Watts - almost no involvement

Wonaemirri - only dangerous forward

McKenzie - aggressive but limited

Edited by joeboy

Bail - lowered his standards

Bartram - another fine performance

Bruce - a wonderful game

Davey - unobtrusive until injured

So I'm guessing you didn't go to the game and you haven't watched it yet either?

Top work Stevie Wonder.

:wacko:

Those first 2 descriptions? :huh: I think you have them around the wrong way?

Bartram, great endeavour and would have been good had he used the ball.

Bail - was terrific IMO

Edited by Demon Jack 16

Thought Bail was pretty good today ... with just 1 simple free kick costing us(even though it was incredibly soft).

If Bartram was even just a mediocre kick we would be in the best most weeks... so frustrating to watch because you know the shank is coming.

I didn't think Jamar was that effective in the ruck today against Renouf but took some nice grabs around the ground. Maybe I have raised the bar too high for TMR ... or maybe the Hawks on-ballers were reading it much better than ours.

Bail - worked very hard

Bartram - another solid performance

Bennell - patchy at best

Bruce - solid but Conservative

Davey - provided early dash

Dunn - Went into shell

Frawley - Took it on

Garland - needs more mojo

Green - a safe game

Jamar - lionhearted gutsy effort

Johnson - unsure of wet

Jones - duck to water

Jurrah - better for experience

JoelMacDonald - full of fight

JnrMcDonald - brave and determined

Rivers - solid but dour

Scully - needs more size

Sylvia - needs more support

Trengove - smart but tired

Watts - take iton Lad

Wonaemirri - showed his smarts

McKenzie - hard working dee

Jamar deserves massive props for his game today.

Sure he won the tap outs against nobody hacks, but he also took several contested marks in horrible conditions for a big man, and kicked 2 crucial goals. I'm going to guess that he won more contested marks than Hawthorn's entire forwardline.

He should be commanded for playing 22 rounds, largely alone, and still having the energy and strength to make an impact on multiple contests around the ground. He may not make the AA team, but he will finish very high in our B&F, which will be just reward for a wonderful season.

Bail - gives us run

Bartram - dropped for disposal

Bennell - forward or defender?

Bruce - Had Hodge beat

Davey - please be ok

Dunn - deserves a reprieve

Frawley - Outstanding All Australian

Garland - work on kicking

Green - couldnt get involved

Jamar - what a year

Johnson - good and bad

Jones - possible future leader

Jurrah - Conditions didnt suit

JoelMacDonald - solid hard smart

JnrMcDonald - Play Another Year

Rivers - becoming vital again

Scully - just keeps going

Sylvia - tried all day

Trengove - could be anything

Watts - Needs to believe

Wonaemirri - Showed his value

McKenzie - next junior mac

Guest Thomo

The Dees where fantastic today, especially considering from where they have come, to push Hawthorne who had aside from one player, their best 22 on the field, with the Dees having some key players out, was great, but I can't believe some of these comments. I think that some people post on reputation.

Frawley - will go down as a Melbourne great, but he was clearly beaten today. Franklin was in the best on ground, no disrespect to Frawley, but he was not "outstanding all Australian" today. Played on a great, and got beaten.

Scully - may "love his run", and "just keeps going", but his disposal is terrible, not up to AFL standard. Will be a very good player, but he butchers the ball. Several times his possession lead to a scoring opportunity for Hawthorne. He needs to work on his skills. Posters seems to think that we have to love everything about his game, and he certainly has parts of his game that are elite, his run and reading of the game are great, but needs some serious work on basic skills. Will not reach the heights that we hope unless he sorts this part of his game out.

Bruce - "Solid but Conservative"??? Best for Melbourne by a mile. Shut down Hodge, and was best on ground for the Dees. Worst comment that I have seen on this site. I'm not sure why some are always negative about Bruce, but to not say he was great today does not make sense. Shows incredible bias that I do not understand. Would probably be top three in the Bluey.

Back to three words,

Jamar - Hardest worker there

Bennell - Should work Harder (Ten minutes a game is not good enough. Back to Casey next week in my opinion)

Davey - Bad luck today

MacDonald - Never bad game

Watts - Plays like Basketball (actually contests the ball well, but is all hands, does not use his body, this will come, and he will be great, but not playing the right game yet. Needs a good preseason of contact to work it out)

Jones - Work Work Work (One of my favourites)

Frawley - will go down as a Melbourne great, but he was clearly beaten today. Franklin was in the best on ground, no disrespect to Frawley, but he was not "outstanding all Australian" today. Played on a great, and got beaten.

Got crucified with a couple of howlers from the umpires. Break even at worst.

Bail was one of the winners for us on the ground!!!!!!

I was at the game, and the one thing I took away from it was that we have found a player in Rohan Bail. He was impressive under pressure, and ran his arse off all day.

Give him a contract before someone else opens their wallet.

So I'm guessing you didn't go to the game and you haven't watched it yet either?

Top work Stevie Wonder.

:wacko:

The only ones he got wrong were Bartram and Bail, and even they were in the right ballpark...

One of the most pleasing things about this year is watching the Bruce-bashers make complete tools of themselves, pathetically trying to hold onto their prejudice, showing them as the twit members of demonland they really are, and always have been.

Go you good thing, Brucey.

Edited by Dappa Dan

Guest Thomo

Got crucified with a couple of howlers from the umpires. Break even at worst.

And Buddy suffed up some marks/goals when he had Frawley beaten, evens out with this bad calls. Frawley beaten. I would still back him next time, but today beaten.

Guest Thomo

The only ones he got wrong were Bartram and Bail, and even they were in the right ballpark...

One of the most pleasing things about this year is watching the Bruce-bashers make complete tools of themselves, pathetically trying to hold onto their prejudice, showing them as the down-syndrome members of demonland they really are, and always have been.

Go you good thing, Brucey.

Agree 100% on Bruce. One of the all time great Demons.

Although I don't like the down-syndrome reference, not funny or smart.

Edited by Thomo

Scully - may "love his run", and "just keeps going", but his disposal is terrible, not up to AFL standard. Will be a very good player, but he butchers the ball. Several times his possession lead to a scoring opportunity for Hawthorne. He needs to work on his skills. Posters seems to think that we have to love everything about his game, and he certainly has parts of his game that are elite, his run and reading of the game are great, but needs some serious work on basic skills. Will not reach the heights that we hope unless he sorts this part of his game out.

Nup, sorry. Can you point me to every instance in this game where Scully's disposal was not "AFL standard"? I can remember one clanger kick and one hospital handpass (to Trengove) early in the game, but otherwise he made the vast majority of his disposals count.

I agree his kicking is not great, but it certainly isn't as bad as some make out to be (it's no worse, than say Chris Judd and Dane Swan). His disposal by hand is elite.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Watts - Plays like Basketball (actually contests the ball well, but is all hands, does not use his body, this will come, and he will be great, but not playing the right game yet. Needs a good preseason of contact to work it out)

At 1st Q time I was musing as to how I would give a 3 word write up to what I had seen of the players at that point and the one that really stood out in my mind was "Watts - grow some testicles". However I was pretty pleased to see that he threw himself into the fray for the rest of the game - not always successfully I might add - but the effort was there.

A slow work in progress but he seems to learn from his mistakes and that is good enough for me at this stage.

Guest Thomo

Nup, sorry. Can you point me to every instance in this game where Scully's disposal was not "AFL standard"? I can remember one clanger kick and one hospital handpass (to Trengove) early in the game, but otherwise he made the vast majority of his disposals count.

I agree his kicking is not great, but it certainly isn't as bad as some make out to be (it's no worse, than say Chris Judd and Dane Swan). His disposal by hand is elite.

I'd say Scully's endurance, work effort, reading of the play and reflexes’ are elite, his disposal by hand and foot are not. I'd like to know how many of his disposals hit a teammate on the chest, uncontested, at pace, to advantage, I'd say very few. Really needs to work on it if he is to be top class in my opinion.

I said it last week and I’ll say it this week, send him back to Casey to work on his disposal in the slower pace game. He has moved straight from juniors to AFL and too much is expected of him, the intermediate comp might help him work on his weaknesses.