PORT ADELAIDE v MELBOURNE - preview and game thread

Demonland

Martin and Morton are the only two reasons why I haven't taken a knife and slashed my wrists yet.

Would someone explain to me what the fudge we're doing? The accountability, or lack therefore, is the worst I've seen from us all year, and that's saying something.

A shameful display even though I want to lose and finish on the bottom.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be nice to lose Yze and White, and add in Jack Watts and Robbie Warnock.

Talk about an upgrade.

How poor and soft is White's stoppage work?

I rather Sylvia just go 3rd man up everytime

White and Yze typically pathetic, sayonara you old hacks. Love White and Jamar constantly putting it down the throat of Port players.

Buckley the king of turnovers.

Our only dangerous players are Bruce and Sylvia atm.

I never want to see Newton play for the MFC again.

I wouldn't call White and Ooze hacks, although they are past it.

I'd say Buckley is one of our better players, taking on the game and being aggressive.

Bruce, Sylvia, McDonald, Morton, Buckley, Wheatley are playing well.

I think Newton has been doing okay given his limited opportunities.

Pretty shocking performance by our big men across the board really. Newton and Bate have been especially abhorrent. You can blame supply to a point but Newton's efforts at ground level are simply pathetic. He sits there and flails his arms. Looks like a baby throwing a tantrum.

Buckley and Junior our best for mine, though both have had their moments.

Good thing I wanted to lose this game, or I'd be filled with murderous rage. Instead its just quiet contempt and indignation.

Good to see Colin Sylvia continuing his good form.

People ask for him to be traded, yet he is one of the very few strong bodies we have. Baffling.

Guest RedandBlue72
White and Yze typically pathetic, sayonara you old hacks. Love White and Jamar constantly putting it down the throat of Port players.

Buckley the king of turnovers.

Our only dangerous players are Bruce and Sylvia atm.

I never want to see Newton play for the MFC again.

How frustrating is this - If Jim Stynes wants to know what MFC stands for I can tell him

1. - Slow players all over the ground

2. - Players that refuse to run both ways (Buckley is a prime example - that Cassisi get in the first qtr was embarrassing)

3. - Dumb Footballers

4. - 2 man forward lines (last time I looked you had to kick more goals then the opposition to win)

5. - Suburban level kicking skills (being young doesn't excuse you from kicking the ball properly)

6. - And ensuring our second tier (this year my god first tier) is the only 7 year league player who averages less then 3 possessions per game

I am looking for an answer to the following question so I hope someone can help me

Question - Why when you are 3-17 and every first qtr bar two we have been smashed do we start every week with a loose man in defence. It has not worked once this year

WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH STARTING 0.0 EACH RATHER THEN GIVE EVERYONE ELSE A HEAD START.

We are playing the third bottom side and we do it again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to give this coach every opportunity to because he has impressed me greatly this year but this does not auger well

I remember, not that long ago, where Melbourne had a feared forward line.

Remember these days

Yze Schwarz Green

Robertson Neitz Farmer

2000 was so long ago!

I wouldn't call White and Ooze hacks, although they are past it.

I'd say Buckley is one of our better players, taking on the game and being aggressive.

Bruce, Sylvia, McDonald, Morton, Buckley, Wheatley are playing well.

I think Newton has been doing okay given his limited opportunities.

I'd agree Bruce, Syliva, Junior and Morton are our best, but not playing well.

Newton is slower than Bate, and is completely incompetent. He is not an AFL standard player, whether be his speed, smarts, or (lack of) effort.

Buckley kicked it directly to Port players 3 times in the first quarter. He is breaking lines, but so is Daniel Bell.

Guest brockthechamp

There is no tall forward line to speak of. Miller and Bate are at best flankers, they drop so many marks and can't kick from 30 meters on the rare occasion... Pitty to see Robbo only play a handful of games and is still sitting third on the goal kickers list.

Sorry to Yze to the field. As great a player he is, there is no confidence and vision in his play.

Guest unstable punt
Us at AAMI Stadium recently

2003 R 12 Adel 73 point loss

2003 R 20 Port 14 point loss

2004 R 14 Adel 72 point loss

2004 R 19 Port 73 point loss

2005 R 15 Port 62 point loss

2005 R 19 Adel 54 point loss (when we scored 46)

2006 R 22 Adel 58 point loss

2007 R 17 Port 89 point loss

2008 R 8 Adel 76 point loss

2008 R 21 Port 36 point quarter time defecit

Since ’04, 69 point average loss

we are absolutely abysmal at AAMI and in a year when we are crap we are worse, they did put in more in the 3rd though

Guest unstable punt
Why do we have to kick the bloody ball into our 50s and across every single time?

we need Watts and more, the forward line in crap

Did I really just see Yze yelling at Bartram?

Please tell me I didn't just see the least team-oriented player on the field yelling at Bartram for not handballing to him! :angry: :angry:

Yeah, and he deserves a spray. Yze has been a better player than Bartram is ever likely to be. To handball it straight into the guts of the on-coming Port player who was blatantly expecting it shows the typically mindless disposal that plagues Bartram's game.

Bartram is a serious worry. His lack of general and spacial awareness is unique, as is his profound ability to torch the ball almost every time he gets it.

Gets a pass for this year because he's had some rotten luck with injury, but he'd want to work very hard on his ball use in the summer.

Yeah, and he deserves a spray. Yze has been a better player than Bartram is ever likely to be. To handball it straight into the guts of the on-coming Port player who was blatantly expecting it shows the typically mindless disposal that plagues Bartram's game.

Bartram is a serious worry. His lack of general and spacial awareness is unique, as is his profound ability to torch the ball almost every time he gets it.

Gets a pass for this year because he's had some rotten luck with injury, but he'd want to work very hard on his ball use in the summer.

Hes not gonna be a superstar. Hes a pick 60 or something. He's workrate was admirable in his first year, but i never thought he had superstar written all over him.

I dont know why people are so surprised. bate has always had appalling agility and foot skills. I also find it baffling how demonlanders are so angry that we have crap players yet to get better players we need to lose this game. Its catch 22. We have davey, mclean, robbo, rivers, moloney and paul johnson out of our best team so lets just relax. I don't care what anyone says, Buckley's ability to find the footy is great