• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Some home truths

Yze_Magic

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YM is a disgrace and should be banned forever.

Brock has not improved in three years.

Junior and Bruce have there best behind them. Bruce is still capable of very good play and displays it occasionally. Junior not so much. Club champs at their end. YM should be on his knobbly little knees thanking them for their service and willing sacrifice.

Robbo is done, see above.

And for all those fools thinking that we're great team waiting or that bailey cannot coach, today was a nice indication of what we need and why we cannot win. We do not have a midfield.

As I understand it, these forums are by their very nature, a tool designed for Fan/s to discuss & share opinions/thoughts on their teams & idols or not.

Perhaps you'd like to ban free speech, or democracy?

Don't you like people having the ability to their independant opinion, you've expressed your desire to have control over others?

I think it is funny how people give YM a reaction. Big deal he has a slightly over the top view on some players, if you don't like it get over it.

Y.M. calls it as he sees it, some people cannot deal with that.

In some ways it is a reason why the club has floundered for 45 years

Time for some home truths about some real battlers.

Russell Robertson - is well and truly finished. There was talk on the commentary if he should get another contract next year. I can only assume they were kidding. Spends more time lying on the ground with fake injuries than running around getting a kick.

Cameron Bruce - a laughable effort today in his 200th. Classic dinky hand passes putting team mates under pressure, constant fumbles, running from contests. It was all there on display today. Who was the genius that gave him a 3 year deal? Untradeble as no other team will touch him.

Brock McLean - his career is going backwards at a rapid rate. Can not handle a tag. Time for the coaching staff to give him an ultimatum. Shape up or ship out. Completely out of the running for next skipper, thats for sure.

James McDonald - has given plenty to the MFC over the years, and has put his body on the line time and time again. But the game has passed him well and truly. I suspect he knows this, and will hang up the boots at years end.

Information provided by a REAL BATTLER! ( Battling to understand what it takes to be an elite AFL player. Absolutely no respect for three of our best players. Mr Know All Negative poster of the century. Quick to criticize , slow to praise.

Information provided by a REAL BATTLER! ( Battling to understand what it takes to be an elite AFL player. Absolutely no respect for three of our best players. Mr Know All Negative poster of the century. Quick to criticize , slow to praise.

I well remember reading the Paper last year when Y.M. was Quoted off this very site. Talking about Draft Picks & what we missed out on.

I totally agreed with what was said.

This Club has recruited well but still needs to Recruit More, then Toughen up.

The 4 players mentioned have been around a long time, & have had many chances to stamp Authority on the club.

No doubt they have given there all, but ultimately fallen short.

"The Times they are a changing"

Time for some home truths about some real battlers.

Russell Robertson - is well and truly finished. There was talk on the commentary if he should get another contract next year. I can only assume they were kidding. Spends more time lying on the ground with fake injuries than running around getting a kick.

Cameron Bruce - a laughable effort today in his 200th. Classic dinky hand passes putting team mates under pressure, constant fumbles, running from contests. It was all there on display today. Who was the genius that gave him a 3 year deal? Untradeble as no other team will touch him.

Brock McLean - his career is going backwards at a rapid rate. Can not handle a tag. Time for the coaching staff to give him an ultimatum. Shape up or ship out. Completely out of the running for next skipper, thats for sure.

James McDonald - has given plenty to the MFC over the years, and has put his body on the line time and time again. But the game has passed him well and truly. I suspect he knows this, and will hang up the boots at years end.

Russell Robertson/ should finish, but I wonder if MFC are looking to give him one more as we get through the forwardline transition. I wonder if Miller is in for trade???

Cameron Bruce/ gets a lot of the ball, runs to recieve, but butchers the delivery. I can't help but feel he would be more use to us feeding the pill out, to someone who is a good user of the ball.

Brock McLean/ playing injured & most teams have slowish players in their teams, the trick is to not have too many on the field at the one time. Brocky will give many years of great service to the DEES, i'm sure.

James McDonald/ IMO he could go 'round again, but I think for the future draftees coming to the club, & the ones who need a run next season, spots have to be made available for the likes of blease, strauss, mckenzie, mcnamara, maric, ??skully??

James's may well be helping those kids off field?

Hey Mr Morton, Cale played a ripper today. Get him into the new Gym & he will be a beauty <_<

Why ? he played a ripper did he not :P

This obsession with getting big :huh:..... haha but yes he needs to put on a bit more bulk. Not quite sure how to take the face you put on the end :D

Hey Mr Morton, Cale played a ripper today. Get him into the new Gym & he will be a beauty <_<

He looked a bit more like a forward today, positioned his body well for a mark @ the goal square, good goal sense. Seemed to have some forward nouse.

I might have to reconsider my previous thinking, (he is not a forward)?

He looked a bit more like a forward today, positioned his body well for a mark @ the goal square, good goal sense. Seemed to have some forward nouse.

I might have to reconsider my previous thinking, (he is not a forward)?

He was recruited as a midfielder who can go forward. Just needs time :D

He had his stint down back to build the defensive side of his game, hopefully they can keep him in midfield and down forward from now on.

Russell Robertson/ should finish, but I wonder if MFC are looking to give him one more as we get through the forwardline transition. I wonder if Miller is in for trade???

Cameron Bruce/ gets a lot of the ball, runs to recieve, but butchers the delivery. I can't help but feel he would be more use to us feeding the pill out, to someone who is a good user of the ball.

Brock McLean/ playing injured & most teams have slowish players in their teams, the trick is to not have too many on the field at the one time. Brocky will give many years of great service to the DEES, i'm sure.

James McDonald/ IMO he could go 'round again, but I think for the future draftees coming to the club, & the ones who need a run next season, spots have to be made available for the likes of blease, strauss, mckenzie, mcnamara, maric, ??skully??

James's may well be helping those kids off field?

Agree with this, sort of. Of the four, Brock is definitely the one worth persisting with. To be fair, Davey was tagged out of the game too. Brock needs a preseason next year, needs to do whatever it takes to get him fully fit. I thought he was playing injured until the past two weeks when he showed no signs of it. Players who star against the duds and disappear against the top teams are a liability, but Brock definitely deserves another season to see if he can play well against top teams. If he can, he'll be valuable for the future.

I think too that if Bruce is to be criticised for his delivery, so should Jones and probably Moloney. Though at least they get the hard ball.

Robbo I feel sorry for. Hard to blame him for being not tall enough or fast enough for a key forward. But he's another who might do well against bottom teams but go missing against top opposition. We just can't afford that in 2010 and beyond. And that's the point.

Why ? he played a ripper did he not :P

This obsession with getting big :huh:..... haha but yes he needs to put on a bit more bulk. Not quite sure how to take the face you put on the end :D

He is still a boy, he needs to build some Muscle but not to much. But he can play. He will be good

Robbo I feel sorry for. Hard to blame him for being not tall enough or fast enough for a key forward. But he's another who might do well against bottom teams but go missing against top opposition. We just can't afford that in 2010 and beyond. And that's the point.

He has one of the best records against Scarlet in the league. One of the few forwards who has regularly beaten him. Sadly, today he was terrible, but don't write off his whole career because of his shoddy games after a major injury.

wow what a surprise.. YM rips on Bruce again.. even when he has was one of our best the last bunch of games.. then he has one poor game.. against the CATS.. and then you start a thread about how he should be let go.. :rolleyes:

he had one bad game.. get over it

He had his stint down back to build the defensive side of his game, hopefully they can keep him in midfield and down forward from now on.

I have not the slightest doubt that Cale will be fine. Just a matter of time IMO.

Agree with this, sort of. Of the four, Brock is definitely the one worth persisting with. To be fair, Davey was tagged out of the game too. Brock needs a preseason next year, needs to do whatever it takes to get him fully fit. I thought he was playing injured until the past two weeks when he showed no signs of it. Players who star against the duds and disappear against the top teams are a liability, but Brock definitely deserves another season to see if he can play well against top teams. If he can, he'll be valuable for the future.

I think too that if Bruce is to be criticised for his delivery, so should Jones and probably Moloney. Though at least they get the hard ball.

Too many of melbournes "Legends" go Walkabout in big games. That's why know one rates us. Its just not a viable excuse.

I Love Robbo & hope he is always welcome within the club but, can we carry him next year........I am not sure.

I got to admit, I've had sort of doubts about Cales slowish reaction time/low intensity, as a midfielder.

Likes to have space to use the ball, not allways available with floods & the like, can imagine him as a tall with a little more weight.

That is what concerns me, is he good enough to be Pro Active on Grand Final Day?? I got my doubts.

Thats why we need 2 topline midfielders. If we get Scully he'll cop a heavy tag quickly. If we have more damaging mids, they can't all get the No1 tagger.

Thats why we need 2 topline midfielders. If we get Scully he'll cop a heavy tag quickly. If we have more damaging mids, they can't all get the No1 tagger.

Correct Brock can do the Pack Work, & get it out to the Speedy Legs of our Draft Picks. Why Doesn't everybody UNDERSTAND this!!!!