Any news on Flash?

dreamin' man

Ugh, I really want to keep Davey, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

There is nothing I hate more than players who play their own club against others.

I understand family and security is important, but how about teaching your daughters a thing or two about loyalty and mateship. You wouldn't have a career if it wasn't for us picking you up as a 20 year old rookie.

And if you don't stay out of loyalty to the club, how about the loyalty to your brothers?

His brother plays for Essendon.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick 10 and maybe a Leroy Jetta type is about what you are looking at.

You see Ash, that's where the sticking point will be...

I can't see us settling for that, I just can't... If the Flash says he wants to go to Essendon, I see a Ryan O'Keefe scenario happening where there's no trade done, and he'll end up re-signing with Melbourne...

He's one of the best kicks in the competition, and he kicks it lots... Had the most kicks in the comp last season... Given the type of player he is, I think it was an amazing effort to have the season he did in such a poorly performing team...

It's going to have to be Pick 10, and something worth more than Jetta... Something Essendon wouldn't be prepared to give at the trade table, even though they're willing to fork out over $2 million for him...

Guest hangon007
You reckon Essendon overate our own, have a listen to yourself.

So you are saying Davey is not worth a player in Essendons best 22?

C'mon thats not over inflating him!

Essendon obviously think he is ... probably would'nt be chasing him other wise.

Edited by hangon007

Essendon must be absolutely laughing at this point. Worst case scenario for them is that Davey re-signs with Melbourne on a contract that the Dons have helped pump up well beyond his worth. If they get him, it'll possibly be for pick 10 + manure.

If we rate Davey's value as somewhere a little better than pick 10, then if he leaves I'd rather not see us acquire pick 10 + (insert rubbish player's name here). I'd prefer Davey + pick 18 or 34 for pick 10 and a good player who will be a part of the side in the 2013-2016 period. Actually, it doesn't have to unfold like that, as long as we're not adding dud players or late draft picks to make up the difference between Davey and pick 10.

Ugh, I really want to keep Davey, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

There is nothing I hate more than players who play their own club against others.

I understand family and security is important, but how about teaching your daughters a thing or two about loyalty and mateship. You wouldn't have a career if it wasn't for us picking you up as a 20 year old rookie.

And if you don't stay out of loyalty to the club, how about the loyalty to your brothers?

If he insists on 4 years, let him walk. Nobody deserves 4 year deals, let alone soft-tissue-injury prone, inconsistent players.

lol He might be thinking why should I offer loyalty to this club who seems to be getting into the habit of shafting players and might to me in 3 years time?

Wow !! just wow can't believe the storm this has cause here and every other footy froum site

He is a Melbourne player gives his all to the club , has a young family so trying to get the best deal for his/their future

until he has officailly signed to another club I back Aaron and the club all they way

this is a great time in our history with all the young talent and early draft picks , I am excited

Flash has 4 maybe 5 years left in him and I doubt that Essendon will be challenging for a flag in that time, so unless they are deluding themselves I can’t understand why they would want to pay that much for him.

I do agree with your RobbieF (ie i think their list is not good enough as well) but if you remember that Knights got the gig BECAUSE he agreed with the dons board that they DID have a team capable of finals, it actually makes some sense.

lol He might be thinking why should I offer loyalty to this club who seems to be getting into the habit of shafting players and might to me in 3 years time?

If you're referring to McLean, maybe you should listen to his interview. He wanted to go. He was my favourite player as well, and I'm not exactly thrilled about it, but on face value at least, the club did nothing wrong. McLean wanted out, and they did what they had to in order to ensure he ends up at Carlton and we get fairly compensated.

If you're referring to Robbo, Yze, White, Whelan etc... then I'm not going to waste my time. Their time at the club was done.

Perhaps you should look at McDonald as an example instead. If you're worthy of sticking around, the club will let you.

Davey is entitled to go look for the best deal possible, but if what he wants is indeed 4 years and over 2mil, he won't find it at Melbourne. As I said, there is something really tactless about players playing their own club against another and dragging out negotiations. Hopefully this gets resolved. If he walks because we won't match other offers, I'm fine with that too. He does NOT deserve a 4 year deal, period.

If you're referring to McLean, maybe you should listen to his interview. He wanted to go. He was my favourite player as well, and I'm not exactly thrilled about it, but on face value at least, the club did nothing wrong. McLean wanted out, and they did what they had to in order to ensure he ends up at Carlton and we get fairly compensated.

Dear god no Jaded, you should remember your old sig "Fear the Chooka!!!" and who wrote it

If you're referring to Robbo, Yze, White, Whelan etc... then I'm not going to waste my time. Their time at the club was done.

Perhaps you should look at McDonald as an example instead. If you're worthy of sticking around, the club will let you.

Davey is entitled to go look for the best deal possible, but if what he wants is indeed 4 years and over 2mil, he won't find it at Melbourne. As I said, there is something really tactless about players playing their own club against another and dragging out negotiations. Hopefully this gets resolved. If he walks because we won't match other offers, I'm fine with that too. He does NOT deserve a 4 year deal, period.

I also think Davey does not deserve a 4 year deal,

what I meant was as a player, you see your mates getting tipped out Robbo, Yze, White, Whelan etc (whether we think it's the right thing or not) and if that player thinks that's a bit unfair, [censored] etc well it just might change his thoughts on loyalty and make him (them) think that the club is not going to be loyal to them when they get to 29+ (which a 3 year deal takes him too)

Whelan etc

Whelan wasn't tipped out, his body is no longer up to AFL at the top level and he and the club knew it. The club bent over backwards to get him the two games nescessary to get him to 150. IMO he did not deserve his spot in the team in either game, but I also do not begrudge him getting the two games.

A good point. We are a club that is fast developing a reputation of prematurely moving on players that have been loyal servants of our club. You could not blame Flash if he was thinking that he may be in a similar position when next out of contract at the age of 29. You reap what you sow and the clean out over the past few years has had consequences I don't think anyone has given much thought about.

4 years appears too much to me. it's up to aaron to prove he is worth it. let's hope he doesnt get complacent now that he has 4 years.

congrats to davey on the new contract.

I'm not that worried. Aaron Davey's story, current playing ability and potential contribution to the indigenous culture of the MFC is priceless.