• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

West Tank Eagles

Strawbsodwyer

Is it just me or is anyone concerned that west coast are going to seriously tank and win only one more game for the season?

Call me negative but I believe it is crucial that we pick up 1 & 2 as it will allow us to pick up a gun midfielder (scully) and a key forward/ruckman without having to be compromised by hoping that west tank don't pick up a player we need.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is anyone concerned that west coast are going to seriously tank and win only one more game for the season?

No it's not just you at all. I've got no doubt that West Coast will be doing everything in their power to ensure that they too receive a PP. Worsfold spent a considerable amount of time talking about 'list management' on Saturday morning on AW when the question was raised. Good picks and getting games into kids will fast track their success. It's not rocket science and Worsfold isn't stupid.

Whether they can orchestrate such a scenario is another thing. They don't have a lot of room to move.

No it's not just you at all. I've got no doubt that West Coast will be doing everything in their power to ensure that they too receive a PP. Worsfold spent a considerable amount of time talking about 'list management' on Saturday morning on AW when the question was raised. Good picks and getting games into kids will fast track their success. It's not rocket science and Worsfold isn't stupid.

Whether they can orchestrate such a scenario is another thing. They don't have a lot of room to move.

That would be like sitting down back in economy between two Sumo wrestlers.

I'd imagine. :lol:

Watch selections & betting as a guide. ;)

I'm not worried. They have two matches against Richmond to come, and the one at Subi should be theirs for the taking. They play us again and I don't see us winning it without forwards. Add to that the Western Derby which they will absolutely try to win, and there shouldn't be a problem.

Richmond may be another story. They will have a caretaker coach who isn't trying to win to keep his spot. Hell be doing his best to rebuild the playing group, starting with draft picks. We'll probably see s lot of fringe players getting game time trying to prove they should be kept on the list as well. I think they are a real chance to beat us to the spoon.

I'm not worried. They have two matches against Richmond to come, and the one at Subi should be theirs for the taking.

I'm not worried. They have two matches against Richmond to come, and the one at Subi should be theirs for the tanking.

That probably reads better!

I'm not worried. They have two matches against Richmond to come, and the one at Subi should be theirs for the taking. They play us again and I don't see us winning it without forwards. Add to that the Western Derby which they will absolutely try to win, and there shouldn't be a problem.

Richmond may be another story.

You may be right and yes Richmond are also a concern. Supporters would be naive to think that clubs won't want to take advantage of this draft before GC and WS.

I'm not as convinced as you are. Richmond plays Subiaco well (as evidenced by last Saturday). West Coast have a lot of problems. They've got one forward, one defender, one midfielder and one ruckman. The rest of the team is developing.

The derby will be one opportunity for them to get a win. Other than that, I'm not sure where the other win will come from. Us, possibly, but they suck majorly in Melbourne.

Guest sticksmorton
they also play each other in round 22 at Subi!

Thats good news, thats a win for us!

What happens say if, we finnish bottom with less than four wins and WC finnishes 15th with less than four wins how are they shared?

Or say if we finnish 15th with less than 4 wins, what happens then?

You may be right and yes Richmond are also a concern. Supporters would be naive to think that clubs won't want to take advantage of this draft before GC and WS.

It's on a knife's edge, we've got Richmond and North, and the weak interstaters WC, Freo and Port all at the MCG.

Richmond and WC do play each other twice so that is helpful.

Worsfold was unambiguous about what it takes to turn around his list and be successful within 5 years. He is tanking for sure. WC haven't won away from Subi since Adam was a boy and at Subi they've got Geelong, St.Kilda, Hawthorn, Freo (who seem to always win the derby), Essendon , North and Richmond in R22. Expect this last one to be a nil-all draw unless the Richmond caretaker is auditioning. I would not be surprised to see them lose the lot and finish on 3 wins. However WC's % is very good at 88% cf ours at 73%.

Freo are a worry too, they could do anything. They have 3 wins and should win the derby, beyond that it's quite possible they'll lose everything. Our R20 match v them will be significant to the final standings. At least Harvey will be trying to win to save his job.

I'm less concerned about Richmond, their caretaker should be trying - I think they'll beat WC twice and have the talent to pull off an upset. Again our match against them in R18 will be significant.

North only need one more win for 5. Laidley will be trying to win.

If I had to call it now I'd tip us winning more than WC and that would give them 1st pick even if we don't win 5.

Titan, we have one defender, no forwards, no ruckman and one midfielder - the rest of our team is developing

Well, that's questionable. I rate Warnock as a defender, alongside Rivers. So that's two...

I guess that makes the 4th of July an important day in our club's history then.

I'm less concerned about Richmond, their caretaker should be trying - I think they'll beat WC twice and have the talent to pull off an upset. Again our match against them in R18 will be significant.

Same here. Think Mark Riley...

Even with Wallace at the helm for the rest of the year, I can see Richmond winning up to 8 games this year.

North only need one more win for 5. Laidley will be trying to win.

North's not a problem. I doubt many people here are worried about them. They'll get 8-10 wins this year for sure.

From what I understands is we finish 16th with 4 wins and west coast finish 15th with 4 wins we would get picks 1 and 3, west coast would get 2nd and 4th, both getting a priority.

I think you're right. Does it relate to the fact we finished with one less win last year than West Coast?

When I think back to the game at Subiaco against West Coast, that last quarter......does anyone question anything....or is it just me? Fwiw, I think our side was trying to win......not so sure about West Coast. Maybe it's just me.... :unsure:

I thought West Coast were trying when we played them.

They were going hell for leather, as were we. They didn't really try and slow down or play tempo when in front the last 10 minutes. Which really, I admire them for that. Dean Cox dropped a sitter which I questioned. Anyway, I'm not complaining. I think a few things stood out, which the commentators also questioned during the call.

I think you're right. Does it relate to the fact we finished with one less win last year than West Coast?

When I think back to the game at Subiaco against West Coast, that last quarter......does anyone question anything....or is it just me? Fwiw, I think our side was trying to win......not so sure about West Coast. Maybe it's just me.... :unsure:

Bailey had Jones & Davey on the Bench for the last seven or so minutes of the game. The "List Management" Scenario thought went thru my head for sure.

From what I understands is we finish 16th with 4 wins and west coast finish 15th with 4 wins we would get picks 1 and 3, west coast would get 2nd and 4th, both getting a priority.

Yep, that's the way it is.

If Richmond also finish with the 4 wins or less, they get their pick at the end of the first round, since it would only be their first (consecutive) year at the bottom.

For what it's worth, I don't think West Coast is likely to win just the one more game for the rest of the season, They've already beaten Port and the Dogs at Subiaco as well as us, and have only been smashed once (by St. Kilda at the Dome) so far.

It pains we to say it, but West Coast, right this minute, are a better team than us, substantially because they have a few key stars holding them together while the kids develop, which we simply don't... yet.

Regardless, I'm hardly about to sweat on the difference between pick one and two versus pick one and three.

It would make winning five a bit more painful; assuming we pass them and also Richmond, We could start at pick 4!