• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Watts

2014-Flag

Can we start a new post now that JACK WATTS topic has been going since April.

Praise be that he is in....here's hoping he has a huge game and continues from there.

Dunn a bit unlucky but he is depth now, not the front line talent, it's what we all should want!

Go forth and Deestroy!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm really looking forward to the game this weekend. This team just keeps getting more and more exciting.

Good to see they're running with the two ruckmen again. I thought Johnson did a decent job last week, particularly when he dove to cleanly pick up a sliding forward fifty entry (read the play beautifully), before giving off a perfect handball to Green for the Goal.

I think Johnson is really underrated and is the perfect 2nd ruckman/roaming forward for this team.

CONFIRMED PEOPLE!!!

In- WATTS

Out - DUNN

Bails strikes again! (the poster, not the coach).

Geez, if he doesn't play well... watch this thread double in size and views!!

Some of the reactions to the news are laughable. It's like a player of Gary Ablett quality is returning from a long term injury.

Just because Cox and Natanui are our opponents doesn't mean we need PJ.

In fact, if you think PJ might be okay but maybe break-even or get beaten, we may as well sacrifice the second ruck role and try and exploit NN's awareness by playing a smaller type, like Dunn, against him.

It's more about helping Jamar out. I still fear the point where Jamar burns up due to being over-played. Playing another ruckman (and an actual one at that) helps ease the load.

Personally that role should be given to Martin, not Johnson. But I'd rather have Johnson in the team with a directive to do nothing but focus on Naitanui than play Dunn as a false second ruck and watch Naitanui dominate all day.

Nope. He's exceeded my expectations but still isn't in my best 22. That said, there's time.

Bartram's playing well at the moment, but if we're going to argue about who's in our 'Best 22', then Bail can have his spot.

Mind you, Morton still has to get back into the side. As do Petterd and Jurrah...

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Bails strikes again! (the poster, not the coach).

Geez, if he doesn't play well... watch this thread double in size and views!!

We do have enough Danny from Droop St types to make that happen.

I'm really looking forward to the game this weekend. This team just keeps getting more and more exciting.

Good to see they're running with the two ruckmen again. I thought Johnson did a decent job last week, particularly when he dove to cleanly pick up a sliding forward fifty entry (read the play beautifully), before giving off a perfect handball to Green for the Goal.

I think Johnson is really underrated and is the perfect 2nd ruckman/roaming forward for this team.

I dont think there was a choice in having PJ join Jamar against an Eagles team that includes Cox and Naitanui

Spencer isnt that far off being ahead of PJ in the pecking order IMO

We do have enough Danny from Droop St types to make that happen.

Do we ever.

Glad to see PJ retained. Is not nearly as bad as people think here, and is clearly (in 2010 at least) our second best ruckman, with form against Cox.

Will be good to see how Jamar does with some more time in the forward line, and with PJ coming to to pick up his usual high rate of touches. His pace will be a welcome addition in the side given how we're playing too.

Glad to see PJ retained. Is not nearly as bad as people think here, and is clearly (in 2010 at least) our second best ruckman, with form against Cox.

That is saying nothing.

Less than nothing.

He has "The Project" Spencer, "The Crock" Meesen, and "The Lost" Martin to contend with. I would prefer Jamar spend 60% of the game following and the other 40% in the forward line coming up for every bounce.

And play another runner.

Realistically, there are half a dozen guys who are stiff not to be named in this side. That's why we're all so excited right now about the way our team is looking. To be able to say that Dunn is stiff for being dropped and at the same time Martin, Bail, Cheney, Jetta and Wona are all stiff not to be there is an amazing thing and something we have not had in far too long. It's only going to get worse too.

Today I am a happy little Demon.

Realistically, there are half a dozen guys who are stiff not to be named in this side. That's why we're all so excited right now about the way our team is looking. To be able to say that Dunn is stiff for being dropped and at the same time Martin, Bail, Cheney, Jetta and Wona are all stiff not to be there is an amazing thing and something we have not had in far too long. It's only going to get worse too.

Today I am a happy little Demon.

muhuohahahahahaha post #666 lolz

But yeah, excellent point about the excitement.

BTW can we close this monster now that the Second Coming is upon us?

Im just hoping for JW to just go out there and forget about all the crap re NN and just play his football, play like the way he played against Coburg.

I don't want to see JW look out into that stands during warm up, like he did "QB". When I saw him do that I just knew he was going to have a shocker. On the same token, I think he is over all that now, and he is ready to prove a point :)

Im just hoping for JW to just go out there and forget about all the crap re NN and just play his football, play like the way he played against Coburg.

I don't want to see JW look out into that stands during warm up, like he did "QB". When I saw him do that I just knew he was going to have a shocker. On the same token, I think he is over all that now, and he is ready to prove a point :)

New Melbourne Football Club Theme song for this week, see link...

Edited by Haydo

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

The crap that the news media is already serving up on this is already vomit making. The whole subtext of every mention of him is that they want him to fail so they can engage in their own warped version of schadenfreude.

I'm not to fussed what he does in this game, or even this year, as long as he learns something but jeez I look forward to him kicking on 2011 and on so I can ram those useless opinions right back down their throats.

That is saying nothing.

Less than nothing.

He has "The Project" Spencer, "The Crock" Meesen, and "The Lost" Martin to contend with. I would prefer Jamar spend 60% of the game following and the other 40% in the forward line coming up for every bounce.

And play another runner.

With respect, this is why you are not running a football department.

Johnson vs Cox last year = win for Johnson. Jamar vs NicNat last year = HUGE win for Jamar.

Drop Johnson AND Dunn then Watts likely will have to ruck at some point to give Jamar a chop out. Jamar is more likely to get hurt, now or in the future, and even if he doesn't on Saturday, the extra runner becomes redundant as the opposition ruckmen end up dominating. Watts as backup gets smashed by Nicnat, and is dropped the following week to let in.... Johnson.

From any reasonable perspective, Johnson is in the 22... because like any good footy judge knows (including you) the Ruckmen are not competing with the midfielders for a place in the starting side. Johnson becomes redundant when we play, say, the Hawks... Or any other side playing only 1 ruckman, because... wait for it... he's a supporting ruckman. And a good one at that. It's typical 'ology/'land groupthink that suggests Johnson isn't up to it. He's shown plenty of good form in the first half of his career... It's fair to say he's shown more than Jamar did at the same stage, and now Mark is a potential AA. And as for the whole "Jamar's a ruckman/Johnson's a possession getter" thing... Johnson isn't the same quality as Jamar in the taps, but he holds his own. The opposite argument was made AGAINST Jamar a year and a half ago, that he didn't pick up enough possessions. Johnson is a great accumulator for a big man with pace and a kick... if we can get him to play to his strengths, he'll be a sensational asset, and will make our starting ruck division one of the best in the game.

But I won't expect anyone here to agree with this. Never let the facts get in the way of a good witch hunt.

Edited by Dappa Dan

i would like to see bails rest jamar in the forward line with watts. With Bate and hughes...this might give us a solid forward line.

melb have fallen down across CHF...hopefully the above combination can give the dee something across CHF..

what do people think?

I am really happy to see him in the side, it is interesting that he comes back in to the side against West Coast. Obviously comparisons will be made between Jack Watts and Nic Nat all day by the media "experts" So maybe he is playing this week [a week earlier than touted by Bailey] in part to encourage him to do well. I have always had the belief that we did not take Nic Nat because he had stated he would "prefer" to stay and play in the west...another Scott Thompson we don't need. My friend and I that I go to the games with were heading to the after match function last year when we won against Richmond in our away game against them and Jack was heading there as well and he walked over to us and said how great it was that the team won and shook my mates hand and chatted to us, and it struck me what a nice level headed guy he was. Most footballers seem to dislike having to chat to the fans, so I thought what a nice gesture it was by him. :) I hope he does well and goes on to play 200 plus games with the Dee's.

As for Dunn being unlucky, I recon he has be really hard at the ball and has won lots of possessions, but forwards have to kick goals and he has missed loads, his conversion rate is really poor in this area not unlike Miller.

Edited by Deevout