Mitchell's Dog Act

Chook

Did anyone see Sam Mitchell grab two big fistfuls of Nason's dreads and try to pull them out like he was weeding his garden? Absolutely despicable in my opinion. He should get a week for that.

I know it's got no relevance to the Demons, but come on, that's low.

Overracting IMO. It would've stung like a bitch, but you can't really 'hurt' someone by pulling on their hair. It's not the same as punching a bloke in the guts.

It looked pretty weak (pulling hair - LOL) but he shouldn't be rubbed out.

If that was me I would have taken him out.

Someone headbutted Brown and he'll get rubbed out

Mitchell will get nothing - which is a shame

Hawthorn aren't much chop are they? If Richmond had a forward line other than Rewoldt they would have smashed them

Get over it guys.... if you have long hair and you play footy you will cop it verbally and sometimes physically.

He would have been getting worse than that since the day he grew his hair.

Seems everything in footy is a "dog act" these days.

Not a big deal, nothing to do with Demons, wouldn't have hurt.

Did anyone see Sam Mitchell grab two big fistfuls of Nason's dreads and try to pull them out like he was weeding his garden? Absolutely despicable in my opinion. He should get a week for that.

I know it's got no relevance to the Demons, but come on, that's low.

Really don't care, but it was after Mitchell got up off the ground, I wonder why he was on the ground?

Anyone that has watched Stargate Atlantis will know that Nason is actually a Wraith. :rolleyes:

Overracting IMO. It would've stung like a [censored], but you can't really 'hurt' someone by pulling on their hair. It's not the same as punching a bloke in the guts.

It looked pretty weak (pulling hair - LOL) but he shouldn't be rubbed out.

I wouldn't make those comments unless you've had long hair and had it pulled.

I've had babies pull my hair and it is VERY painful. Imagine a strong guy doing it. Ouch!

If he wants to have long hair, and look like a tool, he should expect to cop verbal abuse, but nothing warrants physical abuse of that nature. Sorry, but pulling a guy's hair... FFS what are we, 5 years old?

Edited by Jaded

Someone headbutted Brown and he'll get rubbed out

Maybe not. He was coming off the ground with two trainers when Brown who had put him downshortly before followed him and had a go. Jackson was probably dazed and reacted. He was leaving the field and was entitled to be allowed to do so.

Guest watts04

Very happy with our captain when i saw that. Shattered hawks won, was barrackin hard for tiges

maca should play on in 2011, will be 35 i think?

I wouldn't make those comments unless you've had long hair and had it pulled.

I've had babies pull my hair and it is VERY painful. Imagine a strong guy doing it. Ouch!

I've had long hair and I've had it pulled. Yes it hurts, but beyond stinging like buggery for a few minutes it won't cause any long term damage. It doesn't hurt for any longer than a few minutes.

A hard hip and shoulder hurts a lot more.

Ballantyne also had a go at pulling Harry O's hair on Friday night did he not?

I don't mind it. Because I don't like Harry, and I think Nason looks like a tool and Mitchell is only trying to help him realise that.

Some of the above comments are calling Mitchell a girl for pulling hair, but do we want him suspended because of it.

Also it doesn't count as a dog act for mine. Having a go at someones family, or race or religion is a dog act. A low blow or a cheap shot when someone isn't looking is a dog act.

I've had long hair and I've had it pulled. Yes it hurts, but beyond stinging like buggery for a few minutes it won't cause any long term damage. It doesn't hurt for any longer than a few minutes.

A hard hip and shoulder hurts a lot more.

And doing your knee in a ruck contest hurts more than getting punched in the face. What's your point?

Head high contact is illegal in the AFL no matter how minimal. Pulling an opponent's hair might not hurt as much as a tackle would but I doubt the AFL would look at it kindly. Because you lay a tackle to try and stop your opponent from getting the ball. In what context of the game would pulling a player's hair help your team?

Another note from that game. Hawthorn wearing yellow, Richmond wearing Gold. Umpires wearing yellow.

I could have sworn Adrian Anderson getting very defensive and saying last week was a mistake and would never happen again. Yet one week later.

Hope the media get into it a bit.

I thought Schofield was a bit of a dog towards Watts yesterday, Watts went to ground in forcing the ball over the boundary in the member's pocket, and Schofield stood menacingly over him giving him quite a bit of lip. Watts got up and there was a bit of shoving. Thought it was pretty cheap from Schofield.

I had long hair as a youngster when playing DVFL.

A guy with a beard tried to drown me in the mud by holding me face down by my hair.

The only way I managed to get up while still breathing was to grab his beard and pull with all my energy. A dog act that was soon sorted by my teams enforcer.

I'm now bald!

If he wants to have long hair, and look like a tool, he should expect to cop verbal abuse, but nothing warrants physical abuse of that nature. Sorry, but pulling a guy's hair... FFS what are we, 5 years old?

Agreed.

I don't know if I'd have referred to it as a 'dog act', but is there really any reason you need to pull someone's hair when you're playing footy?

It's pretty ridiculous.

Neither does a punch to the stomach (in my experience), which was your first example.

As for the hip and shoulder, the bump is a legitimate tactic.

I must have missed the memo that made 'pulling hair' part of the game :P

I'm now bald!

:D

Imagine if Junior had pulled Nic Nat's dreadlocks in frustration !

Would the MRP deem it as head high contact ?

Given some of their recent decision making, just maybe.....

I don't like the hair pulling, it's an utterly crappy thing to do, but if you have that hair maybe you should be ready for it.

That being said I do remember a horrible case of it in a Wallaby v Springbok match a number of years ago when George Smith had his dread locks (in a pony tail) yanked by an opponent who couldn't

get a hold of him on a burst, and it nearly ripped the back of his scalp off. He was pulled off the ground and onto his back. Sorry but this is not an action that should be congratulated.

But maybe it's just the Hawks trying to get back to their "unsociable football" mentality, because this fits :rolleyes: !!!

Edited by QueenC

Makes me think,

How the f**k did we get smashed by Hawthorn!!???!?!!!?

Exactly the same way we lost to the Kangaroos and West Coast. A lack of intensity, poor decision making and low skill efficiency.