Who will win the spoon?

titan_uranus

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My money's on Brisbane or West Coast. Tough draw, got Geelong in Geelong, West Coast in Perth, Sydney and Adelaide. Probably only 1 or 2 more wins for them. West Coast's draw is easy IMO, 4/6 games at home, Carlton, Brisbane, Port and North are all winnable, but they're a game and percentage behind everyone else.

I reckon Richmond can win another 1-3 games. Can't rule out Essendon based on current form but at some point they've got to stand up, surely, and this is a team that's beaten St Kilda, Hawthorn and the Bulldogs, so I think they can eke out 2-3 more wins.

As for us, well we should be good chances to beat Brisbane, Port and Richmond, and we're not that far off Sydney and North either. We should be more than safe.

West Coast

Carlton @ Subiaco

Fremantle @ Subiaco

Brisbane @ Subiaco

Port @ AAMI

North Melbourne @ Subiaco

Geelong @ Skilled Stadium

Richmond

Collingwood @ MCG

Adelaide @ MCG

Melbourne @ MCG

Carlton @ MCG

St Kilda @ Etihad

Port Adelaide @ Etihad

Brisbane

Geelong @ Skilled

Melbourne @ Gabba

West Coast @ Subiaco

Adelaide @ Gabba

Essendon @ Etihad

Sydney @ Gabba

Port Adelaide

Adelaide @ AAMI

Hawthorn @ AAMI

St Kilda @ Etihad

West Coast @ AAMI

Melbourne @ AAMI

Richmond @ Etihad

Essendon

North Melbourne @ Etihad

St Kilda @ Etihad

Carlton @ MCG

Collingwood @ MCG

Brisbane @ Etihad

Bulldogs @ Etihad

Melbourne

Sydney @ MCG

Brisbane @ Gabba

Richmond @ MCG

Hawthorn @ MCG

Port Adelaide @ AAMI

North Melbourne @ MCG

It's very easy to pick the team with the worst recent performance as the spooner.

I reckon the Toigs have earned a lot of respect, but are actually a lot worse than everyone's making them out to be. They're due for a prolonged lull, so I'll pick them.

That said, we're a long way from being out of the woods. Jack kicks that goal I'd be a lot more confident.

we probs have the easiest games

if our team plays the way we no the can

example: brisbane, pies x2 and bulldogs game

we can win 5/6 of thoughs games... probably wont happen but i believe we could if their having a good game

I'll be happy if we win our three remaining winnable home games (Syd, Rich and North). Anything else would be a bonus but anything less would be somewhat dissapointing (but not surprising given our inconsistancy to date).

Edited by Ascobar

I did the prediction ladder on afl website and had the Tigers finishing bottom. I probably rate them as going better than a few others but that is how it turned out. Bombers 15th. Dee's 11th or 12th depending on final game against North.

I did ladder predictor and it had Richmond-v-Port Adelaide in round 22 as a battle for the spoon match, winner to take 15th, looser 16th and I tipped Richmond with the game at Docklands.

Richmond.

The bubble may have burst and with the run home they might not win many more games.

As for the Demons. People talk about them beating Brisbane and Sydney. I think Sydney showed last week what they are capable of and it will take a very good Melbourne (who actually play 4 quarters) to beat them. As for Brisbane, they have had a long losing streak, they play Geelong in Geelong this week which will no doubt be a flogging. I reckon that they may well work themselves up into a lather playing Melbourne at home and i wouldn't be surprised if they knock us off there too (especially if Brown and Fev get a bit of the ball). I hope Melbourne win that one but i don't expect it.

The Tigers at the G will be a good test given Richmond's recent form and the fact Melbourne haven't handled the favorites tag very well this year. Richmond will be out for revenge so expect a close one there.

We will get smashed by the Hawks. They have the wood on us.

Port in Port doesn't enthuse me either given our atrocious record at AAMI. Again if we have continued to develop then this year then we SHOULD win this one but whether they take their brains across to AAMI is another question.

As for the final round, i back us in but look out if North are still a chance for the finals!

End result- MFC to win 2, maybe 3 more but certainly nothing more. Should be enough to avoid the spoon.

Our biggest games are this week vs Sydney and the Round 19 clash against the Tigers (minus Cotchin).

If we can win this week against Sydney without Grimes, possibly no Junior, possibly no Moloney and no Trengove... then we'll be tracking along very nicely.

As for the Richmond game... it'll determine who will finish above the other on the ladder at the end of the year!!

I would love to win those games against teams at similar levels to us, particularly North as they absolutely destroy us every time we play them. If we win 3 more I think that is a decent effort and will see us safe from spoon contention.

I would love to win those games against teams at similar levels to us, particularly North as they absolutely destroy us every time we play them. If we win 3 more I think that is a decent effort and will see us safe from spoon contention.

It was interesting to see North post a big win against the Tigers. They seem to do the opposite to us in that they perform well against the lower sides but not so great against the top eight teams. I think they have only beaten Carlton to date from the top eight? And that victory seems a lesser scalp with Carlton looking to be just making up the numbers at this stage...

Edited by Ascobar

It was interesting to see North post a big win against the Tigers. They seem to do the opposite to us in that they perform well against the lower sides but not so great against the top eight teams. I think they have only beaten Carlton to date from the top eight? And that victory seems a lesser scalp with Carlton looking to be just making up the numbers at this stage...

Just scoped it out then. They did beat Hawthorn back in round 5 when they Hawks were struggling for form, but not a bad scalp to claim given it was in Tassie and hawks had Franklin back by then. Other than that they have been thrashed comprehensively by every other top side including a couple of massive maulings at the hands of St Kilda, Collingwood and the Bulldogs, which makes them an interesting comparison given they also have a young list. Even though they have won more games, I think we should be happier with the Dees efforts against some of the top 5 sides. I would back us to beat them at the 'G in the last round if we don't get any more injuries and don't fall asleep in the first quarter...

Edited by Ascobar

Gotta be Essendon. All games in Victoria, but only winnable one is against Brisbane. The other teams will maul their confidence and percentage

Essendon, their confidence is way down and it doesn't look like rising, I can't see too many wins for them.

Couldn't think of a better way to end the season than to see them on the bottom, without first pick as well.

Brisbane are shot they may win a game or two but there is obviously something wrong with Brown and Fevola is a head case, so who knows what to expect, they still have enough good players to win a game or too.

West Coast will win a couple over there and are too inconsistent to predict.

Richmond; well has the bubble burst, hope so.

Port are in a heap of trouble but if the get rid of C Cornes and play to their best they can win some games, we always find it hard to beat them over there. Maybe they are so bad now we are in with a show, we should be and it should be a walk in the park but who knows what happens when we travel.

I think we can win another 3, Richmond, Swans and either Brisbane or North maybe both. Remember we play North at the G not at the Etisand Stadium so we will be much harder to beat there. Brisbane in Brisbane is always a worry but it's been a while since we played such a poor team up there.

Edited by RobbieF

http://www.afl.com.au/bailey%20ladder%20predictor/tabid/13046/default.aspx

It's gonna be tight and come down to %:

Port (2 wins) = 28pts

Melbourne (1 win) = 26 pts

Richmond (1), Brisbane (1), Essendon (1), West Coast (2) = 24 pts

Yeah I agree. It could potentially be decided in roudn 21 or 22. On current form its hard to guess how many of the remaining games will play out. To me this weeks game could go a long way towards shaping our final ladder position. A win this week would build confidence and could see the club win another 2 more games afterwards (most likely the 2 home games against rich and north) whereas a bad loss may see the confidence drop a little. At the same time just two more wins could see us finish as high as 11th and would be a satisfactory peformance I would think if we don't suffer any major thrashings.

Edited by Ascobar

http://www.afl.com.au/bailey%20ladder%20predictor/tabid/13046/default.aspx

It's gonna be tight and come down to %:

Port (2 wins) = 28pts

Melbourne (1 win) = 26 pts

Richmond (1), Brisbane (1), Essendon (1), West Coast (2) = 24 pts

Well of course percentage will not effect us, having had the draw, but may well determine the others.

Looking at the way Richmond and Brisbane are playing they must both be vying for favouritism, bet the Lions are glad they got Fevola.

Along with West Coast -it is hard to work out whom is the weaker team.

I'd say West Coast.