Tigers in trouble

Brettmcg

The best thing about all this is that Jordan McMahon might get a game now, so that the MFC supporters can give him a standing ovation whenever he goes to the bench...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The scary thing is that its all set up for a loss. I am more worried about this sundays game then I will be all year, I think. We have alot of young players in our team, and without the right guidance, they will think that they can easily win this week.... which is WRONG!

We aren't that good.. We have played well against two good teams last couple weeks, and managed a win against 19 or 20 adelaide men (not taking anything away from it).. but we cant get ahead of ourselves. If we come out, arrogant and thinking we already have the 4 points.. we will lose to the worst team in the league and everything we have worked towards will mean NOTHING.

We NEED this win and the tigers have a point to make. A team that has been battered and bruized all through the week, normally come out breathing fire. So we need to understand this and hopefully not take the foot off the pedal at all..

I hope to god, that Dean and his coaching staff arent like the majority of demonland posters, and they take this week as seriously as they did Collingwood.

Good Test for the Leadership group, and any potential leaders we have in the kids.

Shall make the day very interesting. If we treat Richmond with the respect they deserve, then we will know this club is deadly serious to achieve regardless of who we are drawn to play.

The scary thing is that its all set up for a loss. I am more worried about this sundays game then I will be all year, I think. We have alot of young players in our team, and without the right guidance, they will think that they can easily win this week.... which is WRONG!

We aren't that good.. We have played well against two good teams last couple weeks, and managed a win against 19 or 20 adelaide men (not taking anything away from it).. but we cant get ahead of ourselves. If we come out, arrogant and thinking we already have the 4 points.. we will lose to the worst team in the league and everything we have worked towards will mean NOTHING.

We NEED this win and the tigers have a point to make. A team that has been battered and bruized all through the week, normally come out breathing fire. So we need to understand this and hopefully not take the foot off the pedal at all..

I hope to god, that Dean and his coaching staff arent like the majority of demonland posters, and they take this week as seriously as they did Collingwood.

Well put

I have he same concerns buti think we'll be ok.

From the get-go McKenzie & Junior will set the tone.

I don't think Bennell will take it easy after his last few weeks.

Trengove & Scully aren't the sort of kids to take their foot off the pedal.

Sylvia will be dying for a crack. Garland likewise after his long layoff.

Chippa doesn't take time off.

I'd back the rest of our players to come out with the right mentality.

And the tiges were already outright favourites to lose, but now hey have lost 4 experienced players.

They'll have a bit of fire after being read the riot act, but those suspensions will cause more damage.

Daniel Connors was selected by Richmond with pick 58 in the 2006 National Draft when some were suggesting that he was a good enough footballer to make top 20. There was mention made at the time that he possibly had some "problems" that contributed to his later than expected selection. I suppose the Tigers thought he might change his stripes.

This shows that it's important for clubs to research their targets in drafts and even to err on the side of caution when dealing with potentially "problem" players.

How many clubs erred on the side of caution with respect to Troy Taylor I wonder ? Ben Cousins, for that matter....

I have he same concerns buti think we'll be ok.

They'll have a bit of fire after being read the riot act, but those suspensions will cause more damage.

After which round were they read the riot act ? 1, 2, or 3 ?

Seriously.

Enough is enough!

Richmond are close to the bottom of the abyss at the moment. They have a young and inexperienced team of mostly high draft picks combined with some underperforming low draft picks. They have a new coach, new game plan, but not the talent or experience to execute this new plan. I have watched two of Richmonds games this season and they have good intent and pressure and tackle hard. However, simply they have no where near the talent to be competitive....... and thats before you take into consideration the long injury/suspension list.

People are comparing Richmond to Melbourne 2008........... however, from what I have seen the tigers of 2010 are worse. They may not win a game this season. They could well prove to be the worst team since Fitzroy.

I for one will not accept Melbourne not going as hard, not tackling and pressuring to the same extent as the previous two weeks. The new Demon team must set an early precedent on playing against teams you are expected to win and show no mercy.

Our old team use to fail at these low hurdles time and time again and as such failed to finish in the top 4 and thus win a Premiership. In 2005 Melbourne lost twice to Carlton who only won one other game. These two losses were the difference between Melbourne finishing 5th and 2nd. Even if they had won just one of these games they would have come 3rd.

We have a new team and need to create a new culture. Now lets, run, pressure, tackle all day, and we will smash them

Edited by Grand New Flag

After which round were they read the riot act ? 1, 2, or 3 ?

Seriously.

Exactly.

They have been embarrassed each week, only this week a little bit more.

But E25 has a point that they will come out with a bit of fire before fading...

This is a very important game for us development-wise.

Maintaining the right attitude is paramount.

Enough is enough!

Richmond are close to the bottom of the abyss at the moment. They have a young and inexperienced team of mostly high draft picks combined with some underperforming low draft picks. They have a new coach, new game plan, but not the talent or experience to execute this new plan. I have watched two of Richmond’s games this season and they have good intent and pressure and tackle hard. However, simply they have no where near the talent to be competitive....... and that’s before you take into consideration the long injury/suspension list.

People are comparing Richmond to Melbourne 2008........... however, from what I have seen the tigers of 2010 are worse. They may not win a game this season. They could well prove to be the worst team since Fitzroy.

I for one will not accept Melbourne not going as hard, not tackling and pressuring to the same extent as the previous two weeks. The new Demon team must set an early precedent on playing against teams you are expected to win and show no mercy.

Our old team use to fail at these low hurdles time and time again and as such failed to finish in the top 4 and thus win a Premiership. In 2005 Melbourne lost twice to Carlton who only won one other game. These two losses were the difference between Melbourne finishing 5th and 2nd. Even if they had won just one of these games they would have come 3rd.

We have a new team and need to create a new culture. Now lets, run, pressure, tackle all day, and we will smash them

Those 2 games against Carlton from 2005 keep flashing up in my head.!!!! We must be ruthless against that Tiger shambles.

Daniel Connors was selected by Richmond with pick 58 in the 2006 National Draft when some were suggesting that he was a good enough footballer to make top 20. There was mention made at the time that he possibly had some "problems" that contributed to his later than expected selection. I suppose the Tigers thought he might change his stripes.

This shows that it's important for clubs to research their targets in drafts and even to err on the side of caution when dealing with potentially "problem" players.

Good point, WJ.

And, given they followed up that pick with Cousins and now Troy Taylor, it just shows how desperate the Tigers are. They have been prepared to take a high-risk strategy with "iffy" players, in a vain attempt to find some success.

I suppose their desperation is not surprising, considering the time they have spent outside the eight over the last generation. But, we should all be very thankful that the good people who run our club have managed our rebuild properly. Not gambled on talented but damaged players, to try and pick up a rough diamond.

Of course, you're never going to be able to put together a team of perfect angels, but compare our concerns over Sylvia staying out late or Brock doing burnouts with Richmond's current situation, or Stokes buying cocaine for his mates, or Didak hanging with crazed gunmen, or pretty much anything Milne does.

We've picked well, dealt with behavioural issues firmly but fairly, and gotten rid of the bad apples. And we've avoided problems because of it. Kudos to the club!

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
I suppose their desperation is not surprising, considering the time they have spent outside the eight over the last generation. But, we should all be very thankful that the good people who run our club have managed our rebuild properly. Not gambled on talented but damaged players, to try and pick up a rough diamond.

It might also be fair to say that we don't have a culture of the supporters trying to run the club. The "Get Cuz" rally last year was laughable for me to watch but I'm sure the board and coaching staff didn't find it amusing. There is no way known that Richmond would have had the patience for the hard yards we have had.

Good point, WJ.

And, given they followed up that pick with Cousins and now Troy Taylor, it just shows how desperate the Tigers are. They have been prepared to take a high-risk strategy with "iffy" players, in a vain attempt to find some success.

Tom Hislop

Tom Hislop

Interesting isn't it? As RR said it's like they're stockpiling them. Bringing in a such large number of ticking time bombs in to the club is surely a recipe for disaster. You can't possibly expect to keep them all under control.

We cant afford to take any game for granted. We need to approach this as playing any side. there is now a lot of pressure on the Dees to win this game. I just hope they attack from the first bounce as if they are playing Geelong.

Go Dees.

We cant afford to take any game for granted. We need to approach this as playing any side. there is now a lot of pressure on the Dees to win this game. I just hope they attack from the first bounce as if they are playing Geelong.

Go Dees.

I agree 100% with what you say