WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - SELECTION 74

Demonland

There are a few talls we could take. They are obviously speculative, but some of them have raw talent, but either the body isnt big enough yet or their attitude isnt what it should be.

There is also Matt Deboer, who's a WA midfielder. He gets alot of ball, but has pretty ordinary skills. He was tipped to get picked up top 30-40 today. I'd liken him to a harder more inside version of Carrazzo from Carlton (basically because Carrazzo is as soft as you can get lol). While no star, he could have a use whether it's to purely win ball at stoppages, or be a depth player. Could do alot worse than him I reckon.

There are a few talls we could take. They are obviously speculative, but some of them have raw talent, but either the body isnt big enough yet or their attitude isnt what it should be.

There is also Matt Deboer, who's a WA midfielder. He gets alot of ball, but has pretty ordinary skills. He was tipped to get picked up top 30-40 today. I'd liken him to a harder more inside version of Carrazzo from Carlton (basically because Carrazzo is as soft as you can get lol). While no star, he could have a use whether it's to purely win ball at stoppages, or be a depth player. Could do alot worse than him I reckon.

You haven't given him much of a wrap! I'd rather go the high risk / high return speculative approach than drafting a kid on the basis he'd be a handy depth player.

Agree with others sentiments that after today's outcome a tall forward prospect is the way to go, hopefully we can get Sibosado down to train with us for a closer look.

You haven't given him much of a wrap!

Agree with others sentiments that after today's outcome a tall forward prospect is the way to go,

DeBoer kills it at his current level. The step up to AFL is abig one though, and he needs to work on his skills if he is to stand up to the pressure. But like I said we could do alot worse. He's part of that killer WA midfield, and was a stand out all year along with Rich etc I guess the clubs thought while he knows how to find the ball, his skill level was too low to stand up to AFL.

Anyway I agree a KPP is the way to go. After drafting a stack of midfielders/flankers with pace, we need another key forward.

A few other decent prospects in Sibosado, Klemke, Tom Hill and C. Pearce

FWIW here is a recap of what Emma Quayle said about Sibosado in her Top 25 Prospects of 2008 article

25. Casey Sibosado

(Xavier College/ Oakleigh Chargers, 192cm, 72kg)

Here’s my smokey. I can’t see anyone picking Sibosado this high, but once he turns out to be a star I want to be able to say “I told you so”. (note: If he doesn’t work out let’s pretend this article never happened!). Casey has talent, pure and simple — he gets the ball when he shouldn’t, has a knack for nudging players in the back with his chest and getting his arms up to mark, he times his leaps really well and can play down back and go for a run, although I like him as a forward most. The trick for him is forcing his own involvement in a game. But once he’s in it, he can do anything. If he makes it, he’ll be hugely exciting to watch.

I think the Demons will take a chance on Casey Sidosado who seems to have a lot of talent and potential.

Kade Klemke MAY get picked by an AFL club but I think he is more likely to be rookie-listed. Kade seems to be a hard-at-it player who does the 1 percenters and helps others in the team. Unfortunately, Kade's kicking and decision making lets him down at times. Is it harsh to say I have a "Simon Godfrey" feeling about him? :blink:

The Demons took plenty of medium, small skilful players after Jack Watts. Therefore I expect most of the players taken in the Pre-Season Draft and Rookie Draft shall be either KPPs or ruckmen.

However, you never know, Dean Bailey did speak highly of Kade Klemke and the Demons have quite a few Rookie positions available...

I assume we have number 1# pick in BOTH the Pre-Season Draft and the Rookie Draft too?

I assume we have number 1# pick in BOTH the Pre-Season Draft and the Rookie Draft too?

We do. And that essentially means we have two chances at the next 7 players available (subject to no late delistings by other clubs).

Out of interest, this is the Burgatron list of players that weren't selected in yesterday's draft and Casey tops the list:-

44. Casey Sibosado 193 cm 85 kg DOB 13.10.90 NT Thunder NT

47. Steven Gaertner 199 87 02.01.90 Dandenong U18

48. Matthew DeBoer 187 85 10.03.90 Claremont WA

55. Luke Thompson * 192 86 08.02.91 Geelong U18

56. Clancee Pearce 182 90 23.10.90 S. Districts WA

58. Adam Varcoe 179 64 31.12.90 C. District SA

65. Brad Mangan * 187 87 27.04.91 Murray U18

68. Tom Hill * 199 78 07.04.91 Northern U18

71. Tom Rockliff 183 83 22.02.90 Murray U18

75. Danny Meyer ** 183 76 03.08.86 Richmond AFL

77. Matthew Moody ** 187 86 23.09.85 Brisbane AFL

79. Kade Klemke 180 77 15.07.90 Murray U18

80. Robin Nahas 174 63 10.11.87 Pt. Melbourne VFL

81. Nick Davis ** 184 83 30.03.80 Sydney AFL

83. Nathan Carroll ** 191 91 20.10.80 Melbourne AFL

* too young for the PSD and rookie drafts

** recycled players

I checked out the footage of Casey on Demonology and was quite impressed. Wonder why he was passed up. Anyway perhaps the club will check him out more now.

I am sure many of the Demonology and Demonland people will let them know our thoughts regarding this kid. He might not be lightening fast but thats what we got Jack, Sam and the other boys for but this guy can mark, he is big and can use his body to get advantage.. we dont have many like that now.

I am on his bandwagon..

I checked out the footage of Casey on Demonology and was quite impressed. Wonder why he was passed up. Anyway perhaps the club will check him out more now.

I am sure many of the Demonology and Demonland people will let them know our thoughts regarding this kid. He might not be lightening fast but thats what we got Jack, Sam and the other boys for but this guy can mark, he is big and can use his body to get advantage.. we dont have many like that now.

I am on his bandwagon..

I actually thought he looked slow, kinda like slow motion but he seems to mark it when you don't expect him to. Good clean hands, uses his body well and good in contests. Maybe with some conditioning and he'll look a touch quicker.

2 weeks to do "due diligence" but I'm on board.

Anybody know why Steve Gaertner has been rated yet overlooked in two national drafts?

Would he be worth PSD or rookie pick?

Whilst Steve Gaertner is a tall, lanky, athletic monster ....

The fact is - he just simply cannot kick, and he doesnt have a football brain.

Where do you play him at AFL level? - He'd get mauled in the ruck, he isn't smart enough to read the play as a CHB, CHF - and he is too tall to play as a wingman.

He suffers from Kepler Bradley syndrome - outgrowing the size requirements for your natural position.

Only in Steve's case, the problem is magnified tenfold - given his inabillity to kick a decent drop punt on a regulat basis.

Probably should be rookied though.

Hes no buddy...doesnt appear to have his pace....but on the footage below looks a Michael O' type...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=e630UcTE5fE

Would not mind him at all and am surprised he was not picked up...hope the Dees get him down to train with us prior to the PSD.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2008/05/1...13_ntsport.html

The problem with Casey Sibasado is that he really is a boom or bust type selection.

I guess in the PSD you can afford to take that risk.

When he was playing at Oakleigh during the TAC - he attended training probably only once per week (and when he felt like it - he attended twice per week) - instead of the required 3 sessions.

He is in no way shape or form a "Buddy Franklin" clone - doesnt have the pace or the quick reactive skills that Franklin has.

But he would be ok as a 3rd forward or defender - see Jason Roe.

I wonder if any of the people on this forum comparing him to Buddy Franklin - remember Caleb Mourish, who was drafted by Fremantle in 2006 ? :)

The problem with Casey Sibasado is that he really is a boom or bust type selection.

I guess in the PSD you can afford to take that risk.

When he was playing at Oakleigh during the TAC - he attended training probably only once per week (and when he felt like it - he attended twice per week) - instead of the required 3 sessions.

He is in no way shape or form a "Buddy Franklin" clone - doesnt have the pace or the quick reactive skills that Franklin has.

But he would be ok as a 3rd forward or defender - see Jason Roe.

I wonder if any of the people on this forum comparing him to Buddy Franklin - remember Caleb Mourish, who was drafted by Fremantle in 2006 ? :)

Simpleanswer. We have first pick in the PSD. Invite him to train over the next few weeks and get a close hand view as to whether he has the hunger to train and play AFL.

Simpleanswer. We have first pick in the PSD. Invite him to train over the next few weeks and get a close hand view as to whether he has the hunger to train and play AFL.

That would be the approach MFC should take as these days due dilligence must be taken - as I said, in the PSD you can afford to make those kind of risky selections.

Kboble

McLaren

Ackland

Gourdis

Have all since been delisted after being selected at PSD #1.

I just hope people on this forum don't get their hopes up when they see Sibasado thinking he's Franklin Mk II.