• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training - Thurs 29th July

Bhima

A few notes on the boys at training today...

Who looked good

Luke Tapscott: First time I've seen Luke training and I reckon he is the best kick at the MFC already. Davey is an elite kick with incredible vision, but he never kicks on the right foot. I watched very closely and Luke did not miss a target by foot on either side all session, slotting left foot snaps on goal with ease from 35 out. He also has massive shoulders for his age, as mentioned elsewhere, a shorter version of Chip Frawley. He was very competitive and won some of his sprints sessions against other players. I would be very surprised if we do not see him before the end of the year, and I know why the dees were so excited to get him at pick 18.

Garland and RIvers: Col was matched up on Bater during training and just looks so confident, never giving up and taking courageous marks. RIvers was also showing how quick his hands are in close contests and it seems like he is returning the the form that saw him take out the rising star.

The Brothers: Bennell, Jetta, Aussie and Liam were all up and about, especially once training became competitive and more a match day type simulation. It was greasy on the ground but LJ was plucking marks with ease, and Bennell was showing off his pace and defensive tackling skills. Aussie's kicking was a feature, really excited to see what he will do over the next five weeks.

Mckenzie: I've talked him up before, but his inside work was great, his hands are so quick. He is a natural at the clearances and they couldn't tackle him once he won the ball, always dishing off to advantage. Scully looking good too and won't be rested from what I saw.

The injured

It was impressive to see nearly the entire list down at training today, even Ricky Petterd was having a kick to kick session with Jack Grimes and big Jake Spencer. Ricky looked pretty good considering his injury, moving freely, taking a few marks and getting amongst it.

Brent Moloney - was a lone figure running the boundary. He had a long chat with Dean Bailey and then left the track early - highly unlikely to play judging by the look on his face (side note, he stopped to chat to bunch of school kids, I heard them later talking about how friendly he was, all good stuff from Beamer).

Jack Watts - Wattsy was with the main group, but during sprints he was holding back, definately proppy on the left leg that was strapped halfway through the game against the swannies. He looked okay though, participating in tackling, kicking and marking drills. He left the track however and did not complete the most physical part of the session, which was a mock game scenario. If it was a grand final next week he would be a certainty, but for me a doubtful starter this weekend, hoping I'm wrong of course.

Junior - was moving well and looks fine to play, and JT also got through training without incident

Juice Newton - took part in most of training, but left the track before the others.

Miscellaneous

Sam Blease - was training with the whole squad, showing pace, but not looking properly settled. At one point he kicked a clanger on the left foot and I heard somebody give it to him that he should be kicking on his natural foot. Good to see him up and about but looks a way off from making an impact in the VFL.

Max Gawn - has a good looking kicking technique for a 208 unit, and he trained well.

Chip Frawley - did not fully complete training, but seemed to be moving fine and perhaps just resting up for his return clash with J Brown.

Dean Bailey - You wouldn't know he was the coach...let's all the assistants run the drills (Scott West seemed to be the man in control, and very comfortable in that role). However, whenever Bailey did speak people took notice.

James Struass - moving freely and will definately be playing.

Bater - Working really hard as usual, and looking very fit, think he will have a big game in the reserves.

Stef Martin - Showed his pace, but lacking intensity. At times he looked brilliant, and then when he made a mistake looked really despondent. Question mark.

Maric - Hardly touched it actually, and even though he appears likely to get the nod for another game, he might be a little concerned after today.

Possible Ins: McDonald, Trengove, Bate

Possible Outs: Watts, Maric

Well that's about it, any further questions I might be able to help out.

Cheers

Edited by Bhima

Great stuff Bhima. One question: did you notice Dunn? He was seen leaving the ground on crutches last week...

A few notes on the boys at training today...

Who looked good

Luke Tapscott: First time I've seen Luke training and I reckon he is the best kick at the MFC already. Davey is an elite kick with incredible vision, but he never kicks on the right foot. I watched very closely and Luke did not miss a target by foot on either side all session, slotting left foot snaps on goal with ease from 35 out. He also has massive shoulders for his age, as mentioned elsewhere, a shorter version of Chip Frawley. He was very competitive and won some of his sprints sessions against other players. I would be very surprised if we do not see him before the end of the year, and I know why the dees were so excited to get him at pick 18.

Garland and RIvers: Col was matched up on Bater during training and just looks so confident, never giving up and taking courageous marks. RIvers was also showing how quick his hands are in close contests and it seems like he is returning the the form that saw him take out the rising star.

The Brothers: Bennell, Jetta, Aussie and Liam were all up and about, especially once training became competitive and more a match day type simulation. It was greasy on the ground but LJ was plucking marks with ease, and Bennell was showing off his pace and defensive tackling skills. Aussie's kicking was a feature, really excited to see what he will do over the next five weeks.

Mckenzie: I've talked him up before, but his inside work was great, his hands are so quick. He is a natural at the clearances and they couldn't tackle him once he won the ball, always dishing off to advantage. Scully looking good too and won't be rested from what I saw.

The injured

It was impressive to see nearly the entire list down at training today, even Ricky Petterd was having a kick to kick session with Jack Grimes and big Jake Spencer. Ricky looked pretty good considering his injury, moving freely, taking a few marks and getting amongst it.

Brent Moloney - was a lone figure running the boundary. He had a long chat with Dean Bailey and then left the track early - highly unlikely to play judging by the look on his face (side note, he stopped to chat to bunch of school kids, I heard them later talking about how friendly he was, all good stuff from Beamer).

Jack Watts - Wattsy was with the main group, but during sprints he was holding back, definately proppy on the left leg that was strapped halfway through the game against the swannies. He looked okay though, participating in tackling, kicking and marking drills. He left the track however and did not complete the most physical part of the session, which was a mock game scenario. If it was a grand final next week he would be a certainty, but for me a doubtful starter this weekend, hoping I'm wrong of course.

Junior - was moving well and looks fine to play, and JT also got through training without incident

Juice Newton - took part in most of training, but left the track before the others.

Miscellaneous

Sam Blease - was training with the whole squad, showing pace, but not looking properly settled. At one point he kicked a clanger on the left foot and I heard somebody give it to him that he should be kicking on his natural foot. Good to see him up and about but looks a way off from making an impact in the VFL.

Max Gawn - has a good looking kicking technique for a 208 unit, and he trained well.

Chip Frawley - did not fully complete training, but seemed to be moving fine and perhaps just resting up for his return clash with J Brown.

Dean Bailey - You wouldn't know he was the coach...let's all the assistants run the drills (Scott West seemed to be the man in control, and very comfortable in that role). However, whenever Bailey did speak people took notice.

James Struass - moving freely and will definately be playing.

Bater - Working really hard as usual, and looking very fit, think he will have a big game in the reserves.

Stef Martin - Showed his pace, but lacking intensity. At times he looked brilliant, and then when he made a mistake looked really despondent. Question mark.

Maric - Hardly touched it actually, and even though he appears likely to get the nod for another game, he might be a little concerned after today.

Possible Ins: McDonald, Trengove, Bate

Possible Outs: Watts, Maric

Well that's about it, any further questions I might be able to help out.

Cheers

Thanks for the report, appreciate it. Anyone know when the team is headed for Brisbane and if we will be having a training run there?

Be careful when reporting on our indigenous players. You can be referred to as a racist if you mention anything other than their names on this site. It's not a nice feeling when you get classified as such when there is no such attack intended.

Just on Dunn,

He was moving freely, took part in the whole session. His leading was particularly impressive, as he doesn't seem that quick, he was able to get clear of his opponent regularly. I agree with those that suggest the forward line is his best position, as, like green, the timing of his leads are very good and he knows how to get a few meters on faster opponents. I don't think it was a waste of time teaching him the defensive side of the game through the midfield, as I reckon it has made him a far more complete player - his defensive efforts are keeping Bate out of the team.

Cheers

Thanks for the report, appreciate it. Anyone know when the team is headed for Brisbane and if we will be having a training run there?

Be careful when reporting on our indigenous players. You can be referred to as a racist if you mention anything other than their names on this site. It's not a nice feeling when you get classified as such when there is no such attack intended.

Indeed Billy, it's important to understand that things we say that seem inconspicuous or harmless, can be very harmful to others. But I appreciate the heads up. No offense meant, of course.

Edited by Bhima

Just on Dunn,

He was moving freely, took part in the whole session. His leading was particularly impressive, as he doesn't seem that quick, he was able to get clear of his opponent regularly. I agree with those that suggest the forward line is his best position, as, like green, the timing of his leads are very good and he knows how to get a few meters on faster opponents. I don't think it was a waste of time teaching him the defensive side of the game through the midfield, as I reckon it has made him a far more complete player - his defensive efforts are keeping Bate out of the team.

Cheers

Much appreciated, Bhima.

Indeed Billy, it's important to understand that things we say that seem inconspicuous or harmless, can be very harmful to others. But I appreciate the heads up. No offense meant, of course.

Bhima, I think the boys refer to themselves this way so I am sure no offence would be taken, at least by them.

Awesome report thanks very much

Wanted to highlight this cause it is a continued concern over Blease and the ramifications of his injury for the long term.

I don't care what anyone says clearly his development has been severly hampered the fact he can only make it into the 2's

at Casey at about 70% game time shows from how far back he's coming.

This is through no fault of his own. He's not going to brake into the seniors this year. He's out of contract end of year

he will be offered another year. I just hope he can smash pre season get up and playing consistent footy cause he's got the talent

and skills.

I just hope an unfortunate school yard tragedy hasn't wrecked a career.

Edited by Diablo Deemon

Wanted to highlight this cause it is a continued concern over Blease and the ramifications of his injury for the long term.

I don't care what anyone says clearly his development has been severly hampered the fact he can only make it into the 2's

This is through no fault of his own. He's not going to brake into the seniors this year. He's out of contract end of year

he will be offered another year. I just hope he can smash pre season get up and playing consistent footy cause he's got the talent

and skills.

Have heard that his problems are mental and that he lacks absolute confidence in his leg that was broken. I agree with a full preseason he will hopefully overcome any issues that he unfortunately has.

and skills.

Support your post totally- however the club wants him to succeed. He needs to crawl before he walks as the saying goes.Excuse the pun.He'll make it.Needs to gain confidence.

Have heard that his problems are mental and that he lacks absolute confidence in his leg that was broken. I agree with a full preseason he will hopefully overcome any issues that he unfortunately has.

I was watching him at Casey a few weeks ago and he was still limping slightly when he came off the ground. It didn't seem to have much impact when he was actually running, but once he stopped it was like he remembered that it was supposed to hurt.

I think we can expect another 2 year deal for him, and with luck with a full pre-season and some time he will regain the confidence that he can do this.

Thanks for the report, especially about Luke Tapscott, I was chatting to my mate about him today. I am excited and can not wait to see Luke play at AFL level. From all reports he seems as though he will be a fantastic fit for the MFC & AFL.

Just had a long conversation with my Collingwood mate, and he like many other converts can see MFC win or be in contention for a flag in the next 3 or so years. He also reckons that MFC have the potential to finish in the six next season.. I hope h is on the money there.

I concur totally with the "great post" posts. Nice wrap and insight. This is the sort of post that ensures i check the site every few days - some anyalysis, no bagging players or pointless arguments (eg "will Watts re-sign or his he off to GC" - blah, blah, blah).

Precient call about Maric, who i just saw has been dropped for McDonald. Unlucky, though someone had to come out. I thought he played well last Sat. Beamer also still out, must have been some corky (Bail also copped a shocker earlier in the year as he notes in his Q&A on the dees website). No point risking him flying to Brisbane. Intersting comments about Watts and his leg and he may well not go for the same reason. Can't see Tregove remaining an emergency and he might come in, if not for Watts for some other unlucky player experiencing "general sorenes", McKenzie perhaps.

I too like Dunn as a forward and could actually see him becoming a fixture up there, partic. with the current trend of having a "forward defender"

I was watching him at Casey a few weeks ago and he was still limping slightly when he came off the ground. It didn't seem to have much impact when he was actually running, but once he stopped it was like he remembered that it was supposed to hurt.

I think we can expect another 2 year deal for him, and with luck with a full pre-season and some time he will regain the confidence that he can do this.

I've done a similar injury and I think he'll be feeling pain in the leg for up to a year later, even though there is nothing structurally wrong with it.

I remember giving up footy for a while after coming back from the injury because I'd get pain in it after running excessive amounts and it felt like arthritis.

I thought it would be like that for the rest of my life, but over time it hurt less and less until one day it got to where it is now and I feel absolutely no pain.

I had a lot of doubt and it took me about a year after being match-fit again before it really felt right.

If it's anything the same, he'll feel ok when out there, but it will ache like hell afterwards and put a lot of doubt in his mind.

and skills.

I agree totally Diablo, I raised the sames concerns a couple of months back and was shot to pieces on this forum. It's good to see the same hasn't happened to you.

Thanks for the report, great work.

Any more on Grimes? Was it just the kick to kick? Did he complete anything else?

Cheers

Mordja,

Grimes and Spencer were practicing some short kicks on the boundary line. Grimes didn't seem to be in any particular discomfort and seemed in reasonable spirits. They were running a few drills where Spencer would run past a trainer, receive a handball and then short pass to grimes. I couldn't help but laugh because Spencer kept fumbling or dropping the handball receive and, when he actually held on to the ball, proceeded to kick off the side of his boot. I actually think Spencer has potential, but still a fair way to go. Grimes left training pretty early I imagine to do rehab.

Sorry, can't help you out much more, but at least he was mobile and we should see him again before the end of the year.