Cale Morton - does he have some disease?

ucanchoose

Morton is a gun.

18 years old and anorexic, but he is a ball magnet.

21 touches today.

Cant wait til he gains some muscle, and some experience. He will be 5 times better than Palmer and Cotchin.

I shant agree totally with you ...as I'd have to shower for a week..hehe..And I cant abide with how he might be with regard to Cotchin or Palmer..as both are good. Morton has it.. he needs to eat...needs to pump.. and needs to hit targets. Al lthree wil lhappen in due course and he wil limpose on games. Folks ...keep in mind he's a newby holding down a man's posie !! Many are choosing to ajudicate him as though he's been around for seasons !! get a grip !!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just have a look at Mortons two brothers, and see what he's going to end up like body size-wise. They're noth now, after a year and 2 years in the system, able to mix it with their new-found bulk.

But still, as some wise heads have pointed out on here, he's no good, delist at years end for mine. :rolleyes:

Guest unstable punt
21 possies today. continuously has shown he has a great ability to find the footy.

sure he's an 18 yr old runt atm in his first season. he's bound to make mistakes.

let him put on 20kg and 40 games experience and he'll be awesome.

waayyyyy to much unwarranted negativity on this forum, PARTICULARLY against 18-21 yr old kidz who are just finding their feet.

i find much promise in Morton

agree, l don't understand some the 'supporters' on this site, just want to slam every player for stupid inane reasons, the mentality is perplexing, l mean WTF

Guest unstable punt
good luck with that :blink: morton has done nothing to suggest that he will get close to those guys. whats the point in being able to find the footy if you cant use it effectively. you guys are so biased regarding morton that you would probably claim that mortons shot on goal from 30metres out in the last quarter was an attempt to pass it across the goals.

your are a freak buddy, you have no f#%cking idea, grow some brains or gonads you [censored]

Morton always looks to have time on his side when he has the ball in congested positions, and doesn't seem to panic when tackled.

He also knows how to find the footy.

I think he'll be a very good player.

i wouldn't kick it to morton if he was 50 metres on his own. he puts a blow torch to the ball every time he eventually decides to kick it.

You must watch a different game to me.

He put in a couple of shockers in succession - not just versus Richmond, but the preceding game too (Collingwood? Hawthorn?).

However, earlier in the season his kicking looked fine.

i wouldn't kick it to morton if he was 50 metres on his own. he puts a blow torch to the ball every time he eventually decides to kick it. waste of a pick 4. should have got palmer. never pick players that are in between hieghts (190-192). versatility is over-rated, i prefer specialty in one position

you're either really stupid, or a really really bad troll.

go have a chat to yze_magic, maybe he can teach you something. (im giving you the benefit of the doubt here, because there is no way anyone could be that stupid)

Morton gets to the right spots. He sees the play before it even happens. Once he puts on some more weight he will be able to compete well one on one, and also start laying more tackles and going in harder in the centre square. He will also get used to the pace of the game and learn how long he has to dispose of the ball so he doesnt get rushed as often. He is still young and learning people. The reason he was drafted so high (and the reason he won the Larke medal last year for best player of the champs) is his disposal is top notch and he knows how to find it. Alongside Cotchin, he will be regarded as the best of his draft.

Morton gets to the right spots. He sees the play before it even happens. Once he puts on some more weight he will be able to compete well one on one, and also start laying more tackles and going in harder in the centre square. He will also get used to the pace of the game and learn how long he has to dispose of the ball so he doesnt get rushed as often. He is still young and learning people. The reason he was drafted so high (and the reason he won the Larke medal last year for best player of the champs) is his disposal is top notch and he knows how to find it. Alongside Cotchin, he will be regarded as the best of his draft.

this is my very point, to suggest that he is going to be better than palmer is just silly. i am by no means saying morton is going to be a bad player, but he has done little to suggest he will surpass every single player in his draft except cotchin. admittedly, i may be loading it up a bit with morton as he has a good knack for finding the pill and in todays game his long quick strides are great..just wish his skills were alot more crisp and he didn't hesitate as much. Age is no excuse, Dunn never hesitated in his debut games, likewise with Petterd who is probably our most talented youngster coming through...besides morton of course

this is my very point, to suggest that he is going to be better than palmer is just silly. i am by no means saying morton is going to be a bad player,

haha. BEEP BEEP.

"i wouldn't kick it to morton if he was 50 metres on his own."

" i am by no means saying morton is a bad player"

If your not going to kick to a player who's 50 metres clear, he's a bad player. So which is it?

AND FFS if you're having a go at Morton's disposals, you gotta do better then dishing us up Palmer. Palmer butchers it.

Not only would his opponent not pick him up for the entire afternoon, he spent the day with his arms flailing in the air 30m from any opponent and NOBODY would kick it to him. He flailed so hard his poor little arms fell off.

Yep, I saw Bruce ignore him. And it was blatant. I dare say DB will be bringing it to Bruce's attention today when they watch a replay.

Morton is a gun.

18 years old and anorexic, but he is a ball magnet.

21 touches today.

Cant wait til he gains some muscle, and some experience. He will be 5 times better than Palmer and Cotchin.

Not sure about being better than Cotchin. He is a gem.

this is my very point, to suggest that he is going to be better than palmer is just silly. i am by no means saying morton is going to be a bad player, but he has done little to suggest he will surpass every single player in his draft except cotchin. admittedly, i may be loading it up a bit with morton as he has a good knack for finding the pill and in todays game his long quick strides are great..just wish his skills were alot more crisp and he didn't hesitate as much. Age is no excuse, Dunn never hesitated in his debut games, likewise with Petterd who is probably our most talented youngster coming through...besides morton of course

ur a toss! dunn never hesitated, oh petterd is our most talented player coming through! mate if u think morton butchers the ball watch palmer! oh thats right u dont other wise u would have known u just base your facts on stats!! sit your ass down watch 2 or 3 games wher freo play and count how many times palmer butchers it or cant kick over 20 meters!

:angry: just another fool who lacks facts to back up there pathetic oponions

no he wasnt the 4th highest in the team. Valenti, Bell, Martin and Warnock all had higher disposal efficiency %'s. Get your facts right.

palmer is almost fremantles best midfielder, and alot of his disposals are under pressure. There is a reason Palmer is a monty for the rising star. if you are going to single out palmers worst game for the year, why don't we look at his best. Rd8, 27 touches, 7 clearances, 1 goal, 75% efficiency. Now lets look at Mortons worst:

round 11: 16 touches, 4 clangers, no goals or clearances and 50% disposal efficiency, rd 6: 12 touches, 4 clangers.

suggesting morton is going to be better than palmer at this stage is laughable given palmer's stellar season.

Guest Schtacker

Gee there's a lot of 'Morton will be a champion, trust me' calls going on here

I don't see what any of it is based on besides that no.4 pick tag

'He finds space' well yeah the opposition doesn't rate him and lets him run free... all the more reason why he should be doing better

Writing him off now is crazy, but blindly defending him based on nothing is just as insane

suggesting morton is going to be better than palmer at this stage is laughable given palmer's stellar season.

I never suggested Morton will be better than Palmer, but your suggestion that Morton's disposal is no good is completely false.

By the way, it's laughable that you tell me to get my facts right when I said Morton's efficiency was the 4th highest instead of the 5th highest (massive difference :rolleyes:), while you have provided exactly zero facts until now to back up your hideously false assessments of our players.

Still think Miller is a rubbish player who should never play again?

Palmer will be a good player, but he does remind me of Hasleby, who won the RS in his first year. In fact their first years are remarkably similar and there was much hype about Hasleby all those years ago. He never got much better than that first year.

Once Morton fills out his frame he could become a very difficult matchup for any opposition. Granted there are a few ifs and buts, and Palmer may be a surer bet, but Morton's potential exceeds the Freo blokes. There's a reason recruiters rated Cale higher and it was never based on what they'd do in year one, but what they'd do in year 4+.

Read that last sentence again. Over and over.

Cale should feel a bit more composed and confident with another full preseason under his belt ( as will a numbe rof others ) . Cale's game is a bit 'Max-like" ..i.e missed by that much.! The accuracy will be honed with more games and as his confidence grows. He'll be just fine I think ;)

Guest Schtacker
I never suggested Morton will be better than Palmer, but your suggestion that Morton's disposal is no good is completely false.

By the way, it's laughable that you tell me to get my facts right when I said Morton's efficiency was the 4th highest instead of the 5th highest (massive difference :rolleyes:), while you have provided exactly zero facts until now to back up your hideously false assessments of our players.

Still think Miller is a rubbish player who should never play again?

I am very, very suspicious of those effective % stats

What exactly is considered effective and who decides it? If a bloke does a handpass that just hangs a second longer, and half a metre too low, but his teamate gets it, but because the handball wasn't as good as it should have been he was robbed of a crucial second or two to dispose of it and hence he is the one that buggers it up or gets caught, is this considered effective? Conversely, if someone digs it out of a pack under huge pressure and manages to grub a quick kick along the ground using excellent peripheral vision so a teammate can gather the loose crumbs, is this considered ineffective because it didn't travel right to him on the full? It's rubbish, particularly when you factor in certain players getting more easy link-up handballs etc than others

The same goes for one-percenters etc, do they score you one for laying a shepherd, even if you don't really hold it up that much, what about if you put a perfect little block on an opposition tagger at a throw-in that allows your teammate to run free? Does this count?

Stats schmats