Partners

AzzKikA

I saw a few people were talking about their partners supporting different teams and thought i'd start a topic along those lines.

My partner is a Filth supporter but doesn't really follow the footy, only to tease me when we lose, which i have been doing to her of late. I get some free ticket to the dome in a corporate box and still she doesn't want to go. I have Foxtel IQ at home which is great coz most of our games are on fox sports so i get to tape them coz she wont watch it with me, i get a little loud and yelly!

Please share.

• Like 2

I feel for ya mate, my partner is Filthy too :):lol: in fact nearly that whole family is ( and there's a few) She has said she will come with me to a few games later in year ( Melb games ) as we will miss the QB game being o/s.

Its hard to fathom... you will need to resort to bribes... I'll leave that up to you and your imagination ;)

Wow. What is it with 'Filth' partners around here.

Mine WAS a 'Carlton' supporter, she still has a soft spot for Carlton, but she's been Melbourne for nearly 12 years now. And yes, she's a paid up member.

PS. She didn't like the whole Judd thing either, after she learnt he was a Melbourne supporter. If anything that has strengthened her bond with the Dees. :)

This is kind of on the same topic as the previous post.. not to do with a partner, but a customer that I served yesterday.

I work at a cd store, and a lady came into buy a cd with the clubs theme songs on it for her son. I asked her who he followed, she said the cats, much to the dismay of his father. She added that he was a Dees supporter. When I asked her how on earth that happed, she said that her three year old said that he "didn't support losers". I told her to say the exact same thing to him in a few years time when we're right up there, and the cats were fading..

it'll happen!

mine was a former saints supporter. easily fixed when i bought her a membership, & then she came to family day, got her free scarf, & met a few of the players, to which she responded "they're a good looking bunch of guys, i think i like my new team". well they are certainly more attractive than tiprat milne anyway.

shes a convert, & hasnt even been to a saints game all year.

my partner is a Lions supporter.. but i have already softened her up and my plan is working perfectly... she now owns a Melbourne jumper along with her Lions one... its just a matter of time.. :)

I guess i'm lucky - my wife comes from a family of passionate Dees supporters. Marriage made in heaven!

To top that off, my new wife's brother and father are also keen Demonland lurkers

Cheers to B and R if your reading this!

West Coast, and fairly passionate despite not ever living there or having any real conection with Perth.

I have tried softening her up, I bought her a membership but she is a stubborn thing. About the only concession I have managed to wrangle out of her is that she won't stand in my way when I brainwash our children (if/when we have them) into bleeding for the Dees.

Wow great going all the converters!

There is no way in hell i could convert my Mrs. Her mum is one eyed Filth but when the kids come along the doc's gonna be worried coz they will come out red & blue through and through.

Former keen Footscray (Bulldogs) fan, but shortly after the wedding ceremony, I reminded her that she had just made a vow to take me 'for better or for worse' and that included my beloved Demons. She switched to Melbourne and has now been following the red and blue for almost 40 years (she is the first member I 'recruited' for the MFC, but there have been many others, including all of our tribe of kids and grand kids). While the 'other' love in my life is still waiting for her first Flag as a Melbourne supporter, she's consoled by the fact that the Bullies havn't won one over the same period, and she still has me as a husband. Lucky girl!

• Like 1

Wow. What is it with 'Filth' partners around here.

I dated one once. A one-eyed filth supporter. Went out for a while. They guy she was dating before me was a Pies player, played reserves mostly, but still, after all these years I still feel dirty.

My wife was an Essendon supporter, but knew nothing about them and never went to a game. Now she is a paid up Melbourne member, still doesn't go to games, but follows the club and knows most of the players.

I once dated a Brisbane supporter who was so keen on footy she moved from Brisbane to Melbourne so she could experience what it's like to live in the heartland of AFL. I went with her to the 2004 Grand Final where Port beat the Lions. About half way through the last quarter as Port were getting well on top, she starts to cry. So I do the good thing and try and comfort her, but to be honest I felt like saying "Snap out of it princess, you just won three in a row!".

I dated one once. A one-eyed filth supporter. Went out for a while. They guy she was dating before me was a Pies player, played reserves mostly, but still, after all these years I still feel dirty.

My wife was an Essendon supporter, but knew nothing about them and never went to a game. Now she is a paid up Melbourne member, still doesn't go to games, but follows the club and knows most of the players.

I once dated a Brisbane supporter who was so keen on footy she moved from Brisbane to Melbourne so she could experience what it's like to live in the heartland of AFL. I went with her to the 2004 Grand Final where Port beat the Lions. About half way through the last quarter as Port were getting well on top, she starts to cry. So I do the good thing and try and comfort her, but to be honest I felt like saying "Snap out of it princess, you just won three in a row!".

What is it with some people, I would cry my eyes out to see one darn flag. Ungreatful so and so.

See never inter breed.

I was at that Game. The Nerve crying after winning the past 3!! But hey i bet a few Melbourne Supporters did that back in '58. four does sound better than three let's be honest!

Quick question here fella's, have any of your converts ever tried to get you to jump the fence to their side?

And I dated a passionate Swans supporter a few years back in uni, who is still a passionate Swans supporter, although he does buy a Melbourne membership to this day :P !!!