Freo rejects Carlton

Guest demonsrule

Well said, common sense at last. If we're not careful the Players association will be calling it "restraint of trade" and the calls for free agency amongst clubs will get stronger, further weakening clubs like ours. This trade is holding up the whole trade week. The guy wants out, pick 24 is more than reasonable, he should be able to go. Freo are trying to make a statement afetr being shafted so many times. Don't forget RWarnock wants to play for Carlton and for that reason alone I don't want him at our club

Crap. So if Jack Watts came out and said that he didn't want to be drafted by Melbourne, you'd bow to his wishes and draft someone else? BTW, Adam Cooney said at the time that he didn't want to get drafted by the Dogs. The rest is history.

Any potential draftee could cry "restraint of trade" based on what you are saying. The mediation process compromises the whole draft system.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mediation process compromises the whole draft sytem.

I concur 100% Makes all but a mockery of it.

Guest McLean2Maric

Agreed about the whole mediation thing...

I dont even see what Carlton hope to achieve... theyre not going to be able to get away with just pick 24 as Melbourne will surely offer Pick 19

Mediation fails

Oh what a shame !!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Now bugger of Bluebaggers.....!! Now.. Mr Fremantle... what can we do today ?? ..heheheh

if we offer pick 17 or 19 for warnock i will be ppppppiiiiiiiiiissssssssed off. [censored] connolly

Freak, just asking, are you content to leave rucking duties to PJ, Jamar, Spencer and Meesen?

Or, are you hoping to snag Warnock in the PSD?

Or are you hoping to draft a future ruck in this draft?

Warnock is basically a ruckman who has potential and only hindsight will discover what level he achieves

Yes we are in need of another bigman and the oppurtunity to get him i applaud but i do wonder why he didnt choose

the demons ahead of carlton

Much like Judd i can only summize his decision is based on finals football or his wallet

Like the song says every heart beats true for the red and the blue makes it quite clear that players who want to be demons

will at least try to play like them

Judd , Warnock and the unsigned Green all fit into the OUT BASKET

Next!

Crap. So if Jack Watts came out and said that he didn't want to be drafted by Melbourne, you'd bow to his wishes and draft someone else? BTW, Adam Cooney said at the time that he didn't want to get drafted by the Dogs. The rest is history.

Any potential draftee could cry "restraint of trade" based on what you are saying. The mediation process compromises the whole draft sytem.

Like Bees to honey they pounce!

This is not the draft this is "trade" week when a small number of players move clubs, mainly to the clubs they choose. Warnock is using trade week to move to club of his choice. This is part of the reason this week was set up. What draftees want has absolutely nothing to do with it.The mediation process is being used because this one deal is holding up the whole trade week, and the AFL introduced the mediation process to assist in such stalemates. The AFL are not going to hand down a decision that is upto Carlton and Freo, they atre simply trying to resolve a stalemate between 2 obstinate football clubs, I'm not sure how that compromises the whole draft system.

Besides all that the overpaid, underdone beenpole isn't worth the money or the time, let him play for carlton. and send Brad Green out of town as well. Don't need either of them where we're headed.

Why would he FLAT OUT not want to go to the dees?

He wants to come to vic.

carlton and us are the only ones who seem very very interested.

Carlton are not keeping Freo happy with compensation.

Why would he flat out not want to come to us?

Whats his brother telling him?

It may have been asked already in the hundred or so posts on this topic but -

Why does everyone assume that Warnock wants to play with Warnock?

There's sibling rivalry, they might be distant (who knows with family relations), they don't want to compete for a position in the same team or someone forgot to ring the other on his birthday.

Brothers in arms doesn't always work.

I would have thought the mediator is to assist the player who is caught in the middle between two uncompromising teams, not to assist either Fremantle or Carlton to win out.

Mediator is a third party. Simply as that. They are the eqivelant to that of a field umpire. They are simply there to break the dead lock, which as news comes to hand, doesnt look like it has worked.

Now because this took soo dam long, we may have missed out on getting something for a certain someone, who has no intention on staying with the Dees!

Why would he FLAT OUT not want to go to the dees?

He wants to come to vic.

carlton and us are the only ones who seem very very interested.

Carlton are not keeping Freo happy with compensation.

Why would he flat out not want to come to us?

Whats his brother telling him?

$$$$$$ can do strange things to people.

I never had understood this whole thing about, him wanting to play where his brother is, and just because we have his brother he will sign with Melb. Crap!

Hes movng back to VICTORIA, not to junction oval. He can still be with his brother in the same state.

Maybe as a prospective employee he'd prefer to live and train in Carlton alongside the likes of Chris Judd, Bryce Gibbs, and Marc Murphy. Get paid a big wack, do a little high paid Visy work and play finals footy for the next few years. I know we all love the Demons and would never play for anyone else but at the moment we're seen as a basket case with a doubtful future. I also know that this is not what most of us see when we look at our beloved club but Warnock is weighing up two prospective employees. Do the maths people!!

Hahahahahahaha.......!!!!!!

Perhaps the slides wernt working properly?

Given the clubs financial situation, they were proberbly running off a DOS program.

Maybe it was just a bunch of people holding signs written in crayon ;) !!!

Warnock is basically a ruckman who has potential and only hindsight will discover what level he achieves

Yes we are in need of another bigman and the oppurtunity to get him i applaud but i do wonder why he didnt choose

the demons ahead of carlton

Much like Judd i can only summize his decision is based on finals football or his wallet

Like the song says every heart beats true for the red and the blue makes it quite clear that players who want to be demons

will at least try to play like them

Judd , Warnock and the unsigned Green all fit into the OUT BASKET

Next!

Thanks Swampfox, my opinion exactly. There were mutterings from DB and CC a couple months ago about wanting players who are prepared to play for the jumper. If that is the case for our current players, it should also be a criteria for drafted or traded players. Get us some players who are prepared to trailblaze the Demons to success!!

We don't want players who want to suck and spin off the unethical and supposed Lords of this game. If that's what some prospects want, then let them eat cake!

Oh dear...oh dear.... I think some people need a big hug !! Now come on folks....... <_<

ffs get a grip some of you . He is defintely worth getting if we can snare him. Some of you lot seem to run with the hare and hunt with the hound depending on what time of day it is

He may wel have his sights set on Carltank..Its his bloody life and he can do what he likes...within the bounds of his ability and obligations. Persoanlly I think he's none to bright if he let his future up to a club. Dumb Dumb DUMB Robbie !! You cant say..let the club have its way..then get shh!tty . I hope he's a better ruck than logictician !! :rolloeyes:

if we get him ...great..If we dont..such is life.. move on ..next!!

A salient point many sem to overlook is that we wont have "Instant Success" with all these players. Its a 3 or 4( or X) step process. We get some more this year.. lose some next..get some more.. add a couple.. The team constantly evolves til it clicks !! Lets not get al lgaught up on any one player..It takes 18 to play the game at any given moment ;)