to North. But also giver them our 2nd rnd Pick as well for a Q? spud. a tall spud. but still A pretty is a pretty is a pretty..

Q: How many spuds does it cost to stop an MFC premiership???

Ans: I'll tell you when I know how many we recruit in the next 2 years.

Deeluded mate, Can't you see that he will be recruited for stop gap purposes. It's pretty simple Jamar needs help and we need a ruckman that can kick goals, David Hale does this. We are merely dropping back a few places in a very comprimised draft.

So Deeluded have a little faith in the people who have interviewed over 40 kids at draft camp and have more knowledge than anyone on this forum have about this draft.

Fitzy and Gawn need 2 years at least to even be close to ready.

Yes, but pick 12?? The guy has been playing VFL this year...why?

Does he just need a change of scenery and a kick up the date, or is he seriously flawed.

Pick 12 in this years draft means a lot to this club so we gotta be dead sure of our choice.

I don't know, and I agree he is not worth anything like pick 12 straight up. My only question (and it is just that, a question) is whether there is truly a large difference between picks 12 and 17 or we just perceive there to be one. After all we're all pretty excited about Blease and Tapscott who were 17 and 18 respectively.

Edited by Deemolition

walk softly...carry stick.

hardball

caveat emptor

take your pick...

dont stuff up pls MFC :)

All players values are somewhat artificial because of the GC/GWS loading factor,,,, we just need to box clever here. All that glitters is not gold... we dont need gold in the goalsquare.. Pyrite is fine...if it works properly..and the price wasnt exhorbinant !!

We are opening a window...lets do it right

Deeluded mate, Can't you see that he will be recruited for stop gap purposes. It's pretty simple Jamar needs help and we need a ruckman that can kick goals, David Hale does this. We are merely dropping back a few places in a very comprimised draft.

So Deeluded have a little faith in the people who have interviewed over 40 kids at draft camp and have more knowledge than anyone on this forum have about this draft.

Fitzy and Gawn need 2 years at least to even be close to ready.

I do 'Steamon', absolutely & agree with the temp Idea, but maybe they are hoping for more than a cheapish temp.

I can't agree to giving our soon to be direct opponents a leg up with our pick.

Did deluded reply to one of my posts 4 times?

That's some post.

But my favourite reply would have had to have been a lazy WYL not reading my post closely and claiming I was 'riddling' with him.

WYL is a national treasure on this place.

Cherish him people, he won't be here forever.

He's camp, really.

Puts a smile on your face.

You're not convincing me here.

Who we pick with 12 in 2010, or who we pick with 17 in 2010, will pale in significance to who we picked in 2007, 08, and 09.

Again, some supporters are stuck in this 'draft week is the be-all and end-all of football fortunes' mindset. We have raided the past three drafts and got some great talent.

That mindset was a buttress when we were sh!te, and we have got some amazing talent from those drafts.

What we didn't get was a buck-up ruck/fwd to help Jamar. We want one don't we?

Well guess what boys and girls - they don't grow on trees, you have to pay for it.

One should not over pay for anything.

Second rounder seems right to me.

Or a straight swap for Bruce. I could live with that.

Fraser is 20 times better ruckman than Hale.

Is Hale even worth that much?

Fraser is arguably more of a winger than PJ.

The market will decide Hale's worth.

It's just a shame that we have a cashed up, pick-ed up, competitor up north, jacking up the prices.

Let's not forget - some on here are just as delusional about the worth of our trade bait. Warnock is worth a top 20 pick?! Maric similarly over-rated.

Having spent a good part of the year watching most Nth Games (due to a personal association), I'm of the belief that Hale isn't a great fit for the Nth game style under Brad Scott (that's not to say he can't be at MFC). North's use of the football under Scott this year has mirrored Collingwood in many regards, taking the ball wide along the wings and then bringing the ball into the corridor from about 65-75m out to a leading target. Their game style suits the quick forwards, in particular the likes of Thomas, Sam Wright and Warren. Brad Scott seems to be mirroring many of the structures from Collingwood, even extending as far as taking the players to Utah for an altitude training camp.

Melbourne on the other hand have a game plan that has a higher scoring efficiency (for inside 50 entries), due to the game plan of bringing the ball more often down the centre corridor. I see the MFC game plan involving a forward/ruck who can play deep out of the square, stretching the opposition with our height up forward and on the scoreboard. Whether Hale is the solution, or Gawn and Fitzpatrick may be better suited long term, either way Jamar needs support and it appears we're keen to fill such a void.

Thanks for that, i have seen next to nothing of North this year, i am just worried that our first pick in a compromised draft is for a player who has been demoted to the Reserves, from a senior list that is no greater than ours. But yes we do have to help the Russian.....Hopefully he will be Ripping to play at a new club...if in fact we take him.

But my favourite reply would have had to have been a lazy WYL not reading my post closely and claiming I was 'riddling' with him.

WYL is a national treasure on this place.

Cherish him people, he won't be here forever.

He's camp, really.

Puts a smile on your face.

HaHaHa! where the hell did that come from???

Big words there Sunshine!!

Edited by why you little

Fraser is arguably more of a winger than PJ.

The market will decide Hale's worth.

It's just a shame that we have a cashed up, pick-ed up, competitor up north, jacking up the prices.

Let's not forget - some on here are just as delusional about the worth of our trade bait. Warnock is worth a top 20 pick?! Maric similarly over-rated.

Hang on, in one hand you complain that GC Suns are inflating trade values, then you right down Warnocks & Marics values. Pessimistic?

I's be happy to get something 18 through to 26 for Warna'. Similarly, I'd be happy if we got something in the order of 28 through to 35 for young Maric.

It has been reported that MFC have offered 2nd round pick and to swap Ist round pick for David Hale .This at the moment MFC would pick up Pick 17 and Hale for pick 12 & 32.Source Craig Hutchinson.

if it was to be true the deal would be done.