Out: Dunn, Strauss, Spencer

Backs: J.Bennell, M.Warnock, J.Rivers

Half backs: J.Grimes, J.Frawley, J.MacDonald

Centreline: A. Davey, C.Bruce, N.Jones

Half forwards: M.Bate, B.Miller, J.Trengove

Forwards: B.Green, M. Newton, R.Petterd,

Followers: M. Jamar, C. Sylvia, B.Moloney

I/C: S. Martin, J.McKenzie, T.Scully, J.McDonald

I'm tempted to drop Miller, but I think we need a Centre Half Forward. Bringing Juice in will allow him to get up the ground and offer us a target across half forward, where he's played his best footy. While Juice actually knows how to get the footy in his hands inside forward 50, how to play full forward. Desperately need a tall target deep in attack, and I think he's the only man capable of the job, apart from Jamar perhaps...

Reluctant to drop Strauss as he was thrown to the wolves on Saturday, but someone needs to make way, and I really am struggling to see who we drop. Bate could be considered perhaps, but you've got to back him in to come good.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't remember an 83 tackle count from a Demon outfit

Yes, on paper at least it looks great - and higher than Hawthorn's. But let's not forget that 25% of those tackles (21) came from just 2 players.

Still, a step in the right direction, and maybe Bailey is, after all, addressing some of "the issues".

B

Watts doesn't deserve a game. Has been struggling at Casey and other guys are playing much better than him.

Give the guy a break. He's been injured, and played just 6 quarters of footy since just over mid-way through last season.

Based on that limited game time, very hard to say whether he has been "struggling at Casey" or not. Let him at least get up to match fitness before you write him off.

B

Loving the panic merchants.

There is no way Bate or Warnock will be dropped and nor should they.

In Sylvia, Martin

Out Dunn, Miller

Strauss has a very nervous first game but I will be very disappointed if he is dropped.

Agreed.

Bate came in underdone, but should be better from having the run.

Strauss showed a bit and despite one of the worst clangers I have seen, I think he should be persisted with.

Unconvinced by Spencer.. Just dont see it yet.

Dunn was awful, and Miller was 2 steps behind all day.

Brings me to Bruce... One of our most Senior players: Sure he works hard, but his Skills are poor, and his decision making is deplorable - Is he a leader on field? If not, I question why we bother playing him.

My Changes for this week.

Out Dunn, Spencer

In Sylvia, Martin

Agreed.

Bate came in underdone, but should be better from having the run.

Strauss showed a bit and despite one of the worst clangers I have seen, I think he should be persisted with.

Unconvinced by Spencer.. Just dont see it yet.

Dunn was awful, and Miller was 2 steps behind all day.

Brings me to Bruce... One of our most Senior players: Sure he works hard, but his Skills are poor, and his decision making is deplorable - Is he a leader on field? If not, I question why we bother playing him.

My Changes for this week.

Out Dunn, Spencer

In Sylvia, Martin

Agree with all that.

I really hope Strauss isn't dropped. It was a tough debut, no doubt. As he's one of our high picks, he needs game time.

I'd [censored] myself if I saw Campbell Brown running at me like that too.

Agree with all that.

I really hope Strauss isn't dropped. It was a tough debut, no doubt. As he's one of our high picks, he needs game time.

I'd [censored] myself if I saw Campbell Brown running at me like that too.

Talk about a baptism of fire, first game up playing back pocket in a side getting absolutely demolished. No way he should be dropped.

Loving the panic merchants.

There is no way Bate or Warnock will be dropped and nor should they.

In Sylvia, Martin

Out Dunn, Miller

Strauss has a very nervous first game but I will be very disappointed if he is dropped.

I agree red.

Bate needs more game time at AFL level to build up his fitness, playing him at Casey is a waste.

Warnock is still our best option on big forwards.

Dunn would be very lucky to get another chance.

Miller hasn't improved in 5 years, he offers nothing to our forwardline.

Strauss should be given more time.

The only other option I'd be tempted with is to bring in Newton. I know his limitations, but all of our other key forwards are NQR either - Miller, Martin & Bate. At least Newton is capable of a contested mark..

It's sad but true Newton(there I go again) deserves a game ahead of Bate who is clearly not ready and I am just not going to discuss his game yesterday, there are no words to describe it.

I think Newton shouldn't replace Bate, (who is underdone by a couple of games) but rather play as well, helping to take pressure away from him.

But I wouldn't bring him up 'till Rnd 3 for Adelaide.

I'd promote Martin this week as a forward option, as well as Maric & Garland on the bench, for alternating with either Martin forward, or as part of the ruck rotations. ie rotating the 3 rucks, but when Martin has done a stint & goes to the bench, Jamar & Garland could both be forward as Spencer rucks.

Melbourne Weather Forecast for Saturday

Mostly sunny. Winds east to southeasterly averaging up to 35 km/h.

City

Mostly sunny. Min 15 Max 25

Forecast for Sunday

Mostly sunny. Winds east to northeasterly averaging up to 30 km/h.

City Mostly sunny. Min 16 Max 25

Edited by dee-luded

The team that I would like to see next week in these positions:

FB: Cheney Warnock Macdonald

HB: Bennell Frawley Strauss

C: Trengove Moloney Sylvia

HF: Scully Rivers Davey

FF: Bruce Jamar Green

Foll: Martin McDonald Grimes

Int: Bate Jones Petterd McKenzie

OUT: Dunn, Miller, Spencer

IN: Sylvia, Martin, Cheney

Load the forward line with as much experience as possible. Bruce, Green and Jamar will at least provide a contest and know when and where to lead. I'm not so keen on Martin the ruck, I think he needs to be played down back but Spencer doesn't exactly excite me and Jamar is needed as a target up forward.

I'd like to see Rivers up forward too, he has very good hands and reads the play well, worth a shot.

The only other option I'd be tempted with is to bring in Newton. I know his limitations, but all of our other key forwards are NQR either - Miller, Martin & Bate. At least Newton is capable of a contested mark..

Which Newton are you referring to?? Do we have another one other than Michael???? There's no way you're talking about Michael "First haemophiliac to play AFL" Newton as being capable of a contested mark.

Which Newton are you referring to?? Do we have another one other than Michael???? There's no way you're talking about Michael "First haemophiliac to play AFL" Newton as being capable of a contested mark.

Ha! Harsh! But if Newton plays, I'LL SPEW UP!

Bart: Remember when Tom had you in that headlock and you screamed, "I'm a hemophiliac!," and when he let you go, you kicked him in the back?

Homer: Yeah.

Bart: Will you teach me how to do that?

Homer: Sure, boy. First, you gotta shriek like a woman and keep sobbing until he turns away in disgust. That's when it's time to kick some back. And then when he's lying down on the ground,...

Bart: Yeah.

Homer: Kick him in the ribs.

Homer: Step on his neck.

Homer: And run like hell.

Shuffling deck chairs on the titanic.

It's better than running around screaming, or punching holes in the hull.

EDIT: My team for the weekend:

FB: Rivers Warnock Martin

HB: MacDonald Frawley Grimes

C: Bate McDonald Miller

HF: Sylvia Petterd Trengove

FF: Davey Newton Green

Foll: Jamar Jones Scully

INT: Bruce McKenzie Moloney Strauss

OUT: Dunn, Spencer, Bennell

IN: Sylvia, Martin, Newton

Martin in the backline, where he belongs

Miller and Bate on the wings, where I think they play their best free-roaming footy.

Jamar in the ruck, because we have no one else.

Newton at full-forward, because he can actually make a contest.

Davey in the forward pocket, to pick up the crumbs.

Scully as a rover, the position he was born to play.

Bruce on the bench, because they'll never drop him.

Petterd at CHF, because he's the only one who knows how to lead, mark and kick a goal.

Grimes in the backline, oozing class like its' some sort of tropical disease.

Spencer out, because he has nothing to bring to the table but a little under two metres of klutziness.

Bennell out, because they won't drop Bruce, and because he's a little too slight for AFL.

Edited by Chook

Load the forward line with as much experience as possible. Bruce, Green and Jamar will at least provide a contest and know when and where to lead. I'm not so keen on Martin the ruck, I think he needs to be played down back but Spencer doesn't exactly excite me and Jamar is needed as a target up forward.

I'd like to see Rivers up forward too, he has very good hands and reads the play well, worth a shot.

Im keen on the idea of Jamar going forward but Rivers!!! To say he has good hands after last weekends effort is crazy? Who would replace rivers down back? Our Backline was terrible last weekend and Rivers was one of the better players. Miller could go back, but I would rather see him go into the ruck and Jamar play as a permanent forward?

Out: Miller, Dunn, Bennell.

In: Martin, Sylvia, Bartram.

Its good that Trengove did so well in his first game, going to be a star for sure.

Sad that more experienced players did so poorly in so many areas of the game. Step up or go.

Team: Melbourne

Backs: K.Cheney, M.Warnock, J.Frawley

Half backs: J.Grimes, J.Rivers, B.Green

Centreline: J.Trengove, B.Moloney, J.Bennell

Half forwards: A. Davey, B.Miller, C.Sylvia

Forwards: C.Bruce, M.Bate, S.Martin

Followers: M. Jamar, J.McKenzie, Jr.McDonald

I/C: J.Spencer, N.Jones, T.Scully, Jl.MacDonald

Emg: R.Petterd C.Garland L.Dunn J.Strauss A.Maric C.Bartram R.Bail,

F Davey Green Petterd

HF Sylvia Watts Trengove

C Jetta Moloney Grimes

HB Cheney Frawley Rivers

B Bennell Warnock Strauss

R Jamar Scully Mckenzie

I Jones Martin Maric Gysberts

Once we get pumped by Collingwood and the same senior players let us down ( I don't think the club is brave enough to drop all the older duds at once) this is the team I would like to see play round 3.

The future starts now.

I came to my senses overnight and left Newton out - Who was I kidding

F Davey Green Petterd

HF Sylvia Watts Trengove

C Jetta Moloney Grimes

HB Cheney Frawley Rivers

B Bennell Warnock Strauss

R Jamar Scully Mckenzie

I Jones Martin Maric Gysberts

Once we get pumped by Collingwood and the same senior players let us down ( I don't think the club is brave enough to drop all the older duds at once) this is the team I would like to see play round 3.

The future starts now.

I came to my senses overnight and left Newton out - Who was I kidding

Injury List

Injury list as at 23 March 2010

- Colin Sylvia – Jaw – 1 week

- Paul Johnson – Foot – 1-2 weeks

- Neville Jetta – Groin – 3-4 weeks

- Daniel Bell - Shoulder – 4-5 weeks

- Cale Morton – Knee – 6-8 weeks

- Liam Jurrah - Shoulder – 14 weeks

- John Meesen – Ankle – Indefinite

- Max Gawn – Knee – Indefinite

- Luke Tapscott – Hip – Indefinite

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/injury%20list/tabid/8752/default.aspx

The one and only thing that Newton done at AFL level was to take mark of the year.

OR

Miller has a beautiful wife

I know it's a tough decision and both points have their positives, I'm just glad don't have to make it.