Finally some annoyance

Demon_Tingles

MELBOURNE leader Brad Green says some cold hard facts were spoken among the players after last week's disappointing loss to Hawthorn.

Green said the group is now determined to produce a four-quarter competitive effort against Collingwood at the MCG on Saturday.

He added the acid was placed on every player, not just the senior group.

"On Monday, at our team meeting some home truths were spoken ... we're really looking forward to the challenge of taking on Collingwood and a great win on the weekend," said Green, who play his 200th AFL match against the Pies.

Green said coach Dean Bailey's tone "went up a few decibels" after the loss.

"Some of the players know where they stand coming into this week's game."

About time we hear that Bailey is [censored] off im sick of hearing how he was complacent and quiet. He needs to get fired up and tell everyone that nobodys spot is assured

MELBOURNE leader Brad Green says some cold hard facts were spoken among the players after last week's disappointing loss to Hawthorn.

Green said the group is now determined to produce a four-quarter competitive effort against Collingwood at the MCG on Saturday.

"On Monday, at our team meeting some home truths were spoken ... we're really looking forward to the challenge of taking on Collingwood and a great win on the weekend," said Green, who play his 200th AFL match against the Pies.

About time we hear that Bailey is [censored] off im sick of hearing how he was complacent and quiet. He needs to get fired up and tell everyone that nobodys spot is assured

If you think no harsh words are ever spoken.

This is a quote I heard last Friday, from one of the assistants, may have even been Brad Gotch coaching the non selected group, didn't recognise him as one of the other coaches, this group included PJ, Cheney, Watts, Blease etc..

They had a criss cross kick lead and mark drill, that fell to bits, I may be paraphrasing but I was close enough to hear most of it.

"For f****s sake concentrat, if you can't even do a f******g simple drill, it is not f******g good enough

"'For f****s sake concentrat, if you can't even do a f******g simple drill, it is not f******g good enough'"

Hmm.

Do we applaud that Bailey is only showing his cool demeanour on the surface, or panic because the players can't execute a "simple drill" right?

To think the selection panel were put off by Hardwick's plan to completely uproot the squad vs. Bailey's slightly less aggressive approach --- maybe Damien was brash, but maybe he was spot on, and too close to the truth for the selection panel to cope with?

If you think no harsh words are ever spoken.

This is a quote I heard last Friday, from one of the assistants, may have even been Brad Gotch coaching the non selected group, didn't recognise him as one of the other coaches, this group included PJ, Cheney, Watts, Blease etc..

They had a criss cross kick lead and mark drill, that fell to bits, I may be paraphrasing but I was close enough to hear most of it.

"For f****s sake concentrat, if you can't even do a f******g simple drill, it is not f******g good enough

Oh no!!

Maybe THAT'S the problem! TOO MUCH criticism!

Honestly, too many posters falling over themselves clutching at straws trying to find the answer to our problems... when they are right there in front of us.

(not you satyr)

lol gee, a player in the leadership group telling the media how "angry" the team is at their own performance.

Never seen that before.

*cough*

They talk the talk. Let's see if they can walk the walk.

Kicking a footy should be akin to riding a bike for these guys, KS.

So they get a pass from having to execute simple kicking skills properly at training?

Sorry, were either of you there and saw the drill they were trying to execute?

Did you happen to see how exactly it went wrong?

FFS, it's all being heard 3rd hand.

No one has said they couldn't hit their targets by foot, that was imagined.

Nor should anyone have to give them a pass - there is currently no case to answer.

Sorry, were either of you there and saw the drill they were trying to execute?

Did you happen to see how exactly it went wrong?

FFS, it's all being heard 3rd hand.

No one has said they couldn't hit their targets by foot, that was imagined.

Nor should anyone have to give them a pass - there is currently no case to answer.

I was actually there, there was two lines at either end, you were to run and kick to the other end, then stay in the middle mark it again turn and kick, players started to forget to stay in the middle or didn't do the turn and it turned into a mess....whoever the coach was (as explained before) went ballistic......just a note the kicks were hitting targets, and there was no dropped ball, they were blasted for not concentrating and listening to instructions.....which you need to do in a game......the actual skills were good.

The whole point of my post was we seem to want the coach to be seen on the big screen throwing the phone across the boz and sticking a finger into a players chest at a break.....if we don't see it we assume Bailey and the other coaches are soft and this is to blame for Saturday, that was nearly a week ago now, let's move on and hope all we have read this week is not hot air.....and what we get on Saturday is four quarters of real commitment.....

...they were blasted for not concentrating and listening to instructions.....which you need to do in a game......the actual skills were good.

Therein lies the problem. They boys do not listen... DB has a game plan, the players just don't listen!!!

A liitle of the topic. Ok , a lot of the topic , but does anyone think that Travis Johnstone is looking a little bit more Muslim every day with that beard peculiarity that he has got going on ?

Dont you mean Jesus?

I have my fingers crossed that this home truth meeting has the same outcomes of that of the Paul Chapman led home truth meeting after Round 3 in 2007.

:rolleyes:

Yes would be great to beat the Filth by 150 odd points, i would enjoy that!! B)

I was actually there, there was two lines at either end, you were to run and kick to the other end, then stay in the middle mark it again turn and kick, players started to forget to stay in the middle or didn't do the turn and it turned into a mess....whoever the coach was (as explained before) went ballistic......just a note the kicks were hitting targets, and there was no dropped ball, they were blasted for not concentrating and listening to instructions.....which you need to do in a game......the actual skills were good.

The whole point of my post was we seem to want the coach to be seen on the big screen throwing the phone across the boz and sticking a finger into a players chest at a break.....if we don't see it we assume Bailey and the other coaches are soft and this is to blame for Saturday, that was nearly a week ago now, let's move on and hope all we have read this week is not hot air.....and what we get on Saturday is four quarters of real commitment.....

Great post satyricon. I agree fully.

If it was any different last monday i would be upset, but i am pleased to see it in print.

Can i say almost "Line in the sand"?

So will we see about 5 players dropped for next weeks game? I hope Spencer was one of those on the blocks..

I guarantee there will be intensity for the first 10 minutes, then it will be back to normal. I just can not see the team playing well.. Not until they actually play together for a couple of seasons. Right now they will just be like a bunch of kinder kids running in a field!

It is going to hurt this Saturday at the G... and I am going with TWO colling-[censored] supporters now!!!

So will we see about 5 players dropped for next weeks game? I hope Spencer was one of those on the blocks..

I guarantee there will be intensity for the first 10 minutes, then it will be back to normal. I just can not see the team playing well.. Not until they actually play together for a couple of seasons. Right now they will just be like a bunch of kinder kids running in a field!

It is going to hurt this Saturday at the G... and I am going with TWO colling-[censored] supporters now!!!

Sturmmann, I agree the first 5-10 will be grand finalesk !! I am going to be in the Pies Pesidents members area all day, So I feel your pain.

...I am going to be in the Pies Pesidents members area all day, So I feel your pain.

I thought i had it bad!!! you will be hearing a lot of garbage saturday arvo..

Edit: Also tagging along is a Carltank supporter... God help me!!

Edited by Sturmmann

Sturmmann, I agree the first 5-10 will be grand finalesk !! I am going to be in the Pies Pesidents members area all day, So I feel your pain.

OMG just get up and find another seat!! Break your own leg so you can sit in a wheelchair seat-ANYTHING. They will Maul you in there B)