Judd-stice

dreamin' man

Call me obsessive, but as happy as I am with the Demons, well, delighted, I will feel we really have arrived when we prove that Chris Judd backed the wrong horse by choosing the brown paper bags of Carlton over our unfashionable potential & "inadequate facilities". Hope that's soon.

Edited by dreamin' man

Oh I thought it was MONEY that sealed the deal

Thought brown paper bags were a fashion accessory of the NMFC in the mid 70,s

Edited by Swampfox

I'll be looking for a bit of Brock-stice too, with some Burgoyne-stice and Ball-stice thrown in on the side.

We don't need any of these has-beens. I'd back our young guns anytime (and our clutch of dedicated loyal veterans) anytime against that lot.

I'll make bets now that we win a flag before either Carlton or Hawthorn. In fact I triedgetting odds from the obvious candidate for this last week and they wouldn't play. Interesting!!!!

Oh I thought it was MONEY that sealed the deal

Thought brown paper bags were a fashion accessory of the NMFC in the mid 70,s

Now What made you think that?

It was always the recycling Judd liked, Especially those used Brown Paper Bags, (BPB's).

Speaking of Juddstice and being brought to Brock, did anyone see Brad Green making Travis Johnstone his biatch with that increadible tackle? It brought tears to my eyes. Indeed, Melbourne played him beautifully, no one really got stuck into him, just every time he got the ball three Demons suddenly pounced upon him and drove him into the ground. It was poetic. The icing was Junior kicking the goal from Johnstone's throw.

When do we play the Blues?............

First Saturday in June ie. the w'end before QB clash against the Filth. Now wouldn't they be two nice scalps? ....

and based on current form, not a totally outrageous proposition!

Whilst this sort of thread is, I hope, tongue in cheek, apart from being childish it is wrong.

If Judd (and perhaps Warnock, Davey and Prismall as well)had joined Melbourne when they the chance we wouldn't have Scully and Trengove (and perhaps Strauss as well as whatever we'd have had to give to Judd (Morton and Maric?). Things happen for a reason.

Enjoy why we are here and recognize that if Judd had joined Melbourne he would have denied us the list we have.

Personally I'll thank him if I ever see him.

Very good point, and we wouldn't be improving as quickly as we are. How fast has the Blues improved since his arrival and what is their upside. I'd say they have peaked, and their internal culture is still as disfunctional as ever.

We'll win a flag before them.

Nothing would be better than smashing Carlton this year, and making sure we rub Judd's, McLean's and Warnock's faces in it.

If we only have on victory from here on it, please let it be over that pack of scumbags!

Have always liked you.

Speaking of Juddstice and being brought to Brock, did anyone see Brad Green making Travis Johnstone his biatch with that increadible tackle? It brought tears to my eyes. Indeed, Melbourne played him beautifully, no one really got stuck into him, just every time he got the ball three Demons suddenly pounced upon him and drove him into the ground. It was poetic. The icing was Junior kicking the goal from Johnstone's throw.

Don't forget that Travis never wanted to leave the Dees, he was disappointed to be traded. He wanted to finish his career as a Demon.

I think that, potentially, had Judd came to Melbourne, it would have put us back 2-3 years in development. We wouldn't have Scully, Trengove, Watts, or any other of the young guns from the last two years, and players like Miller, White, Yze, Robertson would still be in the team. Then, when they'd retire, we would be up [censored] creek.

Whilst this sort of thread is, I hope, tongue in cheek, apart from being childish it is wrong.

If Judd (and perhaps Warnock, Davey and Prismall as well)had joined Melbourne when they the chance we wouldn't have Scully and Trengove (and perhaps Strauss as well as whatever we'd have had to give to Judd (Morton and Maric?). Things happen for a reason.

Enjoy why we are here and recognize that if Judd had joined Melbourne he would have denied us the list we have.

Personally I'll thank him if I ever see him.

'Peanuts', your right, but, this is footy we're talking about.

Judd was a Dees supporter, & showed a fierce lack of passion for his boyhood club. Can't you understand the passionate veiws of the demon mob.

I think he should put a brown paper bag over his & his girlfriends heads.:)

I think he should put a brown paper bag over his & his girlfriends heads.:)

She is a nice looker, maybe we can skip the paper bag for Bec.

I don't mind so much that a huge list of players chose not to come here. We can build a club of players that bleed for the jumper, not wear the jumper to get paid.

Let them "cut their cheques" elsewhere. Building a dynasty takes time, and we don't need em.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Grow up you lot and worry about us. The players that chose other teams are not our problem and are not worth worrying about. I want us to smash every team and every opposition player regardless of where they came from or what choices they made. Beating Judd and Brock is the same to me as beating JB and Fev or Ablett and Selwood - it's all as good and it all tastes as sweet.

There is crankiness behind this post. In all my years supporting Melbourne I've felt philosophical about players leaving, going home, not wanting to play for us. But Judd just left me cold with his "I'm a different sort of dude" that gave us hope he might actually play for a club he used to support. And to clearly be lured by the money club, take their coin & be so part of their questionable culture, I can't have any respect for him. I hate the way commentators cut him slack (Sheahan writes about "Juddy") & the umpires give him an easy go. He's a pretender of a captain & unfortunately a pretty good player.

Grow up you lot and worry about us.

Absolutely.

Judd was a Dees supporter, & showed a fierce lack of passion for his boyhood club. Can't you understand the passionate veiws of the demon mob.

What a cad and a bounder. Honestly the passionate views of the torch bearing brigade rarely include a modicum of common sense.

There is crankiness behind this post. In all my years supporting Melbourne I've felt philosophical about players leaving, going home, not wanting to play for us. But Judd just left me cold with his "I'm a different sort of dude" that gave us hope he might actually play for a club he used to support. And to clearly be lured by the money club, take their coin & be so part of their questionable culture, I can't have any respect for him. I hate the way commentators cut him slack (Sheahan writes about "Juddy") & the umpires give him an easy go. He's a pretender of a captain & unfortunately a pretty good player.

Seroiusly you should see someone about your fantasy views about Judd. He was always going to Carlton.

Some of the carp written about Judd and his "obligations" to his old club that he supported as a child just beggar belief.

He is just another player. We all need to take a deep breath and move on.

Have a look at how uneven the Carlton 22 are over the ground.

The Judd trade and others are a big reason for this.

I'm not really sure why "inadequate facilities" is in inverted commas in the OP. Our facilities are absolutely pathetic. Anyone coming over from West Coast as he was would have been stunned by what he saw at the Junction Oval. Any sane person would have chosen Carton and the money given the limited duration of a footballers career.

I'm not really sure why "inadequate facilities" is in inverted commas in the OP. Our facilities are absolutely pathetic. Anyone coming over from West Coast as he was would have been stunned by what he saw at the Junction Oval. Any sane person would have chosen Carton and the money given the limited duration of a footballers career.

The decision by Judd to go to Carlton was made well before the mock interview process was ever concocted.

And at that time, it was not just the fscilities that put MFC on the nose to the outside observer.

Pretty much everyone, me included, was right behing the get Judd, only a few were doubtful.

If Judd had come to Melbourne we may well have been worse off in the long run.

We'd have traded something like Carlton did e.g. pick 4 (Morton), good young tall (e.g. Frawley), pick 21 (Maric)

We'd have immediately improved and would not have had access to such early picks and priority picks in 2008 and 2009.

If we'd acquired Judd, hypothetically just focusing on top 20 picks:

plus: Judd / 2008: Rich? / 2009: Butcher?

minus: Morton, Maric, Frawley / 2008: Watts, Blease (prio) / 2009: Scully (prio), Trengove, Tapscott

Could throw in Jurrah to the minuses too.

The timing was much better for the Blues coming at the end of their bottoming out cycle so the flow on cost in lost early picks was much, much less.