• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Some home truths

Yze_Magic

week after week Bruce wins the hard ball and delivers with an efficiency we can only hope a few of our players inherit.he is so far in front of our next best player this year,davey next but he is not hurting anyone.

Surely you are joking?

Bruce wins the hard ball.... delivers with efficiency... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Cameron Bruce - a laughable effort ......."

laughable,wow considering he was taking on an elite midfield single handed.week after week Bruce wins the hard ball and delivers with an efficiency we can only hope a few of our players inherit.he is so far in front of our next best player this year,davey next but he is not hurting anyone.

actually maybe we're misconstruing his words here...as I too fervently hope only a few ever deliver a ball in the manner Bruce does !! :lol::rolleyes: ..infact the fewer the better !! ;)

I just love the RPFC and HANNANBAL tag team act, but first one point at a time.

First, Hannanbal if you care to read my personnal description you will find out I am a male, you cant even be bothered to do your homework before you try to sink the slipper in. Or is it you just cant read.

Second Rpfc, you had me rereading my burst that you quoted. I didnt think I mentioned Richmond at all but I just reread it to make sure, I just couldnt see you a person of such high moral standards and superior intellect misquoting me. But guess what no Richmond.

If i believe the mighty DEES would be better served by deliberately losing games I would say so, but I dont. I believe teams get better by playing better, by improving, notice our back line last year, tried their guts out, and improved. This year of late our forward line has shown improvement, they have straightened up our kicking into there.

Yesterday we were killed out of the center in the first qtr, BUT WE KEPT TRYING. And as you correctly quoted me we were some sort of outside chance wit 10 min. to go. How many teams can say that down there? Very many teams have been thrashed there.

And for what its worth, why are so many of the texters afraid to put their details on the site? If you use your brains you can figure out my name, even what I look like! Use your brains, and yes have other opinions to me its your right but please quote correctly and use the brains the good god gave you.

I just love the RPFC and HANNANBAL tag team act, but first one point at a time.

First, Hannanbal if you care to read my personnal description you will find out I am a male, you cant even be bothered to do your homework before you try to sink the slipper in. Or is it you just cant read.

Clearly I can read better than you spell. Anyway, why would I bother reading your personal information ? Your gender matters little to me. I merely didn't want to refer to you as a male in case you weren't. But you do sound a little female.

And sink what slipper in ? I merely corrected your silly assertion.

Btw, I tag team nobody.

Surely you are joking?

Bruce wins the hard ball.... delivers with efficiency... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gave me a good laugh too.

If you can't support this club and its players, look elsewhere.

What does this mean?

We have won 11 games out of the last 60.

Surely you jest.

They receive our plaudits when they do well, but when they play like they did in that first quarter people are well within their rights to criticise.

Especially when the offenders in that first were our 'senior' players, or 'leaders' - if they could be described as such.

I'm not a doomsayer when it comes to this club but misplaced (or not) criticism from fans would be the least of its concerns.

Second Rpfc, you had me rereading my burst that you quoted. I didnt think I mentioned Richmond at all but I just reread it to make sure, I just couldnt see you a person of such high moral standards and superior intellect misquoting me. But guess what no Richmond.

I took it for what it was worth - a facetious, pointless remark about the 'tank team.'

That is what you want, you want to lose, those players are doing what you are drooling about to get the great god scully.

Why should those players care and try [if they arnt] when their so called supporters dont care, the supporters DONT what them to win.

Could the lord high poobar of team tank please tell people when we are allowed to win?

I want to win. I want to win the whole fracking thing. Our interests toward that end lend me to believe that we should be as young as possible and adventurous as possible against Richmond and NM.

Drooling over Scully I ain't. I want two of the best prospects for my club, given to the worst teams. And with a win loss record of 11 and 49 since 2007 I want the club to do what is in their best interests.

Continue with the self-righteous rantings and I will continue to set you straight.

Wouldnt a freo win make in more chance of us finishing last? *scullly*

:rolleyes:

We can get the first pick without the wooden spoon if we don't win more than four games.

I'd take picks 1 and 3 and no wooden spoon than picks 1 & 2 with the wooden spoon.

Also, a win to West Coast means they will not qualify for the priority pick.

:rolleyes:

We can get the first pick without the wooden spoon if we don't win more than four games.

I'd take picks 1 and 3 and no wooden spoon than picks 1 & 2 with the wooden spoon.

Also, a win to West Coast means they will not qualify for the priority pick.

Ahhk, but still im very worried in winning more than four.

Top 25 possesion winners and effiency. Bruce you are a gem.

1. Dane Swan - 70%

2. Gary Ablett - 75%

3. Sam Mitchell - 75%

4. Joel Selwood - 76%

5. Matthew Boyd - 69.89%

6. Chris Judd - 69.72% (Worst)

7. Kane Cornes - 76%

8. Shane Tuck - 71%

9. Leigh Montagna - 72%

10. Cameron Bruce - 80% (2nd best)

11. Nick Dal Santo - 74%

12. Paul Chapman - 75%

13. Luke Power - 73%

14. Daniel Cross - 83% (best)

15. Bryce Gibbs - 75%

16. Brendon Goddard - 76%

17. Paul Hasleby - 73%

18. Brent Stanton - 74%

19. Scott Pendlebury - 78%

20. Jimmy Bartel - 75%

21. Rhyce Shaw - 79%

22. Marc Murphy - 75%

23. Brent Moloney - 75%

24. Joel Corey - 72%

25. Bernie Vince - 79%

I know stats dont tell the whole story but clearly we would be a far worse team without Bruce.

Gives his all for the club and any other club would of loved to have got 200 games of service out of him.

Wrong topic but Moloney for Captain.

Agree with this, sort of. Of the four, Brock is definitely the one worth persisting with. To be fair, Davey was tagged out of the game too. Brock needs a preseason next year, needs to do whatever it takes to get him fully fit. I thought he was playing injured until the past two weeks when he showed no signs of it. Players who star against the duds and disappear against the top teams are a liability, but Brock definitely deserves another season to see if he can play well against top teams. If he can, he'll be valuable for the future.

I think too that if Bruce is to be criticised for his delivery, so should Jones and probably Moloney. Though at least they get the hard ball.

Robbo I feel sorry for. Hard to blame him for being not tall enough or fast enough for a key forward. But he's another who might do well against bottom teams but go missing against top opposition. We just can't afford that in 2010 and beyond. And that's the point.

Cam Bruce is very rarely beaten one on one and his kicking is no better or worse than most of the current MFC players. He is often seen fighting for the ball in packs but no one seems to want to notice that.

Robbo - Played against Scarlett, one of the best FB's to have played the game. I'd hope that one bad day against a player of his calibre wouldn't be the basis of his delisting.

Bruce - Has a terrific work rate, his disposal is very good for the most part, could teach Brock a thing or two.

Brock - Does not seem right. This has been his worst year so far. Take the rest of the year off, get fit, get your body right and come back ready to fire next year.

J-Mac - The least inspirational captain in the league. He's been a wonderful servant and a good footballer. Thanks for everything you've given.

Green - Next captain of the MFC

Grimes & Maloney - Next VC's of the MFC

Robbo - Played against Scarlett, one of the best FB's to have played the game. I'd hope that one bad day against a player of his calibre wouldn't be the basis of his delisting.

Agree.

I think a decision has already been made on Robbo.

Hey, i think we are being too harsh on Brock, the guy hasnt done a pre season in 2 years so of course he is out of sorts, slow, going backwards etc. Give him a full pre season working on speed and what not and you will notice the difference! ease up ppl

you have got to be kidding .His worst attribute is his disposal,He turns the ball over all the time.Iwould be trading him for whatever you can get.Just lookat travis johnson who cant get a game at brisbane and he was a better player than mclean

you have got to be kidding .His worst attribute is his disposal,He turns the ball over all the time.Iwould be trading him for whatever you can get.Just lookat travis johnson who cant get a game at brisbane and he was a better player than mclean

Against PA he was one of our better players and was good against WC as well. IMO he is nowhere near fit and yes he has played a couple of howlers. This would annoy no-one more that Brock.

As has been ponted ot before when you have a midfield of battlers players are promoted into responsibilities beyond thier reckoning. Brock shouldn't be our number 1 or 2 midfileder and as with Jones he would look a whole lot better with some smart ball carriers running beside him.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
What does this mean?

We have won 11 games out of the last 60.

Surely you jest.

They receive our plaudits when they do well, but when they play like they did in that first quarter people are well within their rights to criticise.

Especially when the offenders in that first were our 'senior' players, or 'leaders' - if they could be described as such.

I'm not a doomsayer when it comes to this club but misplaced (or not) criticism from fans would be the least of its concerns.

That is crap. All I've seen on this board this year is people bagging players when we lose and then mostly the same people pissing and moaning the the same players cost us a PP when we win. For sure, I only joined recently so I can only go on what I have seen but what I have seen is lose a game and you are crap and should be delisted. Win a game and you've let the team down. :wacko:

A bit of consistancy would be nice.

That is crap. All I've seen on this board this year is people bagging players when we lose and then mostly the same people pissing and moaning the the same players cost us a PP when we win. For sure, I only joined recently so I can only go on what I have seen but what I have seen is lose a game and you are crap and should be delisted. Win a game and you've let the team down. :wacko:

Don't upset the elders :lol: Most amusing is the mood of this forum can completely change from week to week on a single performance, and Impatience must be contagious around here.

Edited by Mr Morton

That is crap. All I've seen on this board this year is people bagging players when we lose and then mostly the same people pissing and moaning the the same players cost us a PP when we win.

Abit of the truth would be better too.

No one has been claiiming that individual players have cost us a PP when MFC win.