Moloney - Quiet by his standards

Rivers - Solid

Scully - Best on ground

Sylvia - Rarely sighted

Trengove - Some class touches

Warnock - Great game

Hughes - Good debut

McKenzie - Always goes down the middle, love it

I don't think it's the quality of disposal that's the problem, it's his decision making that can sometimes let him down.

I agree that his decision making needs improvement and I'm sure that will come. However I still think the quality of his disposal is questionable in the sense that last night (was wet) but also other games he has determined a target and he has missed them clearly.

So Grimes had a few bad kicks last night. So did everybody. You can't expect him to make every single last kick pinpoint accurate. Besides, he ran circles around the Doggies at times.

So Grimes had a few bad kicks last night. So did everybody. You can't expect him to make every single last kick pinpoint accurate. Besides, he ran circles around the Doggies at times.

According to the HeraldSun he had a 57% effective disposal rate . Read into that what you like .

Edited by joeboy

According to the HeraldSun he had a 57% effective disposal rate . Read into that what you like .

I read nothing into that statistic. Doesn't take into account disposals to players who then get crunched. And the definition of an effective kick is flawed too. If you miss a target it can still be an effective kick if it goes into space and the desired target runs on to it (I think).

Grimes turned it over too much last night but he's a ball magnet and a great contest winner, beat Gia 3 times in 3 minutes at one stage.

Dale Morris is a pretty good player.

Dunn is frustrating but his kicking for goal was was OK, particularly his banana from the boundary which was a very close.

Ben Hudson won the game for the Dogs.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Jones disposal, it was atrocious at times, I'm not sure what he was trying to do but it looked like he was trying to kick torpedoes but had no idea how to.

Nate Jones worked his arse off and has for years. He is one of the main reasons we are going so well. Its wet weather football guys get it kick it long, force it forward. He did this all night. Our game plan often leaves our players with know one forward to kick too, so bang it long especially in the wet. Bulldogs very lucky to win, we were the better team by far great effort by all. Keep playing like that and the wins will come.

Nate Jones worked his arse off and has for years. He is one of the main reasons we are going so well. Its wet weather football guys get it kick it long, force it forward. He did this all night. Our game plan often leaves our players with know one forward to kick too, so bang it long especially in the wet. Bulldogs very lucky to win, we were the better team by far great effort by all. Keep playing like that and the wins will come.

Have a look at what I said before you comment. Jones was trying to kick it long but he failed to connect properly with quite a few and they tumbled off the side of his boot, I didn't doubt his endeavor just his execution.

Bailey - His best yet -------------------- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swyg5z9LnlU&feature=player_embedded :)

Bartram - great until clanger

Bate - finally imposing himself

Bennell - showed some magic

Bruce - great shutdown game

Davey - sometimes too clever

Dunn - tried but flawed

Frawley - always a rock

Garland - steady and reliable

Green - we needed more

Grimes - prolific but wasteful

Jamar - excellent in conditions

Johnson - conditions didn't help

Jones - disciplined and effective

McDonald - excellent tagging game

Moloney - we needed more

Rivers - was always steady

Scully - worked arse off

Sylvia - the bad Sylvia

Trengove - Scarlet Pimpernel TSHH/TSHT

Warnock - destroyed his opponents

Hughes - did quite well

McKenzie - natural footy player

Edited by dee-luded

Grimes-wasteful or decision making poor- Or both? Will be an elite footballer and needs to learn. As I posted last week- maybe he is not disciplined enough. Has cost us 3 goals in the last two weeks.Two last Friday night..May need a break from the back line as I suggested and got ridiculed for last week.

Bailey - premiership coach soon

Bartram - not sighted much

Bate - leader up forward

Bennell - so much talent

Bruce - good rebound 50s

Davey - too much chipping

Dunn - 'ball is mine'

Frawley - great key defender

Garland - solid, not prolific

Green - was kept quiet

Grimes - broke packs well

Jamar - continues to impress

Johnson - back to Casey

Jones - solid, nice torpedoes (note the sarcasm)

McDonald - excellent tagging game

Moloney - wait, he played

Rivers - 2004 form's gone

Scully - rising star nomination

Sylvia - lost his boot

Trengove - what a gun

Warnock - mauls the forwards

Hughes - solid first game

McKenzie - THE tackling machine

Grimes-wasteful or decision making poor- Or both? Will be an elite footballer and needs to learn. As I posted last week- maybe he is not disciplined enough. Has cost us 3 goals in the last two weeks.Two last Friday night..May need a break from the back line as I suggested and got ridiculed for last week.

You suggested that if he kept up his ill-disciplined ways he would be dropped and you were rightly canned for it.

Give it a rest. Constantly posting the same garbage on a variety of threads isn't helping you "point" get across because your "point" is rubbish.

Last week he had 33 disposals in the backline against a team that outplayed us the whole day. This weekend he had 28 (I think) against a top four team in the pouring rain.

He has played 19 games and is already one of our best players.

Seriously, cut it out. You are looking ridiculous. You've "made" your "point" now leave it.

Edited by 45HG16

i watched the game today, and reckon some criticism here is way over the top.

1. Grimes also kicked some beautys.

2. Rivers has a strong leadership role. Definatly has a playing role in the team, and only criticism is he faded out as the game went on.

3. Bennell did really good things, and a few shockers.

4. Sylvia wasn't prolific, but like Moloney, used his big body really well on many occassions.

5. Johnson used his body well on a few occasions, yes, didn't get a kick, but did a few good things, especially considering his limited game time.

6. Hughes had a good first game

7. Bate's back.

Bates work rate was tremendous - second efforts strength

Rivers dropped several chest marks and was disappointing at times trying to swipe the ball off the deck rather than grabing the thing - I can say he looked poised

Grimes was busy and hard working as always

Davey was quiet - not a night for his type of play - should be played forward

Jones tried the torp too often without success

Hughes looked like he belonged

Bennell closing speed is great - like him as a small forward

Sylvia quiet

Jamar good taps result of 24 vs average of 30 but beaten by Hudson?

Scully had 10 turnovers. He was clean with his hands and worked really hard but wasn't BOG due to his turnovers. Really needs to cut that 40 meter lob pass to a pack out of his game...

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Jones disposal, it was atrocious at times, I'm not sure what he was trying to do but it looked like he was trying to kick torpedoes but had no idea how to.

I've always thought that's what his drop punts looked like, like he was about to unload a torp... it's the high ball drop.

But yeah, was kicking some mongrels the other night.

His kicking has been better apart from that game.

Grimes turned it over too much last night but he's a ball magnet and a great contest winner, beat Gia 3 times in 3 minutes at one stage.

Dale Morris is a pretty good player.

Dunn is frustrating but his kicking for goal was was OK, particularly his banana from the boundary which was a very close.

Ben Hudson won the game for the Dogs.

Watching the replay I noted Grimes had 3 poor disposals out of 29 possessions. He does win the ball well as you pointed out and his use of the ball is generally very good.

Dunn's set shots for goal and his kicking in general does little to impress. Hudson was very good on the night when it did not suit him.

You suggested that if he kept up his ill-disciplined ways he would be dropped and you were rightly canned for it.

Give it a rest. Constantly posting the same garbage on a variety of threads isn't helping you "point" get across because your "point" is rubbish.

Last week he had 33 disposals in the backline against a team that outplayed us the whole day. This weekend he had 28 (I think) against a top four team in the pouring rain.

He has played 19 games and is already one of our best players.

Seriously, cut it out. You are looking ridiculous. You've "made" your "point" now leave it.

Agree.