Changes vs Richmond

Nasher

Did anyone see Colin Garland limping badly in the warm down video on the MFC site. Did anyone in Brisbane notice this after the game. Also heard from a Melbourne based supporter who went to the game in Brisbane that he was really impressed by the Queensland supporter base and the noise that they made. He said that he had never heard anything like it. Well done.

Yep, noticed this from one of Cam Schwabs tweet vid's. Looked terrible actually!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see Colin Garland limping badly in the warm down video on the MFC site. Did anyone in Brisbane notice this after the game. Also heard from a Melbourne based supporter who went to the game in Brisbane that he was really impressed by the Queensland supporter base and the noise that they made. He said that he had never heard anything like it. Well done.

I went up for the game.

Only thing I saw from Garland was a great game again however I was too busy celebrating to notice him after the game finished.

Yes Local demons supporters were great, spoke to a few locals ( including my brother ) who want Fev out. They say it is more than supporter talk.

If you look down you will see his foot is iced, precautionary at best, he was walking on his heel, was in the rooms a couple of games ago and the same thing.

Went up for the game and sat in amongst the local supporters, just a note there were quite a few who had flown up as well, support was terrific.

As for those who want to drop Bail, did you wantch the game?

Moloney to come in for Jones

Trengove to come in Bennell or a general soreness ommision for Sculls/Jordie

I reckon Jordie is one of our most important players at the moment so would hate to see him rested

i think LJ and Watts will not be dropped even though Watts needs to back himself and take a few more shots at goal instead of dishing of handballs when he is 20m out, and Jurrah needs to do more in general!

Jones played close to his best game of the year. I find it extremely unlikely he'll go.

I don't think the idea of omitting Bail is laughable. I'm a fan and I think he does add to the side, but does he add enough to justify omitting someone else? Not saying I'd drop him, but I think it's worth considering.

Jones played close to his best game of the year. I find it extremely unlikely he'll go.

I don't think the idea of omitting Bail is laughable. I'm a fan and I think he does add to the side, but does he add enough to justify omitting someone else? Not saying I'd drop him, but I think it's worth considering.

Nasher I didn't say it was laughable, as another poster says we always seem to be in a rush to make changes no matter the result, Moloney could come back through Casey, we haven't exactly missed him, Trengove yes to come in to get games into him.....if the FD feel it necessary.....it's like Junior agree we should bring our captain back and Maric was extremely unlucky, but Trengove played for Casey so FD didn't think it necessary to bring him back at the weekend....maybe again this weekend

The "laughable" comment was because someone 'lol'ed in response to juzzk1d's suggestion of dropping Bail.

Regardless of whether we've missed Moloney (or Trengove) or not is beside the point. These guys are clearly amongst our best players. It's not making change for the sake of making change - it's that I can't stomach the idea of leaving out two players who are amongst our best players in the squad, just because we're afraid of dropping a few peripheral players. In the Moloney example, by refusing to make the change, you're essentially choosing the 23rd best available player over a player clearly in the top 10. That just makes no sense to me.

The idea of leaving out Moloney, given he was until his injury our best week to week player, heading for a B and F, and I believe our next captain for ALL the right reasons......is frankly laughable. If you don't see he and Nathan Jones as the engine room of our improvement this year, then you haven't been watching. Somebody has to be dropped of course, but it won't be a forward, and somebody will be unlucky, just as Addam Maric was last week. It's the most competitive selection dilemma I can remember for many years.

You dont drop in-form players.

The idea of leaving out Moloney, given he was until his injury our best week to week player, heading for a B and F, and I believe our next captain for ALL the right reasons......is frankly laughable. If you don't see he and Nathan Jones as the engine room of our improvement this year, then you haven't been watching. Somebody has to be dropped of course, but it won't be a forward, and somebody will be unlucky, just as Addam Maric was last week. It's the most competitive selection dilemma I can remember for many years.

Moloney has been really good I agree with that, but we weren't winning games when he was in the side for all his good play and effort, he hasn't been in for the last two and we have won and won well so my question do we really need to rush him back, the midfield is coping and with Sylvia and McKenzie actually excelling.......

the best 22 is very subjective.....eveybody was for delisting Bail, Bartram and even Dunn at the end of this season, it is surprising what regular games and a bit of confidence can do for a player..........the best 22 is a fallacy these days anyway, you need at least a best 30.........look at Collingwood, would you put Anthony, Medhurst, Fraser, O'Bree in their best 22 on past deeds or the way they are playing now.....it is the same with us, I want 30 or 35 players who are all the same standard who can come in and play to the same level week in week out......

OUT: James McDonald & Rohan Bail

INS: Brent Moloney & Jack Trengove

Against popular belief Jmac is droppable and should be after Saturdays performance. If people think we should drop PJ,Jurrah or Bennell I'm glad your not on match committee.

Please lets not pick teams on sentimony rather on talent and team balance.

If you don't see he and Nathan Jones as the engine room of our improvement this year, then you haven't been watching.

Nathan Jones?!

Dont get me wrong i like the way he goes about it, and the effort he puts in, but id say his twitter updates have been better than a few of his games!

Against popular belief Jmac is droppable and should be after Saturdays performance. If people think we should drop PJ,Jurrah or Bennell I'm glad your not on match committee.

Captains don't get dropped. Especially when their poor performance happened to be their first game back after a 5 week absence.

Junior on song is among the best players at the club. His form at the start of the year was borderline AA.... He has been out for a while but I expect the captain to come back stronger this weekend.

Beamer will be a big inclusion if he gets up as the reason that we won against the Tigers at the start of the year was that we had bigger stronger midfielders against the young Tigers.... Beamers link with Jamar could well be on show again if the Tiges try and tag Sylvia or Davey but let him run wild.

Moloney and Trengove should be automatic selections.

The problem is that Jurrah is the only player who couldn't reasonably complain if he was dropped. He needs his confidence back ... Will getting dropped add to his woes - or will a game at Casey give him a better chance to fire?

No idea who goes out - surely it will depend on fitness, general soreness etc.

Great position to be in

Great position to be in

The selection committee would be pulling their hair out. So many options.

KC from Casey has provided in the Casey forum a list of those players who are eligible/ineligible, etc for finals at Casey. Just another aspect to think about re: selections.

Johnson is improving a little each week andwith the back up he gives to Jamar we should stick with him.

I suspect the Jamar revolution may rub off on him.

The same goes with Watts, each week he makes a mistake but his awareness and decision making are getting better. Time is on our side.

No one deserves a trip to the twos except Jurrah but for mine we should give him the time to get his confidence back.

I noticed the smile he had after the win was about as wide as the Gabba. He wants to be there and will step up.

We need to build a steady forward six who learn to work together. Time invested in that now will pay off in the future.

Saturday did not suit our forwards after the heavy rain(even Greeny struggled)so i think thats a factor as well.

If its fine and being at the G might be the spark needed by Liam.

I cant wait to see both him and Watts starting to take marks with confidence, imagine if they both mature on the same day!

In are Moloney (if fit)and Trengove. Scully might get a rest. Jones pulled up very sore so that might mean he is rested as well.

If Jurrah goes out then Bate gets a chance.

ps: watts was incredibly excited by the win as well so expect an announcement about his contract soon is my guess.

ps: watts was incredibly excited by the win as well so expect an announcement about his contract soon is my guess.

There might be something there but I think that he just genuinely loves the club and what it stands for now and the direction that it is going.

There might be something there but I think that he just genuinely loves the club and what it stands for now and the direction that it is going.

Excited is an understatement, we were in the group of Demon fans in the Southern stand, the others were behind the goal with the cheer squad. At the end of the game the players split in two to greet the supporters.

We got Syliva, Green, Scully, Chip and a few others who high fived, shook hands etc

Wattsy hugged every single person who was lined up on the fence and was the last to leave.....

He looked like a guy who was with us all the way.

Excited is an understatement, we were in the group of Demon fans in the Southern stand, the others were behind the goal with the cheer squad. At the end of the game the players split in two to greet the supporters.

We got Syliva, Green, Scully, Chip and a few others who high fived, shook hands etc

Wattsy hugged every single person who was lined up on the fence and was the last to leave.....

They showed vision of this on channel 10 after the game. Was great to watch!