Casey Scorpions v Box Hill Hawks 21/3/09

KC from Casey

The team list for tomorrow's games are out. For the seniors game at 2pm at Casey Fields the list is as follows with five MFC seniors and three rookies taking part in what should be a fairly strong first up team (unlike Sandy in recent years, the Scorpions players are young with no one older than 24 and apparently no Nick Sautners):

1 Kyle Matthews ©

5 Michael Stockdale

6 Peter Faulks

7 Nick Scanlon

8 Scott McLeod

11 James Wall

12 Andrew Oldmeadow

16 Chris Clay

18 Jarred Matheson

21 Gareth Snow

22 Ben MaCreadie

27 Cade Maskell

29 Tim Crespin

31 Alex Silvagni

36 Josh Bolton

38 Kainen Schrape

41 Aaron Hillberge

43 Brad Sykes

51 Liam Jurrah

55 Adam Maric

57 Shane Valenti

66 Jordie McKenzie

73 Austin Wonaemirri

75 Paul Johnson

77 Trent Zomer

80 Jared Rivers

Bet this is the first time Jared Rivers has worn a number as high (or low depending on your perspective) as # 80. The Hawks list has a few of their younger players and recruits but none of their strikingly big name players like Buddy. Not even the Oooze.

The Reserves team for the game starting at 11am is:

3 Ryan Creed

4 Ben Waite

13 James Taylor

15 Tim Mohr

16 Chris Clay

20 David Collins

21 Gareth Snow

23 Matt Rosier

24 Pierce Liddle

25 Wade Lees

26 Gus Patti

28 Ben McDonald

34 Jack Mazurek

35 Josh Singh

37 Jed Costigan

38 Kainen Schrape

39 Sam Benbow

40 Dean Kelly

42 Scott Virtue

43 Brad Sykes

45 James Dean

Liam Donnelly

Kyle Swinden

Terry Mildren

Sam Gibson

# 13 is one of my favourites so I'm going down there early to see if he can play footy as well as he can sing. I'm a bit worried about # 45 though - it seems that the rumours about his tragic departure were exaggerated :rolleyes: .

Thanks to Casey Scorpions for making the lists available.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James Dean is a little midget that plays for Nth Ringwood, and Dean Kelly is Heath Black's brother that plays for Noble Park.

Are you sure that isn't Box Hill's reserves because all of them except Sam Gibson weren't on their list last year (although I believe Singh was at Casey last year)

*edit* looks like a bit of an exodus from Casey to Box Hill this year . . .

How can i not barrack for Sandringham??? Bring Back the Reserves Vlad. Do something useful rather than start up a team in west Sydney. I am pi$ed off.

I know. And the worst part about it all is that I despise St. Kilda. But you should hear my grandpa's opinions on the matter. He lives in Sandy and has a young son (yes, I know he's a randy son-of-a-[censored]) who he used to take to see the Zebs play every week, so no matter what I say to him about "Growth Corridors" and Nick Sauntner, he just reckons that this whole Casey plan is just the worst.

I know. And the worst part about it all is that I despise St. Kilda. But you should hear my grandpa's opinions on the matter. He lives in Sandy and has a young son (yes, I know he's a randy son-of-a-[censored]) who he used to take to see the Zebs play every week, so no matter what I say to him about "Growth Corridors" and Nick Sauntner, he just reckons that this whole Casey plan is just the worst.

I grew up in Sandringham so i will always support them, & yes i hate the over rated saints as well But it is still the Sandringham Football Club who won 4 Flags since 2000 & i enjoyed them all. Playing Port Melbourne in the '70's was a Blast too! People get Stabbed in Springvale!! How can i support that???

I grew up in Sandringham so i will always support them, & yes i hate the over rated saints as well But it is still the Sandringham Football Club who won 4 Flags since 2000 & i enjoyed them all. Playing Port Melbourne in the '70's was a Blast too! People get Stabbed in Springvale!! How can i support that???

The Scorpions moved to Casey about 3 or 4 years ago. You have to travel all the way to Cranbourne to get stabbed these days!

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
The Scorpions moved to Casey about 3 or 4 years ago. You have to travel all the way to Cranbourne to get stabbed these days!
i tell you what , iv had warnings on this forum for calling someone a [censored],the clubs trying to break in to a new area,what do think jim stynes would make of that comment,WJ you should withdraw that comment,for gods sakes have you walked thru the city at night time,its a war zone,cranbourne isnt the leafy town that your probably from but its offering something that no one else can, elite training facilitys,you blokes are constantly warning people and you post that,you were so high and mighty over occos misdemeanor,and you post that irresponsible drivel.

Guest melbman
i tell you what , iv had warnings on this forum for calling someone a [censored],the clubs trying to break in to a new area,what do think jim stynes would make of that comment,WJ you should withdraw that comment,for gods sakes have you walked thru the city at night time,its a war zone,cranbourne isnt the leafy town that your probably from but its offering something that no one else can, elite training facilitys,you blokes are constantly warning people and you post that,you were so high and mighty over occos misdemeanor,and you post that irresponsible drivel.

I may be wrong, and I probably am as I have a solid history in the execution of advanced erroring and misunderstandings, but maybe Whispering_Jack was using a light comedic sarcasm to highlight in the first sense the fact that the scorpions are no longer in Springvale, any slur on the Casey region may have been unintentional or secondary at most

Or he could just despise the place and I'm way off :lol::lol:

cant wait to here how jurrah goes!!

and to carn dees, what he was implying was that he doesnt think there are any key forwards that could halt the development of some of our young players, ala what some people say about nick saunders.

I may be wrong, and I probably am as I have a solid history in the execution of advanced erroring and misunderstandings, but maybe Whispering_Jack was using a light comedic sarcasm to highlight in the first sense the fact that the scorpions are no longer in Springvale, any slur on the Casey region may have been unintentional or secondary at most

Or he could just despise the place and I'm way off :lol::lol:

Just like many of us don't like the innuendo of Snow & 4 wheel drives, from opponents of the DEES, I'd say Cranbournians would have a distaste for people putting down they're fair city on a constant basis. Once or twice may be a joke but after a while it would wear a little thin, especially from the new partners.

i tell you what , iv had warnings on this forum for calling someone a FLOG,the clubs trying to break in to a new area,what do think jim stynes would make of that comment,WJ you should withdraw that comment,for gods sakes have you walked thru the city at night time,its a war zone,cranbourne isnt the leafy town that your probably from but its offering something that no one else can, elite training facilitys,you blokes are constantly warning people and you post that,you were so high and mighty over occos misdemeanor,and you post that irresponsible drivel.

Definitely a sarcastic response to the comment about people being stabbed in Springvale which was an irresponsible piece of stereotyping.

It was not meant as a comment on Cranbourne at all!

Sorry, but it obviously went right over your head!

I live in cranbourne and i have also lived in mentone and brighton.

No one should carry on about cranbourne basically being a lought town, it is the same as people saying that all mfc supporters go to the snow and drive 4 wheele drives.

It happens everywere.

Just like many of us don't like the innuendo of Snow & 4 wheel drives, from opponents of the DEES, I'd say Cranbournians would have a distaste for people putting down they're fair city on a constant basis. Once or twice may be a joke but after a while it would wear a little thin, especially from the new partners.

Boo-farking-hoo. Just like as a Tasmanian, those jokes get thin. HUR HUR, I HAVE TWO HEADS AND AM A JUMBERJACK.

Except I know people only mean it in jest. It might be lame, but getting offended by it is hypersensitive in the extreme. Toughen up a bit people. It's just a joke.

I live in cranbourne and i have also lived in mentone and brighton.

No one should carry on about cranbourne basically being a lought town, it is the same as people saying that all mfc supporters go to the snow and drive 4 wheele drives.

It happens everywere.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "lought town"? And is it pronounced "lort" as in bought? B)

Any word on how McKenzie, Maric and Jurrah go would be fantastic!

Plus any (non) injury news on PJ and Rivers - as in, please no "he went off 15 minutes into the first quarter and must be injured"

Here's the full "permission to play list" of AFL senior listed players who were given special dispensation to play with their VFL or other affiliate teams this weekend (rookie listed players don't require permission and are automatically entitled to play):

Adelaide - Tony Armstrong, Patrick Dangerfield, Phil Davis, Richard Douglas, Nick Gill, Jonathan Griffin, Aaron Kite, Tom Lee, Shaun McKernan, Brad Moran, Jason Porplyzia, James Sellar, Rory Sloane, Brad Symes, William Young.

Brisbane Lions - Jamie Charman, Daniel Merrett.

Carlton - Jordan Bannister, Adam Bentick, Steven Browne, Brad Fisher, Adam Hartlett, Setanta O'hAilpin, Rhys O'Keeffe, Mitch Robinson, Heath Scotland, Caleb Tiller, Andrew Walker, Chris Yarran.

Collingwood - Anthony Corrie, Brad Dick, John McCarthy, Paul Medhurst, Anthony Rocca.

Essendon - Tayte Pears, John Williams.

Fremantle - Andrew Brown, Chris Hall, Garrick Ibbotson, Scott Thornton.

Geelong - nil.

Hawthorn - Jordan Lisle, Ryan Schoenmakers, Liam Shiels, Cameron Stokes.

North Melbourne - Leigh Adams, Conor Meredith, Robert Tarrant.

Melbourne - Paul Johnson, Liam Jurrah, Addam Maric, Jared Rivers, Austin Wonaeamirri.

Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent, Jason Davenport, Glenn Dawson, Mitchell Farmer, Jonathan Giles, Matthew Lobbe, Tom Logan, Marlon Motlop, Jarrad Redden, Nick Salter, Matt Thomas, Matthew Westhoff.

Richmond - nil.

St Kilda - Steven Baker, Raphael Clarke, Xavier Clarke, Robert Eddy, Tom Lynch, Matt Maguire, Nick Riewoldt, Adam Schneider.

Sydney Swans - Ryan Brabazon, Daniel Currie, Taylor Gilchrist, Lewis Johnston, Matthew Laidlaw, Brett Meredith, Matthew O'Dwyer, Daniel O'Keefe, Jake Orreal, Michael Pyke, Nick Smith, Kristin Thornton.

West Coast - Brad Ebert, Tim Houlihan, Adam Hunter, Jordan Jones, Jamie McNamara, Tony Notte, Matt Rosa, Will Schofield, Tom Swift.

Western Bulldogs - Jarrad Boumann, Ayce Cordy, Liam Jones, Malcolm Lynch, Robert Murphy, Guy O'Keffe, Sam Reid, Jordon Roughead, Wayde Skipper, Scott Welsh, Cameron Wight, Tom Williams.

James Dean is a little midget that plays for Nth Ringwood, and Dean Kelly is Heath Black's brother that plays for Noble Park.

Are you sure that isn't Box Hill's reserves because all of them except Sam Gibson weren't on their list last year (although I believe Singh was at Casey last year)

*edit* looks like a bit of an exodus from Casey to Box Hill this year . . .

James Taylor played 20 senior games with Casey Scorpions last year.

Pierce Liddle is the Aaron Davey scholarship player with Casey who arrived from NT last week.

It's definitely not the Box Hill Hawks list. VFL clubs are all trying out new and unfamiliar names at this time of year and there is always a high turnover of players especially in the ressies. The following players who are on the seniors and reserves team sheets for the Box Hill game were on the Casey list last year:

Ryan Creed, Tim Crespin, Sam Gibson, Wade Lees, Jarred Matheson, Kyle Matthews, Ben McDonald, Tim Mohr, Alex Silvagni, Josh Singh, Gareth Snow, Kyle Swinden, James Taylor, Ben Waite and James Wall.

Incidentally, I've only been living in Cranny for a short time and it's a great place to live :lol: .

oh and why would sautner be playn isnt he still with the zebras

That's the point KC is making. The Scorpions have a young team unlike the Zebras who always had a few veterans like Sautner.

Incidentally, Sandy was thrashed by Port Melbourne in its practice game at TBO last week. Locals say things aren't the same now as they were during the heady and succesful days of the alignment with the MFC.

That's the point KC is making. The Scorpions have a young team unlike the Zebras who always had a few veterans like Sautner.

Incidentally, Sandy was thrashed by Port Melbourne in its practice game at TBO last week. Locals say things aren't the same now as they were during the heady and succesful days of the alignment with the MFC.

yeah i read the article to fast, when i saw aprently no nick saunters i thort he was expecting him. i apologise.

I can officially announce that Liam Jurrah has just entered the stadium here at Casey Fields along with the Casey team and including the Demon contingent. As they warm up Aussie's looking particularly good with his slim body and new haircut.

Conditions are completely different to last week with a hot dry wind blowing from the north.

Casey reserves lost 9.12.66 to Box Hill 16.9.105.