Pre Season Phantom Draft

alpha33

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no tom rockliff?

Nah, I really hope that no-one picks him with their P.S.D pick... so we can then rookie him.

Imagine:

Watts, Sibosado, Rockliff... all getting picked up with our picks this season. We then have what could be POTENTIALLY a formidable forward line in 3-4yrs time. Throw Butcher into that forward-line next season and we could create a dynasty.

WE CAN ONLY DREAM.

1 Melbourne Casey Sibosado (NT Thunder)

2 Port Adelaide Josh Carr (Fremantle)

3 Essendon Matt De Boer (Claremont WA)

4 Carlton Chris Johnson (Melbourne)

5 Brisbane Nick Davis (Sydney)

6 Richmond Kade Klemke (Murray U18)

Given some of those picks are likely we are in the position of possibly getting the next two boys we want with 1st pick in both remaining drafts. I wonder if we are likely to invite our possibles down to have a close look at them or maybe keep our cards close to our chest and watch them at other clubs.

Given some of those picks are likely we are in the position of possibly getting the next two boys we want with 1st pick in both remaining drafts. I wonder if we are likely to invite our possibles down to have a close look at them or maybe keep our cards close to our chest and watch them at other clubs.

You'd imagine that BP would have seen enough of the kids to have based an opinion on who's the best available. It makes sense to nominate our pick in the PSD asap, and get them down to training.

You'd imagine that BP would have seen enough of the kids to have based an opinion on who's the best available. It makes sense to nominate our pick in the PSD asap, and get them down to training.

Don't think you have to nominate a boy for him to train. That only applies to delisted players. We could invite several boys down who have not been on a list before to get a feel for them if we wanted to.

Don't think you have to nominate a boy for him to train. That only applies to delisted players. We could invite several boys down who have not been on a list before to get a feel for them if we wanted to.

Can we nominate a non-delisted player as our PSD pick prior to the actual draft? As you say, it has been done with delisted players.

Nick Davis looks like he'll continue to keep moving North until every footy club on the entire eastern seaboard exhausts patience with him.

I wouldn't have thought Voss would touch Davis with a goal post. You'd have to think that once he hits his straps Voss will run a pretty tight ship, and there'd be no room for inexplicably arrogant vermin like Nick Davis.

Pretty good Alpha, I'll throw the spanner in the works, watch this space.

6 Richmond Ben Cousins (Southbank, Yarra River)

I wouldn't have thought Voss would touch Davis with a goal post. You'd have to think that once he hits his straps Voss will run a pretty tight ship, and there'd be no room for inexplicably arrogant vermin like Nick Davis.

As I've mentioned on here before, Voss & Davis are/were close mates.

Vossy was arrogant too, but in the good way.

Pretty good Alpha, I'll throw the spanner in the works, watch this space.

6 Richmond Ben Cousins (Southbank, Yarra River)

Would be good for us as more youngsters to pick from in Rookie selection.

As I've mentioned on here before, Voss & Davis are/were close mates.

Vossy was arrogant too, but in the good way.

Ah ok. Surprises me I'll admit- they seem like they're from different worlds.

Not saying theres anything wrong with a bit of arrogance when you have something to crow about... Nick Davis doesn't.

Not saying theres anything wrong with a bit of arrogance when you have something to crow about... Nick Davis doesn't.

What about kicking the Swans into a grand final off his own boot and playing in a premiership with them?

I know a lot of people who could crow about that.

That's why it worked for Vossy, but not Davis.

Although he's had his moments.

edit: As pointed out above by redleg

I know every man and his dog are demanding Casey Sibosado (because he reminds us of Buddy Franklin) for pick 1 in the PSD, but is he actually on the club's rader???

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes very late in the rookie draft.

Other than Sibosado, I really want a KPF or a ruckman. No more pacey midfielders or goal sneaks!

Other than Sibosado, I really want a KPF or a ruckman. No more pacey midfielders or goal sneaks!

I agree we need to draft height in the PSD and rookie but it irks me how many people are saying that we drafted the same types of player in the draft.

None of the players we drafted are goalsneaks. Just because we have a couple of aboriginal boys doesn't mean they are goalsneaks. Jetta is a defensive midfielder or small defender and he is not particularly quick but known for his hardness and 1%ers. Bennell is a skilled, pacy half back/half forward midfielder/midfielder who is suited to a variety of roles.

Bail and Strauss are suited to roles on the half back line and they may move into the midfield and Blease is a pacy wingman.

As far as similarities go I would say only Bail and Strauss are similar in the roles they would play.