Game Day Thread

Yep. Some pathetic comments here from fairweather supporters. Have a look at some of the other scores from this round.

Someone should change the name of the forum to "whingers-land".

Outtahere.

Ok, so no one should display their feelings anymore. They should just sit back and not CARE, the supporters need to vent, simple.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Agent_Orange - Adults talking

SACK BAILEY SACK BAILEY SACK BAILEY SACK BAILEY SACK BAILEY SACK BAILEY

You pack of sad sacks get over it!!!!

We were 17 points down at 3 quarter time against a likely grand finalist, who then kicked away to win by 6 goals.

What more did you expect??????? Why do you think we are so special that we could easily turn it on and beat the Saints even though 90% of the comp currently can't?

Unrealistic, stupid, wankerish comments... Grow up and realise we were NEVER going to win that game and you should just look at the positives, they tackled hard, ran as much as you can with a team of men and there were some real positives from the young guys.

Dead set the only upsetting thing is that Grimes got hurt.

Other than that the result is surely better than what you could have expected before the game?

After last weekend, the fact we are playing the saints, it was at Etihad and we were in the clash top what the hell did you expect?

I AM SO OVER ALL YOU FOOLS CRYING AFTER EVERY SINGLE GAME!!!!!

WE ARE NOT A PREMIERSHIP CONTENDER YET SO WAKE UP AND SHUT THE HELLLLLL UP!!!!

PATIENCE AND LOGIC!!!!

+1, match was about what I expected, perhaps even better than expected. Nice to see Trengove, Watts and McKenzie have good games though.

i am not the biggest fan of Bailey and i completely believe he was appointed to see us through this time.

17 points at 3 qtr time was a good effort, would have loved to see us stay with them at least for a while. No inside 50 until the 5 minute mark is embarrasing. Our lack of a key fwd is obvious, but surely we we are not that bad that we could not have got it in once in 20 minutes. That alone is why we get scant respect in this comp and why some firmly beleive we might end up with the wooden spoon.

Trenners was great, Watts was good and green was green. reliable.

I love this club, but right now i dont like itvery much.

We were 17 points down at 3 quarter time against a likely grand finalist, who then kicked away to win by 6 goals.

What more did you expect??????? Why do you think we are so special that we could easily turn it on and beat the Saints even though 90% of the comp currently can't?

Unrealistic, stupid, wankerish comments... Grow up and realise we were NEVER going to win that game and you should just look at the positives, they tackled hard, ran as much as you can with a team of men and there were some real positives from the young guys.

Other than that the result is surely better than what you could have expected before the game?

After last weekend, the fact we are playing the saints, it was at Etihad and we were in the clash top what the hell did you expect?

PATIENCE AND LOGIC!!!!

They were also 1 point down after the first quarter... but still managed to FAIL.

Maybe they should pretend they are playing Collingwood every game. Maybe then MFC would have more wins on the board.... lol maybe not!!!!

I must be the odd one out as i actually thought Bailey did well

Kept his cool and gave mentoring advice instead of ranting and raving

We were playing the most defensive team in the competition and i thought some of our play was excellent

We still make errors but we are still learning

And i gauge alot of our season so far on who we have missing

Got to be patient

Just thought everyone should know that we won the clearances 43-35 against a midfield containing Nick Dal Santo, Leigh Montagna, Brendon Goddard, Lenny Hayes, Farren Ray, Clint Jones and others. I consider the first four as A grade players. That says something IMO

Edited by eth38

Thought Bailey did well with the match ups with frawley on Milne, Moloney on Hayes and Jones on Dal Santo. Could have been more Pro-active going into the last and thrown a rivers or Garland forward. Thats my only match day gripe.

Other than that actually playing Spencer... He is disgraceful! Needs to do something about Bate going MIA. Happens far to often.

Happy with the young guys. Trengove was good. Watts was good aside from a couple of really bad kicks. McKenzie was good. Scully was apparently tagged/beaten up out of the game. There are some issues to work on with a few of our guys, but overall we saw some real positives today.

We were playing the most defensive team in the competition and i thought some of our play was excellent

Got to be patient

I thought Dunn was good today. Took some solid marks and has real strength. A bit of mongrel about him, too, which is great. I like seeing Melbourne players giving it back to their opponents.

I thought Dunn was good today. Took some solid marks and has real strength. A bit of mongrel about him, too, which is great. I like seeing Melbourne players giving it back to their opponents.

yeah dunn was solid, fisher didn't have much influence, he kicked 2 (should of been 3, wtf at that) and had some solid possessions.

Yes be disappointed with the loss. Always be unhappy to lose. Always want to win.

But always be realistic too.

Have a look at our recent form, our record at Etihad and our opponents who are arguably the second best team in the comp.

Now have a look at Melbourne's performance removing the emotion for a moment.

There were several periods during the game in which it looked like the Demons were going to get blown away. But unlike the last few weeks, the team showed some fight, some intensity at the contest, some desire and passion. They clawed their way back in and for 3 quarters they took it right up to St Kilda. The final quarter was disappointing, yes, but it was also expected. St Kilda turned the screws when they had too as all good premiership contenders do. I think Melbourne will learn another valuable lesson from that.

I am never content with losses however i try to take a dispassioned look at them to see if we took steps forward or backwards in the game. I think todays game was a step in the forward direction (aside from Spencer).

MFC must now move on quickly and be 100% focussed and ready to take on an Essendon team looking for redemption. This week will be a very big acid test. No interstate trip. No Etihad. It's at our home, against another lowly team. This is the game that i expect our players to stand up and take by the balls!

It's at our home, against another lowly team. This is the game that i expect our players to stand up and take by the balls!

Those sentences send chills through me. I always look forward to Melbourne playing big name teams because we seem to lift when there's no expectation or pressure. I feel a sense of dread with lower teams because we tend to switch off. The only redeeming feature is that Essendon have had the same problem over the past year and a half.

Got to be patient

Bails had a good day. The players played with intensity and to a plan save for some big brain fades.

I reckon the plan would have been to be within striking distance at 3 qtr time and roll the dice in the last. It didnt work.

The Saints are at the top of thier game at thier home ground. They certainly appeared to be playing at 100% effort.

I am not unhappy with today's effort and thought there were some good signs.

Pathetic. Let's ignore the fact that we played the top defensive team in the league and got within 18 points at 3/4 time.

We lost by 35 points. This round two sides got beaten by > 80 points. 2 years ago we lost 7 games by > 75 points. How quickly we forget those dark days.

Yes we have players on our list that may not be up to AFL standard, but I saw improvement in Watts, Trengove and McKenzie, and we converted 20 of our 33 entries into the forward 50. We tried hard at getting our running game going; they were just too tough with their tackling and pressure at the contest.

Edited by DirtyDees DDC

I WANT ICE CREAM I WANT ICE CREAM I WANT ICE CREAM I WANT ICE CREAM I WANT ICE CREAM I WANT ICE CREAM

PATIENCE AND LOGIC!!!!

well put. i certainly did not expect a better result than what we got. the bigger bodies on the day won and this will be us one day

The absolute clanger is an important stat in today's football - especially against a team of predators like St Kilda. By halving our clangers and handballs to players, compelling them to commit a turnover, (because there is nothing else they can do) we will win these games. There might be quite a few of these players who will never plays finals football with us. There could be a few, whom, when surrounded by quality, might cut it as top AFL players. There are a few who will develop into AFL A graders and I don't know who they're going to be yet - but doesn't Trengove look good!

Every haphazard handball that puts one of our stationary players under pressure is a howler at the moment.

What must the players think when they watch the clips and video through the week? Do they compare their efforts with St Kilda's uncontested marks and clean ball handling?

Does this drive them towards improving their skills?

Do any of them ever consider that they're not good enough at this stage?

Or is this their problem? Do they not believe in their ability strongly enough?

Were they resigned to the idea that they were going to lose too early in the last quarter?

There are up there with persistence and physical effort for the most part of most games.

The reactions on this thread are a disgrace and frankly embarrassing.

For god's sake we played a team likely to play off in a GF (and hopefully lose :lol:), and were a man down for the entire second half. Why is everyone shocked that lost?

I think given the circumstances, a 6 goal defeat is about right. We are definitely a 6 goal worse side than St Kilda right now.

The Saints are at the top of thier game at thier home ground. They certainly appeared to be playing at 100% effort.

Do you really think the Saints were playing 100%? They were coming off a huge game against Geelong and lost Kosi to boot. I thought we were playing them at their most vulnerable since Riewoldt went down. Maybe I was mistaken though.

The attitude of some on this board is laughable. What the hell do you guys expect? 22 straight weeks of great performances from a team with weak bodies?

1. Bailey is signed on until the end of 2012. ...............

Ah... that would be 2011.

Do you really think the Saints were playing 100%? They were coming off a huge game against Geelong and lost Kosi to boot. I thought we were playing them at their most vulnerable since Riewoldt went down. Maybe I was mistaken though.

Yes both teams were playing at 100% intensity. The Geelong win goes to prove my point rather than the opposite.

If you watched the game and you know your footy you would know this.

They played a tough game and would have beaten most if not all other sides today.

The absolute clanger is an important stat in today's football - especially against a team of predators like St Kilda. By halving our clangers and handballs to players, compelling them to commit a turnover, (because there is nothing else they can do) we will win these games. There might be quite a few of these players who will never plays finals football with us. There could be a few, whom, when surrounded by quality, might cut it as top AFL players. There are a few who will develop into AFL A graders and I don't know who they're going to be yet - but doesn't Trengove look good!

Every haphazard handball that puts one of our stationary players under pressure is a howler at the moment.

What must the players think when they watch the clips and video through the week? Do they compare their efforts with St Kilda's uncontested marks and clean ball handling?

Does this drive them towards improving their skills?

Do any of them ever consider that they're not good enough at this stage?

Or is this their problem? Do they not believe in their ability strongly enough?

Were they resigned to the idea that they were going to lose too early in the last quarter?

There are up there with persistence and physical effort for the most part of most games.

Don't simplify the clanger. Most often they are caused by applied pressure caused by a team that is able to execute thier zone correctly. They are not always the result of a player not being able to execute the skill.

St Kilda are experts at closing down the corridor.