• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Casey Scorpions Sunday

dee-luded

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from the long trek to casey.

sorrry i missed tom mac... he kicked 2 goals and was quite good.. Not sure of his proper position though was bit all over the ground. Was another guilt of a few turnovers..

Thanks for that PeterJames.

If Rivers doesn't come up this week, from what u saw today, is Tommy Mac a chance for a call up? The times i've seen him he's played the tall, rebounding role in defence quite well, where did he play today? I've noticed he's been kicking goals fairly consistently since coming back for Casey. Surely he'd be a better option in the MFC side than Dunn, playing as that tall, go anywhere type flanker?

He actually is pretty similar to dunn, but i think he has a bit more of a crack. Likes to get in and under and works very hard! I think he will not be to far off a game.

On a side note i spoke to a mate who stayed around after the game and Danny Hughes won the frozen food award for one of the best. i wonder what that would include after i had a few dim sims that im starting to regret.

Thanks for that PeterJames.

If Rivers doesn't come up this week, from what u saw today, is Tommy Mac a chance for a call up? The times i've seen him he's played the tall, rebounding role in defence quite well, where did he play today? I've noticed he's been kicking goals fairly consistently since coming back for Casey. Surely he'd be a better option in the MFC side than Dunn, playing as that tall, go anywhere type flanker?

If Rivers doesn't come up from what I was hearing I'd think Bell would have to be a chance. He is capable of playing tall and had a good game, they may give him another go?

He actually is pretty similar to dunn, but i think he has a bit more of a crack. Likes to get in and under and works very hard! I think he will not be to far off a game.

On a side note i spoke to a mate who stayed around after the game and Danny hughes won the frozen food award for one of the best. i wonder what that would include after i had a few dim sims that im starting to regret.

Spot on. TMac looks to have a much higher intensity level, more courageous and a stronger mark than Dunn from what i've seen. They do look very similar in size and build though. I'm just really keen to see him in the red and blue sooner rather than later, he's a very promising prospect.

Frozen foods award?? Doesn't sound too good... Best to give the dimmies a wide berth next time around... LOL

If Rivers doesn't come up from what I was hearing I'd think Bell would have to be a chance. He is capable of playing tall and had a good game, they may give him another go?

You'd think so. My only concern is his matchup against the Hawks. Warnock and Martin will take Roughy and Buddy, leaving Bell to play on Williams. If i remember correctly, last couple of times he's played them, Williams has absolutely destroyed Bell. Kicked 8.5 on him in one game a few years back i think(?).

Personally, if they do pick Bell, i'd like to see him get a go in the middle using his pace and hardness to our advantage. I'm not sure he would bring more to the backline than someone like McNamara, despite him being untried at AFL level, both short-term (now) and in the future.

Bell did play mainly in the middle today and was very good. Has earned a call up if he gets one. Still think we need an extra option up forward with ricky p not finding much of the footy..

Belly deserves a chance. Was very good pre-season, always hard at the ball and superb tackling. I hope he has a run!

shocked that bell got so much praise today. I thought he was good and a bit more consistent that he normally is but he wasnt great.

I saw absolutely nothing that makes me believe he is in our best 22 but I suppose with Rivers / Chip out then its now or never for him. If they give Bennell, Jetta, or Cheney much more time Bell is going to be out the back door.

shocked that bell got so much praise today. I thought he was good and a bit more consistent that he normally is but he wasnt great.

I saw absolutely nothing that makes me believe he is in our best 22 but I suppose with Rivers / Chip out then its now or never for him. If they give Bennell, Jetta, or Cheney much more time Bell is going to be out the back door.

interesting point. But grimes also didnt play well in his last game at casey, yet he got promoted and he seemed to go okay. I saw both the reserves and the seniors today and unfortunately there were no highlights. Bells tackling was really really good...that was the best highlight. Jurrah, Watts and Strauss all did nothing...and I mean nothing. Even Jordie Mckenzie had a disappointing game.

interesting point. But grimes also didnt play well in his last game at casey, yet he got promoted and he seemed to go okay. I saw both the reserves and the seniors today and unfortunately there were no highlights. Bells tackling was really really good...that was the best highlight. Jurrah, Watts and Strauss all did nothing...and I mean nothing. Even Jordie Mckenzie had a disappointing game.

Well called freak, one point I would make on watts from yesterday was his defensive pressure was good. Tried hard but struggled to make an impact from a very, very,very scrappy game. Only those hard in + under players and jamar had any impact. It was one of the worst games of footy I have watched in a long time, I actually think the 2's was a better game to watch even though casey got smashed. At least there were clean passages of play to watch.

I actually thought jamar was close to best as he was the difference in the 1st 3Q especially his marking and around the ground work. Its to be noted he spent a lot of the last on the pine when the game was there to be won. Huges's opening 10min was fantastic, thumping kick and presented all day. Could be a find. Jetta tried hard all day but his disposal let him down a bit. Strauss had a shocker for his 1st game and spent a lot of time on the pine but moves well and should get a lot better. Buckley also looked very rusty but should improve, on a side note he has really bulked up as well. I doubt we will see any changes this week unless they are forced. maybe bell has earned a spot down back but anyone from the snrs would be stiff to miss. jamar did enough as well but myself personally would like to see him have another week to get more miles especially with how PJ is playing atm.

the 2's....

Made the treck down early just to have a look at LJ and strauss if he missed on the snrs.

Jurrah is a long way off. Great skill but defensively he makes newton look like a star. A lot of work to do, he constantly seemed to be wondering around in no mans land after a contest almost lost. However he did present very well on the odd occasions casey had a clean run into the forward line.

The other really disapointing thing from yesterday was spencer in the ruck in the 2's. Fail to impose himself at all and at times just didn't work hard enough off the ball. I hope he watched jamar's game in the snrs. Zomer+Healy were both good without being great, but hard to judge them in a side that was getting smashed in the middle.

In the reserves, I personally thought that Healey was really good. He was Casey's best player by the length of the straight (possibly two straights). His work in close was excellent and it was noted by the coach that when he came off the Hawthorn reserves.... errr, Box Hill managed to gain total ascendency around the stoppages despite Spencer's dominance in the ruck contests. He is very clever with his hands and his use by foot was improved this week.

Also, Bell was good. His defensive pressure was fantastic and that's the sort of role he should/would be used in at AFL level - a defensive midfielder. He's a strong body and a very, very good tackler and he used both very well yesterday. He also wasn't caught out with the ball at all yesterday and did well giving the ball off to the first option quickly

Freak, what was wrong with McKenzie? His work in the clearances was very good, especially given that he was playing a shut down role too. Very good hands in close and was one of our few winning midfielders for the day.

What do you put Watts lacklustre performance down to ? The style of game, inexperience, position he played, tiredness, or just one of those days ?

He was worn very close by Schoemakers who played a totally defensive game tagging Watts. Between them they would have had about 20 touches, maybe 10 each. It was funny watching Schoenmakers continually jump at shadows whenever Watts moved, but Jack just doesn't yet work hard enough to break into space. He's playing very high up the ground and is lost, but also not working hard enough for the footy. He's relying on being clever rather than pushing himself to win the footy.

The game was also very tightly contested with no free space around, which doesn't suit the way Jack currently plays.

He was worn very close by Schoemakers who played a totally defensive game tagging Watts. Between them they would have had about 20 touches, maybe 10 each. It was funny watching Schoenmakers continually jump at shadows whenever Watts moved, but Jack just doesn't yet work hard enough to break into space. He's playing very high up the ground and is lost, but also not working hard enough for the footy. He's relying on being clever rather than pushing himself to win the footy.

The game was also very tightly contested with no free space around, which doesn't suit the way Jack currently plays.

Thanks for that Bob, that's some interesting observations. One of his negatives before being drafted was his work rate, but I suppose even superman had his kryptonite

Thanks.

He was worn very close by Schoenmakers who played a totally defensive game tagging Watts. Between them they would have had about 20 touches, maybe 10 each. It was funny watching Schoenmakers continually jump at shadows whenever Watts moved, but Jack just doesn't yet work hard enough to break into space. He's playing very high up the ground and is lost, but also not working hard enough for the footy. He's relying on being clever rather than pushing himself to win the footy.

Thanks Bob. Interesting. I can see Schoenmakers as a direct opponent of Jacks down the track, as the Hawks are grooming him for a defensive post in the Hawks side.