Rumour around the Traps:

Jared Rivers + Pick 18 for Boak.

a bit of logic to this.. Boak comes home...Rivers goes home I too would take it a blink..

Id offer pick 34 and Rivers first...see if they bite.. that gives you room to ante up to clinch it.

too logical to ever happen...:lol:

Edited by belzebub59

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't, I'd prefer to draft Trengove with pick 2.

For me picks 1 & 2 are off limits. Just my view.

Im with you ther HIgh Tower,i wouldnt give up our picks 1 or 2 for anything.Theyre ours to keep & will be to valuable.Id think about 18 for Boak but would be good if they would take 34 & bell

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I hope not. I don't care how good Boak is. A fit and firing Rivers runs the backline.

Rivers is the General in the Backline. Who Takes over from him??

Next year we start winning, no more list management seasons.

We can't afford 13,000 people for a home game next year.

Im with you ther HIgh Tower,i wouldnt give up our picks 1 or 2 for anything.Theyre ours to keep & will be to valuable. Id think about 18 for Boak but would be good if they would take 34 & bell

Id think about 18 for Boak but would be good if they would take 34 & bell

Id offer Rivers, Bell + 34, they probably wouldn't go for it. But that would be my limit, aside from the preseason draft, Pick 1.

We need to keep the first 2 picks for the mids we need, and pick 18 would be then required to recruit that tall forward we need, unless we can do another trade for a further, early 2nd Rnd pick.

Edited by dee-luded

No way! Never trading Rivers, he's the leader of our defence and with Rivers, Garland, Frawley, Warnock & Bennell all there we have a premiership defence in the waiting.

Rivers is the General in the Backline. Who Takes over from him??

Sean Wellman.

Warnock can cover the big bodies, Garland to take the athletic types, Frawley can do both. Still think Martin's best possie is the back.

Rivers doesn't really create run but I've earmarked Bennell and Strauss for that job.

Rivers is good but he can be covered. Boak is going to be a really good player. IMO better then Salopek. Rivers and pick 18 would be a steal.

Sean Wellman.

Warnock can cover the big bodies, Garland to take the athletic types, Frawley can do both. Still think Martin's best possie is the back.

Rivers doesn't really create run but I've earmarked Bennell and Strauss for that job.

Rivers is good but he can be covered. Boak is going to be a really good player. IMO better then Salopek. Rivers and pick 18 would be a steal.

Rivers has just played an injury free season, will get a full preseason and now we want to trade him. Not necessary, he's going to be one of our best in year's to come.

I'd trade Rivers for the right deal. As I would have last year and the year before.

The way I see it, if we're going to pick up Scully & Trengove picks 1 & 2 (2 midfielders), and we already have Grimes, Blease, Strauss, Davey, Morton, McLean & Jones (all midfielders). Then why on earth would we trade one of our KP defenders to get yet another midfielder? I know Boak is going to be good but Rivers is still our best defender IMO.

McNamara will be better than Rivers.

You honestly couldnt say that bassed on the amount of games his played.

Remmeber rivers is just starting to string games together, remember he is the first ever rising star defender.

McNamara will be better than Rivers.

Far to early to make that call, and I haven't seen anything to suggest that McNamara will even be a regular in our team yet let alone a better player then Rivers.

The way I see it, if we're going to pick up Scully & Trengove picks 1 & 2 (2 midfielders), and we already have Grimes, Blease, Strauss, Davey, Morton, McLean & Jones (all midfielders). Then why on earth would we trade one of our KP defenders to get yet another midfielder? I know Boak is going to be good but Rivers is still our best defender IMO.

Clearly we disagree. In fact Rivers isn't in my preferred team for 2012. He's just not quick or athletic enough. Yes, he reads the play well, but I prefer Warnock on the bigger bodied forwards, Garland who's fast and can play tall and small, plus the 195cm Frawley. There's backup with Martin and MacNamara if need be and I have the strong marking Green on one flank and the laser like kick Strauss on the other. Bennell takes a small.

Very happy to move Rivers on for a quality draft pick. Unfortunately his currency in the market may not be great despite his somewhat injury free year.

He's a good player, but I'm far from wedded to him. You're a fan - fair enough.

You honestly couldnt say that bassed on the amount of games his played.

Remmeber rivers is just starting to string games together, remember he is the first ever rising star defender.

I'm saying it based on what I've seen of McNamara since he came over, watched him @ Sandy, just as I wanted Matthew Warnock, Col garland, Austin Wonnamirri, Steph Martin, & Shane Valenti.

From what I see, I think Tommy's got a great footy brain, beautifull skills, great composure, good dash, with an attacking flair that we witnessed last week a few times, plus the skills to execute when he's pushed forward.

Imo, he can also play CHF.

I think that in a season or 2, we could see either McNamara or Morton hold down the attacking CHB role.

Edited by dee-luded

none of these rubbish trades will be accepted...

As some have already pointed out, Mark Williams won't take a reduced deal, he lost Nick Stevens for nothing years ago, clubs no he won't be settling for rubbish offers.

Secondly, if it is in fact Travis Boak we're talking about, he wants to go to Carlton, not Melbourne... I could see Carlton easily offering something more than Daniel Bell and Pick 34 like a few have touted in this thread...

If he has his heart set on Carlton and refuses to endorse a trade with any other club, the way this will work is Carlton and Port will play hard ball. They may strike up a trade, and Carlton will get him. However if no deal is done and Boak is still set on returning to Melbourne we get him in the pre-season draft... Otherwise he stays at Port...

If he's open to other Melbourne clubs, then we could perhaps trade for him, but this is extremely unlikely. Pick 18 and another player with more ability than Daniel Bell would be required at a minimum, as I would imagine Carlton would be willing to offer more than this to secure him, especially in the knowledge that Mark Williams will not fold to a dodgy deal and would rather release him into the draft.

I'm saying it based on what I've seen of McNamara since he came over, watched him @ Sandy, just as I wanted Matthew Warnock, Col garland, Austin Wonnamirri, Steph Martin, & Shane Valenti.

From what I see, I think Tommy's got a great footy brain, beautifull skills, great composure, good dash, with an attacking flair that we witnessed last week a few times, plus the skills to execute when he's pushed forward.

I think that in a season or 2, we could see either McNamara or Morton hold down the attacking CHB role.

I'm not sure he can hold down CHB, more a HBFer for mine, but I too have been very impressed since the first time I saw Tmac play a full game.

Seems anyone Sean Wellman gets his hands on becomes a poised, reliable, take-em-on type defender. I've hated our backline since the day Ingerson retired. Now I love it, we're in good hands.

I'd trade Rivers too for the right price. I'm a fan, but I'm a fan of all our defenders, we can afford to shop one around.

I'd trade Rivers too for the right price. I'm a fan, but I'm a fan of all our defenders, we can afford to shop one around.

As much as I like Rivers, if we were to shop around for a quality trade, he'd be one of very few. Jones might be the other. Whilst it may hurt a little, I've come to my senses. You can't but help focus on the prize. We do have depth within our defenders. Whilst he still has value, there might not be a better time. We've got Warnock to take the gorilla's - or what's left of the gorilla's these days. Frawley & Garland are more than capable, and we have young up & comers with some games under their belts in Bennell, Cheney, McNamara and the likes of Strauss still to play and any other adaptable options in Green, Martin & Co.

If the club did get serious with Boak, they can always splash some cash to see him through to the PSD.

Yea, im liking what ive seen from Tom soo far aswell, he also could be more versatile and play forward.

But i also love rivers soooo. I wouldnt want to be making a call if it were out of the two.

I'm not sure he can hold down CHB, more a HBFer for mine, but I too have been very impressed since the first time I saw Tmac play a full game.

Seems anyone Sean Wellman gets his hands on becomes a poised, reliable, take-em-on type defender. I've hated our backline since the day Ingerson retired. Now I love it, we're in good hands.

"I'm not sure he can hold down CHB, more a HBFer for mine"

Agreed, at the moment he's only strong enough to play a flank/backpocket type posi, but give him another 1 or 2 preseasons & I think he'll grow into a player who can take that role. He wants to play key position.

Morton as well could play there in the back as an attacking Key Back. I like that flexability to mix 'n' match for our best matchups out of defence.

As much as I like Rivers, if we were to shop around for a quality trade, he'd be one of very few. Jones might be the other. Whilst it may hurt a little, I've come to my senses. You can't but help focus on the prize. We do have depth within our defenders. Whilst he still has value, there might not be a better time. We've got Warnock to take the gorilla's - or what's left of the gorilla's these days. Frawley & Garland are more than capable, and we have young up & comers with some games under their belts in Bennell, Cheney, McNamara and the likes of Strauss still to play and any other adaptable options in Green, Martin & Co.

If the club did get serious with Boak, they can always splash some cash to see him through to the PSD.

Jones is just starting to come good, did you see those spearing kicks he's done just over the last few weeks. I think he's tried experimenting with taking more risk with his kicking, (self belief) & it's, IMO, paying dividends.

the only one thats been touched up is you all day,you have no idea about football,i would put anyone in charge of our picks before you, you should put a dunce hat on and sit in the corner with YM and freak.

Well that was constructive...

(I know, this wasn't either, but still, it really didn't need to be said and someone needs to call him on it)

Boak is a very good player.

But I still haven't opened my Blease present from last christmas and this chrissy I'm promised two very good mids.

Rivers is tradeable, there aren't many who are not...

But Scully, Blease and Trengove/Morabito change the landscape a bit.

Blease is the forgotten man, but I saw a little bit of him last year and he reminded me so much of Boomer Harvey...

We'll see...