Natanui better than Watts?

Dane

An excitement machine!!!

Even though I'm still bitter we don't have both Watts and Niknat, I'm still looking forward to seeing Niknat play in 3-4 years.

At least we've got one in the stables. Can't wait for a 20 year Watts and then a 24 yo Watts. Look out.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lad would want to work on his tank "no WC pun intended"

He was almost Justin Madden like in his running ability..... Not very quick at all.....

Other than his speed/fitness he was very impressive.... Can do some nice things in the air and at ground level.... Good luck kid...

Jack is the one we want though.... Without doubt!!

Nic Nat looked amazing last night (Robert Walls fell in love instantly) and compared him to Carl Dietrichs debut?.... What a mark against 3 Richmond "Men"....He will be unbelievable in the future and I will enjoy watching him...

Not sure what Robert Walls is smoking but i saw Big Carl,s debut against us and he had immeadiate impact and destroyed our rucks

The big guys of the day were Ray Gabelich , Polly Farmer and John Nicholls

Natanui will be a crowd magnet no doubt but people who know (Walls) should put his debut in prespective of either being exiting or effective

I would anticipate most people will be looking foward to see him stand on somones head every game

Cant imagine what some of you posters would say if you saw Colemans debut :lol:

Will be a good player like most in the top 10 from the draft last year.

We have Watts, and we have him for the next 10 years. Just enjoy it.

I thought Tyrone Vickery was just as impressive as NikNat last night, will be a good player for the toiges

1 game. He looked impressive but still only had 11 touches.

debut :

under roof at docklands vrs in rain at G

against full strength coll vrs pathetic richmond

in front of 25 ppl vrs 60000 on Q's bday

played against men in WAFL vrs 3 games in VFL

Need I go on? Give Jack another 10kg's and i'll take him any day.

Just been watching a bit of the Richmond - West Coast game, very impressed with Natanui looks like a future superstar, any thoughts from others maybe we should have drafted him instead of Jack. My gut feeling is that Natanui will be a better player than Watts

After one whole game each - BRILLIANT!

Natanui played exactly like I expected - very exciting in bursts but has a lot to learn. He doesn't look like a natural footballer like our boy does but is an freak of nature. Can't wait to watch both of them over the years.......

From a supercoach point of view Watts 42pts vs Natanui 39 pts.

People troll to draw attention to themselves, by talking about the post rationally the troll doesn't get what he wants. In this thread there is only one nuff nuff who is giving the troll what they want, what makes it more embarrasing for that person is that he is doing it to try and make himself look superior to eveyone else.

Stick up for the masses, Son. They need a strong leader like you.

Keep it up.

Oh, and it's good to see that you've studied up on troll behaviour. I'm impressed.

As has been said, it is a bit of a silly topic at this stage but anyway, I'm in.

Naitanui is a phenomenally exciting prospect. I wished he was not from WA and we drafted him, he is a once-in-a-decade player who in truly unique in the competition. This is not to say that he is great or good or anything (which I am sure he will be) but it is to say that he is unlike anything or anyone else. It's a bit like Adam Goodes. No one thought a ruckman could play like Adam Goodes, and now he's not a ruckman but a 6'5" midfielder. The possibilities for Naitanui are boundless. Anyway, enough of my love for him. I have seen a lot more of him than I have of Watts to be fair. I am sure Jackson will become a fantastic player. This post is in no way being negative or anything. My views have nothing to do with the fact that we could have taken Naitanui: as a football fan I am just very excited at the prospect of watching Naitanui develop in to one of the most formidable players in the league in the coming years. Would love Jack Watts to do the same, of course that goes without saying!

As was mentioned by someone on TV during the week, let's not judge either for at least three years. And really we should be waiting until there's 100 games under the belt to seriously assess their capabilities. As #1 and #2 picks they are not going to be delisted or anything so there is no need to make rash calls on them. Both will be good players, if not a lot, lot more.

As has been said, it is a bit of a silly topic at this stage but anyway, I'm in.

Naitanui is a phenomenally exciting prospect. I wished he was not from WA and we drafted him, he is a once-in-a-decade player who in truly unique in the competition. This is not to say that he is great or good or anything (which I am sure he will be) but it is to say that he is unlike anything or anyone else. It's a bit like Adam Goodes. No one thought a ruckman could play like Adam Goodes, and now he's not a ruckman but a 6'5" midfielder. The possibilities for Naitanui are boundless. Anyway, enough of my love for him. I have seen a lot more of him than I have of Watts to be fair. I am sure Jackson will become a fantastic player. This post is in no way being negative or anything. My views have nothing to do with the fact that we could have taken Naitanui: as a football fan I am just very excited at the prospect of watching Naitanui develop in to one of the most formidable players in the league in the coming years. Would love Jack Watts to do the same, of course that goes without saying!

As was mentioned by someone on TV during the week, let's not judge either for at least three years. And really we should be waiting until there's 100 games under the belt to seriously assess their capabilities. As #1 and #2 picks they are not going to be delisted or anything so there is no need to make rash calls on them. Both will be good players, if not a lot, lot more.

Naitanui looked good....but I'm more than happy with Watts. Jack came into our game last week on the big Queen's Birthday game with lots and lots of media hype,. Naitanui never had anywhere near the media hype. GO DEES GO WATTS

Naitanui looked good....but I'm more than happy with Watts. Jack came into our game last week on the big Queen's Birthday game with lots and lots of media hype,. Naitanui never had anywhere near the media hype. GO DEES GO WATTS

Yeah definitely the case, and the hype worked against him I would say. Naitanui's debut was far more low-key and he probably benefitted from it. Can't wait to see his hangers in the coming years! But Watter will be fine, a few pre-seasons in to that upper body and 50 games played and I'm sure he'll start injecting his class in to the side.

I think they both will be great...

I can still remember the Johnstone v Ottens debate and they are BOTH at their second club and it is irrelevant to Richmond and Melbourne who is better now. Lets not stew this over, Nik Nat will probably never be seen in Navy Blue and Red (and now that Pratt is dead probably not is navy blue either).

After watching the game I came in here just to see whether or not someone would be silly enough to start a thread like this, and lo and behold, what do I find? "Is Naitanui better than Watts?"

Ridiculous thread.

Absolutely. Nik Nat played a shite team in Richmond in perfect conditions. Watts played in shishing rain against a team that may make the last 4. If you can evaluate the two after that you a freaking amazing. Let Watts play and lets have a look in 5-6 years FFS

haha as soon as i saw niknat take that mark during the game i knew this would happen.

Its one bloody game, one!!!!! just relax

Cant imagine what YM was thinking at the time :lol:

Why are people getting so defensive lol?

I thought he Nat looked great out there. Showed great skills and he is one of the best althletes I have ever seen.

11 touches

2 contested marks

Got close to kicking a goal.

Looked pretty good under pressure for his age.

Good on him and I think he will be a SUPERSTAR just like Jack Watts :D

Nic Nat spent a full season playing WAFL last year, of course he is more advanced. Good luck to him.

He is also a W.A Boy through & through, so would have only stayed with us for 2-3 years (scott Thompson re-visited)

Charlie has been playing schoolboy footy. Big Difference. I hope he gets another game against Essendon-He will now be aware of the Pace & reaction time expected at Top Level.

BTW West Coke are Tanking For sure-There effort on Saturday night was deplorable. Wake up AFL