This weeks changes...

LeBron James

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he can play for sandy. he only has to drive there and back. he misses saturday, he probably has to do a recovery session sunday morning, he has to eat special food friday night. it is just like playing school footy except he wont go on the [censored] friday or saturday night.

he goes to PA he misses all day friday as they travel over, all day saturday, and most of sunday as they get back.

which one is better for school commitments?

We are thanking White and Yze for their service with a chance to generate some interest in them amongst the other clubs.

Blokes that have played 250 games for a club deserve some sort of send off especially when we are dead last and more interested in draft picks that winning.

Dissapointed Petterd, valenti, Frawley and ezpecially maric will mist out but happy to see Ooze and White run around in red and blue 2 more times.

Rogue, you get the cupie doll here. Good Post.

Listen to all these prima donnas carrying on about their favourite puppies.

Seriously folks, we do need to find a loss over the next 2 weeks but this loss is fairly well camouflaged, if indeed this is the loss one. Bailey could easily justify this at any press conference.

Fair dinkum, you blokes are rattled, 4 or 5 nothing posts from High Tower and we haven't even heard 45hotgod's pearls yet.

And YM, you can do better than that, my learned friend.

And you simply offer a smorgasboard of nothing.......... :D

he can play for sandy. he only has to drive there and back. he misses saturday, he probably has to do a recovery session sunday morning, he has to eat special food friday night. it is just like playing school footy except he wont go on the [censored] friday or saturday night.

he goes to PA he misses all day friday as they travel over, all day saturday, and most of sunday as they get back.

School committments were not an issue. Maric decided to do year 12 part time over two years so that he could focus on footy. Very stiff to miss out! Wona should consider himself pretty lucky to be there.

School committments were not an issue. Maric decided to do year 12 part time over two years so that he could focus on footy. Very stiff to miss out! Wona should consider himself pretty lucky to be there.

so you dont place any credence in DD36's post then?

Farewell games are fair enough, but why commence the process at moron park.

These are only junk time games anyway and I would think it reasonable to say goodbye to Ooz and Whitey back in Melbourne next week.

As RR said in a previous post, no club is going to factor in a White in their trading plans, on the back of 2 junk time games. They will know now if they want him or not.

If Maric does have other commitments, then fair enough, but the kids should be given priority at the selection table now.

What about Dutchy?

What about Dutchy?

oh we're probably saving him for the Tige's game !! :lol:

If that is the case for Maric and his studies, fair enough. Plenty of footy in front of him. The last few weeks does warrant a place in the team though.

Brad Green virtually acknowledged Yze and White were to play their final games with the club for the last two rounds to farwell the club & supporters, last night on the Footy Show. The writing is definitely on the wall. Hopefully they play well.

Does anyone seriously think we are making any real attempt to put our very best team on the paddock for the last couple of junk games ?? :rolleyes:

Despite any protest to the contrary and quite frankly dismissing even Bails rhetoric as masked spin..its al lgoing to be a semi stage managed show. Starring....x,y and z with cameos from him him and him etc.

Why would Bails RISK any harm to up and coming newbies for absolutely no gain ? The arguments that any game time is good game time dont hold at this time of year..not unless your priming for the finals. We arent. The best preparation for next year is to have as many bods in good nick completeing a thorough preseason. Silly injuries in the junk games benefit us not one iota.

For all I care get all the oldies..bandage them up and stick 'em full of painkiller jabs and let them run riot..let them lap up the applause for the last time and be done with it.

Some will no doubt trot out.."We must win at all cost".."winning is a better thing than losing".."oh Im sick of this losing culture"..yadda yadda yadda. People..get some help..professional help is this is what you consider the panacea to our club's fortunes.

I'll reiterate that I dont feel this club ought to be under any obligation to 'owe' some any swan songs..but if they can provide a purpose higher than of their own then let them have a kick.

Whether Maric plays the last two will make no difference to his career. He's going to be very exciting indeed. In all reality I still feel that much of Deans thinking surrounds giving kids chances...seeing what they can learn at the big end of town and take that back as lessons learnt to the other comp..and work on it.

The last game of the year ought to be fun to watch..might be a little devil may care about it :)

Rogue, you get the cupie doll here. Good Post.

Haha, cheers :P

Does anyone seriously think we are making any real attempt to put our very best team on the paddock for the last couple of junk games ?? :rolleyes:

Perhaps with the exception of Yze for Maric, the like-for-like changes can all be justified as making our team stronger.

I couldn't agree more mousey...i was getting worried that it was just me that wasn't seeing anything in this kid

He was playing well at Sandy before he came back into the team, and has done alright for us since being promoted. I would have been happy to see him play. That said, I'd select Martin, Warnock, and Garland before him this week.

That's rubbish, he has been in our best-22 easy this season

If McLean, Moloney, and Davey were all fit then I probably wouldn't have Valenti in the side atm.

to be perfectly honest a good VCE score will help him more in life than playing a losing game in Adelaide.

Given that it looks like he'll be playing AFL footy for at least a few more years, it probably won't have much impact at all, actually.

Perhaps with the exception of Yze for Maric, the like-for-like changes all justifiably make our team stronger.

I don't think the team is stronger with White instead of PJ (but we don't have a choice). I guess Dunn can tag Burgoyne or something but I don't know if Dunn is that much better than Valenti. Really, the only change that makes the team stronger is Garland for Frawley.

Really, the only change that makes the team stronger is Garland for Frawley.
The team's stronger with Garland, yes, but...

I don't think the team is stronger with White instead of PJ (but we don't have a choice).

PJ was injured, so it wasn't a White instead of PJ choice.

The choice was White instead of Meesen (or Martin?), not White instead of PJ.

White's clearly in better form than Meesen, wouldn't you agree?

I guess Dunn can tag Burgoyne or something but I don't know if Dunn is that much better than Valenti.

Not a great argument for rebutting my assertion :P

Given that it looks like he'll be playing AFL footy for at least a few more years, it probably won't have much impact at all, actually.

Football is very uncertain. Heaven forbid he suffers a career-ending injury next week and never plays again, or perhaps he has post-footy aspirations and is looking to study part time while playing. I admire players who can look beyond their footy, because those careers don't last long even at the best of times.

Football is very uncertain. Heaven forbid he suffers a career-ending injury next week and never plays again, or perhaps he has post-footy aspirations and is looking to study part time while playing. I admire players who can look beyond their footy, because those careers don't last long even at the best of times.

Given the likelihood that he'll want to study part-time rather than full-time, his VCE score probably won't have a huge bearing. If he wanted to get into full-time study straight after year 12, things would be different, but even in the worst case scenario you've mentioned, he'd still be contracted for n years.

There are various alternative pathways for those who don't get a stellar VCE score (ie. taking a couple of units as a single enrolment study, which can be used as part of the degree entered after they're completed), and the downsides are less likely to worry a footballer who won't have the opportunity to move straight into full-time study anyway.

Assuming he wants to go to university/study at a tertiary level, ofc :) Outside of tertiary entry, a 'good' VCE score probably won't have much bearing on his life at all.

If McLean, Moloney, and Davey were all fit then I probably wouldn't have Valenti in the side atm.

You're probably right, but I would have Valenti on the bench.

Next year will be a big one for Moloney - we have plenty of his type, so he will have to win his spot.

Can someone remind me exactly what we owe Adem and Jeff... ?? Reckon we're due for a refund personally !! :rolleyes: