Big Bad Bazza

jackie_moon

One of the top teams will grab him. Can see him going to one of Collingwood, Bulldogs or Saints.

Saints have two good forwards and probably no room in the cap.

Pies will probably not want anyone who can interfere with club discipline.

Dogs would appear to be a nice fit for a year or two.

Saints have two good forwards and probably no room in the cap.

Pies will probably not want anyone who can interfere with club discipline.

Dogs would appear to be a nice fit for a year or two.

I wonder if the Swans are keen on Hawkins. They need another presence up there after Bazza. It's important for Sydney. From an AFL perspective. Geelong may consider...?

Imagine him in Geelongs forward line with Mooney :)

I actually think Geelong shoudl consider him, it means that next year they would once again be a massive shot at the flag.

You would think that Geelong would struggle to fit him in their cap. With Rocca finished if I was a betting man I would be going with Collingwood.

One of the top teams will grab him. Can see him going to one of Collingwood, Bulldogs or Saints.

i think Geelong have the greatest need for a FF at present, imagine how damaging Hall would be at the cats with the supply he would be getting

Mooney and Hall in the same forward line would have backmen watching their back :wacko:

I am still FURIOUS he was allowed to play in the 2005 Grand Final Side. Hall is & always was a cheap Dog (remember 1998 First Semi Against the Saints???-I do).

Good Riddance to you Festival. How dare you wear a premiership Medallion.....

I am still FURIOUS he was allowed to play in the 2005 Grand Final Side. Hall is & always was a cheap Dog (remember 1998 First Semi Against the Saints???-I do).

Good Riddance to you Festival. How dare you wear a premiership Medallion.....

Chill baby. Grudges like that can kill you.

I have no problem with the flag medallion. At his peak he was an elite player. From when I saw him in a practice match at Visy park, he was a cheap schoolyard bully who chose to "fight" Garland and Morton and not go the football contest. Its over. There have been many worse who have won medallions and been ordinary footballers.

The Dogs might punt on him but its definitely caveat emptor.

It's being treated wierdly up here, like he is being disloyal abandoning the Swans now, even if he wants out at seasons end leaving now is being regarded with little merit.

That being said......

Barry Hall, Sydney Swans go separate ways after colourful AFL relationship

I am still FURIOUS he was allowed to play in the 2005 Grand Final Side.

I too am a bit split on this one......

He should have served a suspension. I mean seriously you really shouldn't be able to punch a guy in the guts, miles off the ball and be rewarded with a Grand Final appearance.

That being said I wanted the Swans to win so having him there was of great benefit.

But he still punched Maguire, and should have served the penalty dished out to so many other players throughout the course of the season.

But his penalty was not his concern, it was the AFL's, and they let him play so he played and they won, so you can't really blame Hall for wearing a Premiership medallion with pride.

I too am a bit split on this one......

He should have served a suspension. I mean seriously you really shouldn't be able to punch a guy in the guts, miles off the ball and be rewarded with a Grand Final appearance.

That being said I wanted the Swans to win so having him there was of great benefit.

The AFL wanted Sydney to win that Flag no doubt. The same thing happened in '96 with Dunkley. Remember they had the Hearing after the GF! What a joke.

If the same thing Happened at a Melbourne club a suspension would have been given.

Festival Hall will be remembered as a cheap Thug & nothing more.....

Whatever your opnion of Hall is you cant take away his status of reaching elite level which the majority of players will never do

Far too late to start a boxing career at his age if his sights are against world class standard

Doubt another club will pick him up either

Bulldogs might bite, maybe. Their lack of a true power KPF has held them back from really threatening in finals for a few years now. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed interest. Although i wouldn't be surprised if they (or anyone else) didn't.

He's a nut. Great footballer, but absolute lunatic, and on the wrong side of 30. I'm not sure how clubs will react.

I guess i'm just glad he won't be considered by us, Bail's has done a great job getting the culture at our club back on track.

Edited by Doggo

I'd say given his age and the circumstances of him leaving Sydney, I don't think there'd be too many clubs who'd want him. It did mention in the 4 pm news this afternoon he wanted to go into boxing, which I think for him would be quite apt :)

I would happily take him at Melbourne... teach the midfield how to kick to a leading fwd and give the club some much needed agression (no one game doesn't make aggression) his culture on the club wouldn't be a bad things and he is supposed to be a good trainer and works hard no off field incidents more issues on the field which I couldn't give a sh^t about it as its not like he is snorting a ounce up his nose every week. Plus imagine the media for Melbourne it would certain help that as well (even if he didn't hit anyone :rolleyes: )