Jim Stynes

dees189227

Every Heart Beats True: The Jim Stynes Story

Will be shown on 19 September, 2010 on Channel 9 at 6:30 pm. I found this on TV Tonight website. An AFL documentary of a different kind comes to Nine.

Former AFL footballer Jim Stynes' battle with cancer has been produced by his closest friends, including Jules Lund and Paul Currie (One Perfect Day).

Jim Stynes has never shied away from a challenge, whether it was moving to a new country to conquer a sport he had never seen, helping restore self-belief in teenagers, or bringing the AFL's oldest football club back from the brink of extinction. But his biggest challenge lies ahead as he continues his brave fight against cancer.

This raw and moving account documents Stynes' journey, from arriving in Australia as an 18-year-old Gaelic footballer to graduating as one of the AFL's most celebrated players, and now to his diagnosis and struggle with cancer.

At times confronting, the one-hour documentary provides an insight into Stynes' daily routine as he continues to battle the tumours that have riddled his body and rise above the disease.

Viewers will be touched by his remarkable yet highly controversial approach to his diagnosis as he welcomes us into his world of chemotherapy, radiation, raw food diets and alternative therapies.

Intimate stories from those closest to Stynes will be featured in the film that also introduces us to a raw and exposed side of the man rarely seen in public.

The documentary has been directed, filmed, edited and produced by Stynes' closest friends, including Jules Lund and Paul Currie, co-founder of The Reach Foundation.

Jim Stynes played 264 games with the Melbourne Football Club after migrating to Australia in 1984. He won a Brownlow Medal in 1991 and holds the record for playing the most consecutive AFL games (244). The father of two was named Victorian of the Year twice in 2001 and 2003 and has been honoured with an Order of Australia medal.

This will air at different times and dates in different states, led by a primetime screening in Melbourne.

S.A.: Sunday, September 19 at 3.00pm

W.A.: Sunday, September 19 at 5.00pm

Vic: Sunday, September 19 at 6.30pm

QLD: Sunday, September 26 at 4.30pm

NSW: Sunday, September 26 at 4.30pm

Its going to be very emotional but heart warming. The opposite to the Cousins doco.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait.

Was wondering when this was going to be announced.

They've had a camera crew following him since well before he found about the cancer, from what I'm told.

Should be a fantastic doco.

This will set the tone for next season this Doco. This will Drive the MFC (the Entire Club) to achieve above high standards.

Next year we are going to get BIG crowds Make a lot of noise, and we are going to win Big Games while Jimmy is our President.

It is going to happen...You know why?? We all Believe in him. When you believe you just do it.

It does worry me it's ch 9, but i will watch it. (Please not Tony Jones)

I think I'll need to have the tissues handy.

Hear hear.

It'll be very emotional...

Still can't believe my mum said, "He's not the only one to have had cancer" in response to the doco. Bloody Carlscum supporters can rot!

Edited by DeezMan

Hear hear.

It'll be very emotional...

Still can't believe my mum said, "He's not the only one to have had cancer" in response to the doco. Bloody Carlscum supporters can rot!

Uggghh Typical Carlton Attitude....Just so evil.

Just read today's HUN article on Stynes which brought me to tears... :/

The line in which Sam Stynes says, "What I do know is that Jim will die at some point from this disease". Intolerable. So intolerable and hard to bear hearing/reading.

:( :(

Love ya', Jimmy. Looking forward to seeing his inspiring doco Sunday night.

Yeah. I started reading the Sheahan article, and couldn't believe where he went with the first few lines about drinking his own urine, then trying to be positive and saying it's "the best multivitamin you can get." I think I can safely say that's a first. If that's how I feel about just the opening paragraph, then I hate to think how a whole doco is going to make me feel.

Bless you Jimmy.

Pitty its not on prime time in all states :(

Every Heart Beats True: The Jim Stynes Story

South Australia: Sunday, September 19 at 3.00pm

Western Australia: Sunday, September 19 at 5.00pm

Victoria: Sunday, September 19 at 6.30pm

Queensland: Sunday, September 26 at 4.30pm

New South Wales: Sunday, September 26 at 4.30pm

Tasmania: Sunday, September 19 at 6:30pm

Good luck Jimma!

It's hard to put words into perspective right now. The Tears are flowing, But Jimmy is so strong & so must we be.

As people, Friends & the Melbourne Football Club..We are all part of Jim's world in even a small way.

Send him Good energy and we shall all get it back. B)