DEJA VU REVISITED AGAIN

Demonland

Almost here, I get the pleasure of driving past the MCG every week day, I can't wait to get there tomorrow. It will be hot tomorrow we have been smart at the selection table. I think we will line up as follows:

MacDonald Warnock Frawley

Bennell Rivers McDonald

Davey Moloney Bruce

Trengove Miller Bate

Petterd Jamar Green

Spencer Jones Grimes

Scully Dunn McKenzie Strauss

If we can stick with Hawthorn early I believe we have the running capacity in our team that can over run late in the game. Get the ball deep Jamar will smash Gibson in the air.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for being optimistic, but I think the class of Hodge, Mitchell and Roughhead will get the Dorks over the line. We don't have anyone (Davey included) who is at their level.

(I'll be there though, hoping I'm wronger than I've ever been in my life...)

Despite the youth in both teams (HUN says Hawthorn's average age and average games played are both less than ours), Hawthorn's experienced players are all better than ours. Mitchell, Hodge, Roughead and Brown will dominate in their positions, and that will hurt us.

Having said that, if we can kick some early goals, and maybe get a quick lead established, who knows? We haven't played a game from in front against a decent opponent since who knows when.

Yes alot of J's...

I like the look of that side on paper... if in fact they do line up in those exact positions. A few surprises thrown in with Junior starting at half forward, Grimes at half back, Miller Green Trengove forward line & the inclusion of Strauss Spencer Dunn & McKenzie. I guess Junior is up there to create forward pressure & not for his goal kicking prowess. Grimes spent most of his game time in the backline last year so not a total shock, however, most figured he would play more in the midfield this year(still may). I like Green close to goal to take advantage of his accurate kick. I like Miller close to goal because he is a good size and can take a grab. Also I think that it simplifies the game for him. He doesn't have a natural footballers instincts and is always slow or unsure of himself when he takes posession further up the ground. At least at full forward he should get his touches inside 50m(preferably within 30m) and just go back for a set shot and not worry about being out of range or playing on. Trengove will provide some added forward pressure and from all reports is a good mark for his size and can slot the occasional goal so thats another tick. Dunn may be used as a tagger as in the past and hopefully use his big frame to soften up a few of their mids and create space for ours.

Does this mean Spencer & McKenzie have been elevated onto the senior list? Haven't seen much of McKenzie or Strauss so will reserve judgement & if Spencer can win his share of the ruck and manage to land the ball on his boot this year I will be quite content.

Hope they all get amongst it and provide the 1st boil-over of the year.

They won't line up as they've been listed there.

The J factor.

I bought this up a few weeks ago. for those who didnt see it....

It used to be the “W” factor – White, Wheelan, Wheatly Woey, Ward etc, now the biggest influence I believe in the clubs history will be the “J” factor

The J’s

Fitzpatrick Jack

Grimes Jack

Watts Jack

Trengove Jack

Spencer Jake

McDonald James

Frawley James

Strauss James

Bennell Jamie

Rivers Jared

Macdonald Joel

Meesen John

Gysberts Jordan

McKenzie Jordie

And don’t forget!

Jurrah Liam

Jamar Mark

Jones Nathan

Jetta Neville

Johnson Paul

Our team could look something like this

Backs: Bennel Jamie Frawley James Strauss James

HB’s: Macdonald Joel Rivers Jared McKenzie Jordie

Ctr’s: McDonald James Grimes Jack Gysberts Jordan

HF’s: F/patrick Jack Watts Jack Johnson Paul

FWD’s: Jetta Neville Jurrah Liam Spencer Jake

Rucks: Jamar Mark Trengove Jack Jones Nathan

Res’s: Meesen John Coach: Mahoney Josh

Pres: Stynes Jim V/Pres: Jalland Guy

So that would be:

Backs: Jamie James James

HB's: Joel Jared Jordie

Ctr's: James Jack Jordan

HF's: Jack Jack Johnson

FWD's: Jetta Jurrah Jake

Rucks: Jamar Jack Jones

Res's: John Coach: Josh

Pres: Jim V/Pres: Jalland

So that would be:

Backs: Jamie James James

HB's: Joel Jared Jordie

Ctr's: James Jack Jordan

HF's: Jack Jack Johnson

FWD's: Jetta Jurrah Jake

Rucks: Jamar Jack Jones

Res's: John Coach: Josh

Pres: Jim V/Pres: Jalland

:)

You bet!!

Watch out for Carl Peterson debuting for the Hawks. Showed a lot against the Dogs in the nab cup, theres a lot of Jurrah about him, they look similiar, his got a high leap and he wears number 48 (like Jurrah last year)

Hmmn, good call Steve.

I said last week we shouldn't go in with too many débutantes.

We played like hacks with too little talent & experience. Its hurt our confidence now just when we couldn't afford it.

Now we'll need to rush back some experience, hopefully that in itself won't backfire on us with further injury problems.

Goodluck to the Col's, & poss Martin, Cheney & Maric.