Nathan Jones - a message

Demon Head

From Nathan Jones' Twitter

▶ Good news from the doc will be up and about tonight, should be right tomorrow, the fracture will heal themselves no trouble in time yeeeow

And from all of us at Demonland - a speedy recovery, a good rest and we'll see you out on the track over summer!

You know that when you see Nathan Jones lying on the ground without a ball underneath him and three blokes on top of him, he's either been hit by a car or his back is broken. Tough as nails and bald to boot. What more could you want?

what he did was very guttsy. Unfortuantly i was told by a board members son yesterday that we are offering him up for trade. hope its not true, but could get a good pick for him or chuck in one of our picks and get a forward

what he did was very guttsy. Unfortuantly i was told by XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX yesterday that we are offering him up for trade. hope its not true, but could get a good pick for him or chuck in one of our picks and get a forward

Sounds plausible, almost expected.

But I wouldn't reveal my sources so readily, personally.

Very courageous putting himself in front of Edwards and taking the hit. Having said that, prior to his injury, he was absolutely murdered by Harvey (who exploited his lack of pace). What's more concerning is the coaches failing to change the match-up. He is in the same boat as Moloney IMO. Both give 100%, but they are limited in what they provide, leadership aside. Jonesy has a a bit more toe than Moloney though, plus better endurance. If said rumour is true in that we are putting him on the trade table, maybe we are just seeing what possible offers we could get. If we were to do this, i would have thought Warnock would be put on the table too.

Edited by Demon Disciple

what he did was very guttsy. Unfortuantly i was told by a board members son yesterday that we are offering him up for trade. hope its not true, but could get a good pick for him or chuck in one of our picks and get a forward

Find this post unfitting at this time.Talk about a player putting his body on the line -wow and came out with a fractured back. JS would not accept him being traded IMO. Gutsy and determined and I wish we had a few more like him.GO Jonsey GO.Also his best friend is our ex captain and confidant to Jim Stynes-Greg Healy.

Could happen. He and Bate fit the "got to give something to get something" mould.

As for the incident, no free or protection offered to a vunerable player with eyes for the ball.

It was a knee to the back area. That is legal. i.e. speccies etc. It was just unfortunate that Jonesy came of a bit worse for wear. All in the name of "bad luck".

Get well soon, Nathan. A stellar 2010 season and I hope he DOESN'T get traded!

It's a bit unfair to say he was being "murdered" by Harvey, whose influence was much more pronounced after Jones left the ground. Bonafide stars being tagged out of the game is the exception rather than the rule; Jones limited Harvey's influence, so he did what was asked.

Find this post unfitting at this time.Talk about a player putting his body on the line -wow and came out with a fractured back. JS would not accept him being traded IMO. Gutsy and determined and I wish we had a few more like him.GO Jonsey GO.Also his best friend is our ex captain and confidant to Jim Stynes-Greg Healy.

Wait.

You're seriously saying that if the coach and the football department decide the best thing going forward is to trade a certain player, the head of the board would and should interfere with football operations and veto that decision on the grounds that said player got hurt recently in a contest?

It's a bit unfair to say he was being "murdered" by Harvey, whose influence was much more pronounced after Jones left the ground. Bonafide stars being tagged out of the game is the exception rather than the rule; Jones limited Harvey's influence, so he did what was asked.

Wait.

You're seriously saying that if the coach and the football department decide the best thing going forward is to trade a certain player, the head of the board would and should interfere with football operations and veto that decision on the grounds that said player got hurt recently in a contest?

I think he is.

But the whole situation would change if we could somehow trade Jones to China...

I'm as big a fan of anyone as Jim and what he's done for the club, but sometimes I think some of us sometimes forget that he's not God, he's just the club president. If he interfered with football department matters like that, I'd hope Connolly and co would ask him to kindly butt out.

Jim Stynes understands that business is business. I hope to god Nath doesnt go, but if the FD wanted to trade him Jimmy would say "thanks Nathan but you got to go". Jimmy STynes is a great great man, all of us owe him for saving the club... However (especially with Junior) if its best for the team for someone to go, he wont say boo.

Lets not forget that he is uncontracted and could well go to the GC, he does love a surf.

Edited by Red&BlueBlood