• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

If Nathan Jones goes...

DemonSG

In todays herald sun it says it is Jones who has tested the waters at other clubs. So he is shopping around. However Melbouren are confisent he will stay. Why would you want to go to essendon. For starters there is no coach and surely we have a better list.

Because you'd rather be playing in the one's than the two's.

I can't see Jones as a fixture in the team in 2-3 years. I'm happy for him to hang around for another year and then give him the flick.

Sacrificing one's game for the sake of the team isn't usually frowned upon by the MC when it comes to handing out votes.

Unless, of course, the role wasn't performed as well as they would have liked.

I agree 'H', but wouldn't that show up in our B&F through the coaches votes? I think thats what was suggested that got Jonsey questioning his B&F finish.

Edited by dee-luded

Leaving the Demons because Jones leaves? Wow.

Anyway, Jones - like most - is 'trade-able'.

I wouldn't be actively looking to off-load him, but if the price is right (or his price is wrong)...

could be the thing...a difference of valuation !!

Good to hear jones has re-signed with the MFC for 2 years

Good to hear.

The truth is that if I wrote down my best 22, Jones would only be on the bench. Others might not even have him in the team.

HOWEVER, he will be a really important player for us over the next 2 years. Our future midfield includes Scully, Trengove, Mckenzie, Gysberts, Tapscott, Grimes and Blease. All teenagers atm. They are not ready to have their bodies pummelled week in week out.

Jones is a warrior, he'll play some great games over the next 2 years, but i think we all know he MIGHT one day be overtaken by slightly more talented players.

With Junior retiring, Jones is going to have step up big time as the inside player, and I know he'll do a great job. He's definitely earned his contract and I expect him to play all 22 weeks next year.

Jay Clark is reporting that Nathan Djerkurra from the cats has also been sewn up for the doggies.

He's going there for a late pick that the cats likely won't even use.

He'd actually know on this one.

btw source?

Sunday Hun reported he was close to signing new deal.

Also said he had cracked a vertebra in his back in round 22!

Am I the only who did not know this? I knew he had hurt his back but a cracked vertebra!

Also said he had cracked a vertebra in his back in round 22!

Am I the only who did not know this? I knew he had hurt his back but a cracked vertebra!

it was reported around the time, but no doubt got little prominence in all the hype surrounding end of season and finals

it was reported around the time, but no doubt got little prominence in all the hype surrounding end of season and finals

Thanks Daisycutter I must have been too absorbed in the debate about our "away Jumper" and missed it.

I would hate to lose Jones he is tough and never gives up.

Just the type you need a couple of to win the big one.

Hope he signs soon and gets his back fixed.

Have you heard how long he will be out of action?

Thanks Daisycutter I must have been too absorbed in the debate about our "away Jumper" and missed it.

I would hate to lose Jones he is tough and never gives up.

Just the type you need a couple of to win the big one.

Hope he signs soon and gets his back fixed.

Have you heard how long he will be out of action?

Yes, he's one of my favourites, but I think his days may be numbered

If he stays I'm sure he'll fight like hell for his place

No special knowlesge, but it was said at the time that he should be ok for a full pre-season

Edit: P.S. was reported in press he didn't go on trip overseas with teammates as he is still receiving treatment

Edited by daisycutter

Yes, he's one of my favourites, but I think his days may be numbered

If he stays I'm sure he'll fight like hell for his place

No special knowlesge, but it was said at the time that he should be ok for a full pre-season

Interesting because it said in the HUN article that he had to miss a holiday to the USA that was planned with Sylvia and Maloney.

It sounded like they are just going now.

But I may be wrong with that.

Interesting because it said in the HUN article that he had to miss a holiday to the USA that was planned with Sylvia and Maloney.

Yeah, I suppose it depends on what is meant by a full preseason

I guess you could miss the start by a few weeks (dunno when it officially starts) and still get a "full" preseason in terms of being fully fit and ready for start of season 2011?

The good news (it could be wrong) suggested that he should make a full recovery and be ready for the start of next season. Don't hold me to any of that. it was just what I remember on what was reported/discussed. AMMV

Beama just got back from a big trip to the US.

No idea about Sylvia or Jones, but I'm guessing Hank went with Beama.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

If MFC think they can just dispense of loyal players who have given their all for this club over the bad years and not be given a chance to take part in it's successful future when they still have something to offer, maybe they are ahead of themselves.

Nathan Jones in my mind has been the heart and soul of the side for a long time, no Ablett or Judd, just a gutsy tryer who has given his all for the club. To trade him now would be an act of betrayal.

Yes we have young players trying to force their way into the side, but they have to make it on their own terms. Players like Nat should not be forced out for easy passage for these guys.

Coming so soon after his injury in the last game, no recognition in the B&F and still unsigned for next year, Nat has every reason to feel [censored] off with the situation. I for one will be really f*&%ed off if he is traded.

Lose Nat and McDonald in the same year and the club is putting everything on the line. Who will answer if it back fires? Nat deserves to mix it with the best and I will support him to the end.

Go Nat and go Dees

It looks like we are stuck with you for another couple of years. :)

There's also the possibility that other clubs weren't prepared to offer much for him.

And that they weren't willing to put in much effort to woo him.

Moot point right now anyway, because he's just signed again.

There's also the possibility that other clubs weren't prepared to offer much for him.

And that they weren't willing to put in much effort to woo him.

Moot point right now anyway, because he's just signed again.

I'd say so.

I wonder if we got him over the line by offering him a change of role, or at least a move away from tagging?

PS: Did you watch Survivor last night? That NaOnka chick is ridiculously annoying.

I'd say so.

I wonder if we got him over the line by offering him a change of role, or at least a move away from tagging?

PS: Did you watch Survivor last night? That NaOnka chick is ridiculously annoying.

I don't think the intention was to turn Jones into a fulltime tagger anyway. Moreso to further his education as a midfielder. To make him realise how far his game was behind a lot of the class mids in the league.

Next year I predict he'll spend a lot less time tagging.

PS. - Nope, missed Survivor.

Not something I watch religiously, but it's a guilty pleasure when I stumble across it.

I do remember her from last week though.

She's majorly annoying, but I'd love to be there with her, pushing her buttons til she snaps.