I'm worried

Guest DeesPower

Worried ?? far from it...excited if anything. Not to disrespect Junior's departure but this team is forming itself as a unit, where players CAN be to some degree interchangable or replacable. we have depth and that depth will only become more adept with expereince and time. Yes there are nuclear players around which the teamall but revolves but as a Club we are finally gettiing to the point where its a Melbourne Team that goes out , plays and wins , not just this bloke and that with a few able satellites.

In a strange way James end of time indicates the new way of thinking at this club. A club able to make bold decisions. There is an however, that the club makes sure it offers and provides all that is required to ensure the new crop come on in good speed.

Weve cut the cloth..lets make the suit !!

IO am not worried .The club is in the hands of competant people.If we can consolidate in 2011 or even improve-I'll be very satisfied. ON OUR WAY TO GLORY AGAIN. GO DEES

however much we are all buoyed by the prospects for next year, and we all expect to reach the finals quite understandably, there are worrying signs. We have an extraordinarily talented list, but with Junior's retirement, and the likely move of Bruce up north, we will be worryingly short of onfield leadership next year. Let's face it, in our outstandi g wins this year, mostly it was the e perienced playerswho got us across the line admittedly in an extremely talented team. Next year we will be very short ofexperience.

I hope we will not regret today.....

Sorry ... unnecessarily and inappropriately pessimistic.

The club is systematically developing a leadership culture throughout the playing group.We had some of our best wins when Junior was out ........... and Bruce is going nowhere. Green, Moloney and Davey have already stepped up and Grimes has maturity beyond his years. We have Rivers to help direct the defence and Sylvia to help drive the forwards The age/experience balance of our list is just right.

Edited by hoopla

Retiring Junior is a big decision and it's not black and white - but a decision had to be made one way or the other - doing nothing was doing something.

Without Junior on the list another player like say Jordie will get to play 20 games in the midfield in a slot that would not have been available. On the other hand Junior's great recent form may have made the difference to playing finals and giving 21 players that experience.

Without Junior on the list we get a pick in the draft - a pick that delivered Fitzpatrick last year and Bail the year before.

Junior is on the vets list so only half is salary is counted in the cap but we still have to pay him - let's say he was on $300K+ whereas the draftee is on $50K - that's an extra $300K we have to invest in our footy department next year. For example part of that may be used as an extra $150K we can use to front-end contracts.

A decisive approach has been taken - Travis, Robbo, Brock, Junior, maximising our draft position last year - we're not just letting it happen - we're making it happen.

IO am not worried .The club is in the hands of competant people.If we can consolidate in 2011 or even improve-I'll be very satisfied. ON OUR WAY TO GLORY AGAIN. GO DEES

Good to see. You were certainly worried and questioned the "competent people" within the FD after the NAB Cup game against Fremantle back in February.

Now look at Fremantle and Melbourne Football Club's. Arguably the two most improved since the 2009 season.

Good to see. You were certainly worried and questioned the "competent people" within the FD after the NAB Cup game against Fremantle back in February.

Now look at Fremantle and Melbourne Football Club's. Arguably the two most improved since the 2009 season.

HT- If you look back at what I said-was if we failed in that NAB cup match- it would setus up in a negative aspect. What happened first game and subsequent matches.However our improvement has been massive.We just now have to close it off with at least a win this week.By the way, the club has surpassed my expectations- I thought they should have won 7 games, they have won eight, I believe you thought they would win 6-correct. The club has also surpassed my expectation re members, finance etc.. Do you agree. a week in football is a long time- s season-well!?.However thank yo for recalling my thoughts at the start of the season.Have you ever been wrong yourself?..Are you & RR the one poster under two names. Both extremely critical and both Mods.And both very quick to slam another poster.

Edited by jayceebee31

HT- If you look back at what I said-was if we failed in that NAB cup match- it would setus up in a negative aspect. What happened first game and subsequent matches.However our improvement has been massive.We just now have to close it off with at least a win this week.By the way, the club has surpassed my expectations- I thought they should have won 7 games, they have won eight, I believe you thought they would win 6-correct. The club has also surpassed my expectation re members, finance etc.. Do you agree. a week in football is a long time- s season-well!?.However thank yo for recalling my thoughts at the start of the season.Have you ever been wrong yourself?..Are you & RR the one poster under two names. Both extremely critical and both Mods.And both very quick to slam another poster.

In fact, you predicted we wouldn't win a game until the exhibition match in China and that we wouldn't get 30,000 members.

In fact, you predicted we wouldn't win a game until the exhibition match in China and that we wouldn't get 30,000 members.

[Deleted] - I stated we would win 7 games and get 31500 members.What was your predictions.

*Cough*

You were saying. :rolleyes:

HT and I are not the same poster but we share a Swiss bank account and a passion for a certain club.

Don't sneeze together- the same Swiss bank account- ?? only rassin.!

Edited by jayceebee31

Do not worry, we won a number of games while Junior was injured.

I agree with you "Redsoxman" we did and we all know he had a best one more year.

He has been a great player for the MFC but he was never going to be around when we next play in a GF.

If the Kids revolution is to work they have to take up the slack for better or worse.

I seen a lot of guys retire and thought "how are we ever going to replace him" and guess what somone else develops.

If our players are good enough they will cover his loss.

Worried about what??? I was worried when junior was out for 6 weeks with a hammy.

All players start their career & it all ends at some stage.

I just hope that the MFC find a job for junior in the FD if he wants it for next year and maybe beyond.

The sky is not going to fall in because JMac's career is finished on the field. B)

Clubs move on. As someone pointed to, how many Richo-lovers have been shedding tears while Riewoldt was ripping it up?

Just like someone getting moved on gave McDonald his chance at AFL footy, his departure will open doors for other players.

McKenzie will get promoted to the senior list and guys like Gysberts, Tapscott and Blease are more chance of getting games.

Worried ?? far from it...excited if anything. Not to disrespect Junior's departure but this team is forming itself as a unit, where players CAN be to some degree interchangable or replacable. we have depth and that depth will only become more adept with expereince and time. Yes there are nuclear players around which the teamall but revolves but as a Club we are finally gettiing to the point where its a Melbourne Team that goes out , plays and wins , not just this bloke and that with a few able satellites.

In a strange way James end of time indicates the new way of thinking at this club. A club able to make bold decisions. There is an however, that the club makes sure it offers and provides all that is required to ensure the new crop come on in good speed.

Weve cut the cloth..lets make the suit !!

Well put belzebub.

It will also force others to stand up to help fill the leadership role that has been left now. Hopefully it will make blokes like Moloney, Green, Davey and co grow another leg.

And i can't wait to see a team with Scully, Trengove, Gysberts, McKenzie, Moloney, Sylvia, Davey, Tapscott, Blease and Jones in it. That is what it is all about!

He is not David Neitz. We are more than capable of filling the void...if there is any. Great contributor and a fantastic club man, but I don't think he'll be missed much onfield or off. We have 4 or 5 players that can step in and contribute as a leader just as well as he did. My mind is on Beamer.