casey player reviews

pitmaster

Reading BG's review of Miller

" rated Millsy as excellent - I think he and Joel were our best two players. As a forward, Millsy had twenty possessions, eleven marks, and kicked four goals two. He presented well and structured the forward line. Hes in great touch, and has been really consistent over the last month"

He lost me a while back - say round one - but since we lost Petterd the forward line is desolation row.

Wonna's had two games - maybe needs one more - Sylvia's not firing, Davey out of touch. Johnno suffered from a lousy all round showing last week but even so, gave us next to nothing.

So Millsy is the only forward with form so if he is not in this week we can rule him out for all time.

YA GOTTA ASK CAN WE AFFORD TO LEAVE HIM OUT AGAIN?

Edited by pitmaster

It is most definitely Miller time. He's smashing them in the VFL, he's played himself into form, he deserves another opportunity.

Who else do we bring in for a tall forward option?? Newton???

He was so ordinary that Gotch felt it necessary to mention Miller again when reviewing him!!

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Nope. He is a very good VFL footballer that can't cut it in the seniors. Miller, Newton and PJ have had more than enough chances and should play the season at Casey and then be moved on.

If there is a question mark on Bate you almost have to bring him in. He will at least offer a target. Something we severly lack at times.

A lot depends on the playing group i think, his presence out there might just add some extra confidence to the younger guys and even if he doesn't do much he might add a lot to the side. FD should know best though.

After last saturday, with Bate going down early, (came back but only at 65%) we really need someone to straighten us up going forward, be a mobile target, a big body and maybe chip in for 2 or 3 goals. Sounds like the only option we have to do this is Miller

Its defiantly Miller time for mine.

As far as i am concerned, we need to give Miller every opportunity to succeed at the senior level. Some would say that he has used up all his chances, and I tend to agree. But as long as he is retained on the senior list, and playing consistent footy at VFL level, then we have to continue to give him opportunities.

Besides, what on earth have we to loose this week. I have said elsewhere, that we have a very tough 6 weeks coming up. We need to do better than kick 1 goal in a half.

Nope. He is a very good VFL footballer that can't cut it in the seniors. Miller, Newton and PJ have had more than enough chances and should play the season at Casey and then be moved on.

Great.

We have Jurrah, Morton, Bate and Petterd injured or recovering from injury. Sylvia is performing poorly

And we have declared that Newton, PJ and Miller are duds (Agree on the first two and the third is an honest trier)

So who do you play up forward then if you drop PJ???

Think about it.

Think about it.

I have and I reckon a pot plant would be as useful. Go small, bring in Maric and Wonna, or something like that but spare me the NQR players that just don't cut it. Leave that to the Richmond like teams as we should be past that.

I have and I reckon a pot plant would be as useful. Go small, bring in Maric and Wonna, or something like that but spare me the NQR players that just don't cut it. Leave that to the Richmond like teams as we should be past that.

Ugh.

Spare you the NQR players and you toss up Maric and Wonna who is not even match fit. :blink:

Enjoy the pot plant.

Ugh.

Spare you the NQR players and you toss up Maric and Wonna who is not even match fit. :blink:

Enjoy the pot plant.

It was an "or something" ie something else. There is a big difference between playing kids or maybe trying somebody like (say) Garland in a different position than giving game time to players that have proved time and time again that they just are not up to it. We are not going to win the flag this year and barring a miracle we won't play finals so what have we got to lose? Playing the NQR's I mentioned will not tell us one thing more than we already know.

I'd rather lose by eight goals playing the young uns than lose by four goals playing the blokes that will be gone at the end of the year.

Millsy gets a game in my view. But This is his last shot-We NEED those 4 goals replecated in Darwin.

Brad Miller will be in the side to take Marks & kick Goals-Stay close to the square Brad, do not follow the ball up the ground!

I have a feeling we are going to take it right up to the Power. (Maybe it was just that DB was so upbeat on "one week at a time" last night!)

I have a good feeling about this whole weekend-i think the Darwin experiment is going to be very fruitfull for this club.

Edited by why you little

Reading BG's review of Miller

" rated Millsy as excellent - I think he and Joel were our best two players. As a forward, Millsy had twenty possessions, eleven marks, and kicked four goals two. He presented well and structured the forward line. He’s in great touch, and has been really consistent over the last month"

He lost me a while back - say round one - but since we lost Petterd the forward line is desolation row.

Wonna's had two games - maybe needs one more - Sylvia's not firing, Davey out of touch. Johnno suffered from a lousy all round showing last week but even so, gave us next to nothing.

So Millsy is the only forward with form so if he is not in this week we can rule him out for all time.

YA GOTTA ASK CAN WE AFFORD TO LEAVE HIM OUT AGAIN?

Absolutely it can, we're coming up to the games where we play the physically stronger sides/ Port/Geelong/ then Blues, Collingwood/Adelaide/ St-kilda... we'll need to have some more big bodies to compete in most of those games. And as protection/support.

It's also the heavy going mid year stuff. Bell may get a run soon as well.

Anyone notice the interesting comment for TOmmy Mac....

Something along the lines of "we are getting him to concentrate for longer"

Sounds like his head hasnt been totally in the game

All players lose concentration, with maturity comes practice at maintaining focus & intensity throughout the game.

Absolutely it can, we're coming up to the games where we play the physically stronger sides/ Port/Geelong/ then Blues, Collingwood/Adelaide/ St-kilda... we'll need to have some more big bodies to compete in most of those games. And as protection/support.

It's also the heavy going mid year stuff. Bell may get a run soon as well.

so in that case (obviously not all at once or necessarily any this week) it's a good time time to start resting a few of the kids as well?

Anyone notice the interesting comment for TOmmy Mac....

Something along the lines of "we are getting him to concentrate for longer"

Sounds like his head hasnt been totally in the game

I don't think its at all related to attitude off the field, to me he just seems to be a laconic type on the field who can often be playing a good game but then zone out a bit and let an opponent have an easy goal. I've played with players like this before even at local level.

I'm pretty keen for TMac to play AFL though. Every time I see him despite not being 100% sold I'm impressed. I want him out there (and Strauss as well). Bugger Bruce, Joel Mac, Rivers and Cheney!

All players lose concentration, with maturity comes practice at maintaining focus & intensity throughout the game.

I have not noticed it with Scully, Trengove, McKenzie and Grimes. Four young players that seem permanently switched on. The issue is not maturity.

Given the coaches reports are normally laced with sugar and treacle, the comment about TMac is indeed interesting.

It was an "or something" ie something else. There is a big difference between playing kids or maybe trying somebody like (say) Garland in a different position than giving game time to players that have proved time and time again that they just are not up to it. We are not going to win the flag this year and barring a miracle we won't play finals so what have we got to lose? Playing the NQR's I mentioned will not tell us one thing more than we already know.

At the moment, you have only given NQRs that dont play a marking forward role and have shown neither form nor fitness for a stint in the AFL.

Each player on the list has a role to play. And when you have a deep line of injuries need to be called to fulfil that role.

I am glad the MFC Footy dept will have more considered and less of a "what the heck" point of view.

If Bate is out we have no choice but to play Miller. And in fairness to him he has done everything within his power to justify selection. He has clearly kept his chin up, worked hard forced the coaches hand. Other middle aged players sent back to the seconds whilst a team is maturing a young list would have thrown the towel in and resigned himself to the fact that the rest of his career will be played at that level. That doesn't appear to be the case with Millsy.

Even if some of his hard work can be attributed to the sniff of a year or 2 witht the Gold Coast you can't fault his endeavour.

Give him a crack, keep him close to goal with the odd stint in the ruck to spell Jamar and jam a firecracker up his arse so he bust some heads while he's at it. What's he (& the team) got to lose?

I believe we should bring in Miller even if Bate plays. I alsowould consider playing Newton as well.

I believe we should bring in Miller even if Bate plays. I alsowould consider playing Newton as well.

:huh:

So which two would you drop from the forward line to promote Miller & Newton - even if Bate plays.. ?

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

Get him in there! I can't stand him. But let's try and show value in him to the GC. Imagine if he can kick a couple of bags. Interest will resurface perhaps. I would be stoked for Brad and The GCFC if we can arrange a marriage there.

Unfortunately, the sad truth is, that if he gets a shot at AFL again he will most likely fail. Just not up to it!!!!